Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call the police
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's probably waiting to see you in the garden.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Why on earth would a male be worried about the mug being part of a set? Come to think of it, why would a male buy a set of mugs in the first place?

I'm quite possessive about my favorite mug, I don't like anyone using my VE day mug and I would certainly track down anyone who made off with it.

Now come starryrune, step up, strap you man pants on and retrieve that mug in a robust and masculine manner.
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know how some people on DS manage to go about their day to day lives, when they need advice on something so trivial.
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how some people on DS manage to go about their day to day lives, when they need advice on something so trivial.

I was thinking the same thing, I'm sure that I've made a similar comment in an equality trivial post, previously. I honestly don't see how some people can handle a job, if such mundane, day to day stuff, sends them to an advice forum....when I think of the personalities, difficulties and complex situations I have to handle in my job on a weekly basis... A person like the OP, would implode! :o
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying in the thread title that the neighbour 'stole' the mug is a tad over the top, I really can't see them being able to prove a case of theft.
  • Options
    Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slag her off on Facebook.
    Contact the Daily Mail. They'll write an article on you and take a 'sad face' photo of you not holding your missing mug.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Contact the Daily Mail. They'll write an article on you and take a 'sad face' photo of you not holding your missing mug.

Actually not a bad idea, maybe even go on the Jeremy Kyle show together and get her to take a lie detector test.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! The OP would be "The Good Samaritan Dun Wrong", neighbour would be "The Thieving Chav"....who would be cast as "The Voice of Reason"? He has to have one of those for each story.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Sexist.

Is it sexist to point out a common difference between men and women, in relation to matching sets of things?
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We and our neighbours can go weeks without returning odd stray crockery to each other.

Since occasional swapping practices continue we can only conclude that neither side is remotely concerned whether it takes a day or a month for the items to be returned.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We and our neighbours can go weeks without returning odd stray crockery to each other.
    I have a vision of you now lobbing old crockery over the fence at them as they're bent over weeding.
  • Options
    tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    First world problems......

There is only one plan of action - REVENGE. Get planning....

BIB Annoying saying......>:(
  • Options
    YosemiteYosemite Posts: 6,192
    Forum Member
    Since occasional swapping practices continue ...
    I have a vision of you now lobbing old crockery over the fence at them as they're bent over weeding.

This thread now seems to have descended into sexual innuendo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim_smith wrote: »
    BIB Annoying saying......>:(

It wasn't me who made the comment you find annoying but 'first world problems' is a pretty apt description of minor issues such as this.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    SnrDev wrote: »
    Ram-raid the thieving bitch's house now. Sorted.

:)

Agreed, its time go get thermonuclear on the mug stealer and torch their house. Its the only way they will learn
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Make some biscuits and bring them round. She'll make tea and that'll hopefully jog her memory.

If that doesn't work, I don't know. Have you checked Debrett`s?
  • Options
    Rhythm StickRhythm Stick Posts: 1,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my advice, knock of the door. headbutt her when she answers. walk into the kitchen, take your mug, smash all theirs. Kick her in the face as you walk out.

job done. they won't still anymore of your cups. thieving bitch.
  • Options
    cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D made me smile. Will they also tell us the value?
  • Options
    Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    Yes! The OP would be "The Good Samaritan Dun Wrong", neighbour would be "The Thieving Chav"....who would be cast as "The Voice of Reason"? He has to have one of those for each story.

The comments will be immense.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Yesterday my neighbour and I were out in the garden doing some spring tidying, and I made her a coffee (we were just chatting over the fence) and I passed her coffee to her over the fence. She was sipping away and clearing weeds, and then it started to spit (what we call light rain) so she took the rest of her coffee inside and I haven't seen or heard from her since.

I know it might sound trivial but I don't know her that well, and I feel like if I go and ask for it back it might come across as cheeky, or, me a little OCD. If it was a mug I'd got from Tesco for £1.50 I might just leave it, but the mug is from an expensive set I got from Denby.

How long would you wait before paying her a visit? How would you word it so it didn't come across like I was accusing her of theft, or, come across like I am a loser. She has a daughter who visits her at weekends, and shes quite nice, :blush: I'd hate to give out the wrong impression.

BIB - what has that got to do with it? :o

Get a life, OP. :(
  • Options
    PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd get round there sharpish OP. Your neighbour will have it in a car boot sale come Sunday!
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member

Lol, great idea, you better have your house valued OP because they always print that no matter how remote from the actual topic
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ask for it
    Then, buy cheap mugs from the charity shop for the future
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd get round there sharpish OP. Your neighbour will have it in a car boot sale come Sunday!

Or on Ebay. It is from the Denby collection after all.;-)