Options

Three in a Bed | New Series | Wednesday 18th March '15 - Ch4 - 8pm

Comments

• Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look, she was set up and absolutely crucified by the show http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/local-news/all-news/b-b-owner-devastated-by-tv-experience-1-3537294.

She says she was made bankrupt two years ago. Aren't you banned from running a business for 5 years once bankrupt?
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just finished watching this and have to admit to feeling somewhat bewildered :confused: Was this a panto version of the show or what?? Seriously, that Lizzie is like Aggie McKenzie on an overdose of bitterness pills! Quite a rare creature indeed.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, she was set up and absolutely crucified by the show http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/news/local-news/all-news/b-b-owner-devastated-by-tv-experience-1-3537294.

She says she was made bankrupt two years ago. Aren't you banned from running a business for 5 years once bankrupt?

I suppose she will claim that she was forced to say those vile things by the production team. Silly deluded cow. She needs a serious dose of reality.
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,293
    Forum Member
    Felt sorry for the husband, he seemed decent at the end when congratulating the others, and said they were nice... He must have the patience of a saint!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    Felt sorry for the husband, he seemed decent at the end when congratulating the others, and said they were nice... He must have the patience of a saint!

Was he her husband? I thought they said he was just a long term friend. Poor guy if he is married to her.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    £16,000 expenditure on the B&B prior to the programme, no wonder she went bankrupt, she has no idea of money if that was true.
    Lizzie reminds me of those demented elderly women who shout abuse at you for whatever reason.
    She does!
    The friend who accompanied her looked terribly embarrassed and rolled his eyes a few times.

I was transfixed really. If Lizzie hadn't overdosed on bad botox then I have no idea what's gone on with her face :confused:

It certainly was a weird episode and I feel bad commenting, but something's really not right with Lizzie and I wouldn't stay at her place for free, she seems to have so little idea about the concept of hospitality (or reality) I really do think there are issues.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! A shower mat is not a must have. Ewwww.
    I think it was in that instance simply because of the surface.

We had a new shower base fitted last year and for several weeks the surface was lethal. I bought some gripper things because I really did think an accident was going to happen. It was like the base had been sprayed with a polish designed to make you slip :(
    It's ok now so I've taken the gripper things away. Suspect if there'd been a refurb that had happened there too.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,709
    Forum Member
    Was he her husband? I thought they said he was just a long term friend. Poor guy if he is married to her.

Yes, friend. 20 years or something I think, but not married. He's a friend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Yes, friend. 20 years or something I think, but not married. He's a friend.

Lucky escape. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just finished watching this and have to admit to feeling somewhat bewildered :confused: Was this a panto version of the show or what?? Seriously, that Lizzie is like Aggie McKenzie on an overdose of bitterness pills! Quite a rare creature indeed.

I see what you mean - it was like a French and Saunders skit ;-)
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Impressive detective work HD! :D Not sure about the bankruptcy thing but surely she should have had to sell off her assets to pay the debtors? I'm really not sure how all that works though.
    I have just finished watching this and have to admit to feeling somewhat bewildered :confused:Was this a panto version of the show or what?? Seriously, that Lizzie is like Aggie McKenzie on an overdose of bitterness pills! Quite a rare creature indeed.

That sums up that episode quite well!
    I suppose she will claim that she was forced to say those vile things by the production team. Silly deluded cow. She needs a serious dose of reality.

Totally agree. What an utterly delusional woman. Whether she was badly edited or not, (and of course it happens), she said those things and chose to act the way she did. She got what she deserved in the end and I fear that the repercussions will only get worse for her after what we saw. She had a brilliant opportunity to promote herself and her business in the best possible light and she completely blew it. More fool her.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,676
    Forum Member
    Lifes a bitch and so is she.
    There have been some pretty awful B&Bers on 3/4 in a bed over the years, and Lizzie is right up there with the worst of them - awful woman.
    I can not bear that voiceover man. He sounds like he should be reading fairy tales.
    I think he is the same guy who does the voice over for Posh Pawn. I preferred the previous one, was it Guy Porritt?
    SueG wrote: »
    I wonder if this programme will adversely affect future bookings for Lizzie's place? I certainly wouldn't go to hers whatever it's like. She's so horrible. I can't even stand the way she speaks (don't mean accent) let alone the things she says.
    I didn't like her place at all, looked really naff from the outside and it was way OTT decor wise.
    Her sign looks naff like a 4 year old painted it.
    :D I thought that too.
    SueG wrote: »
    I don't think so. Maybe he's speechless with shame. She's one of the most obnoxious, horrible, conceited, vile, disgusting, rude, awful and unpleasant people I've ever seen. Other than that, she's lovely.
    She was infuriating on payment day, so rude not qualifying her reasons for under paying. Then refusing to drink a toast at the end - methinks 2nd bankrupcy looming. :o
  • Options
    777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found her insufferable! I holiday in Berwick Upon Tweed every year, so I'll be crossing the street too If I see her coming. Just nasty >:(
  • Options
    David_ArcherDavid_Archer Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I never understand why when given the chance to promote their business for free on prime time TV, some participants blow it by acting in a nasty, spiteful manner.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen such a nasty, disagreeable, out and out spiteful and deluded person on either 3 or 4 in a Bed as Lizzie. I'm surprised she has any friends at all with her attitude, the fella with her certainly looked very uncomfortable.

Initially, I thought her place looked beautiful but I'd not stay there for free after seeing her disgraceful behaviour. Surely this can only negatively affect her business?!

I thought the other 2 couples were decent people. I didn't like the overreaction of the bigger woman when she found that dust and the dirt under the toilet rim but overall, they were pretty nice people running good B&Bs.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I think there was obviously something much more going on beneath the surface with Lizzie - her whole demeanour of staring into the middle distance whilst her friend read out the feedback comments to her was really peculiar
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    I found the whole thing quite uncomfortable. Lizzie is obviously mentally unwell.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,676
    Forum Member
    I've been reading the poor reviews on Tripadvisor and it would appear that there is the B&B and a house share - where most of criticsms are levied, it only cost £17 per night. But I get the impression that drink has addled Lizzie's brain and she is suffering from a kind of depression where there are huge mood swings, how else to explain the totally opposing views on her behaviour? Her friend must surely be aware of her unreliable behaviour and should have advised her against being on 3IAB.
  • Options
    Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch the series and think how the were playing up to the camera, then a few weeks back a colleague stayed at a B&B.

All was nice on check out, they could leave their bags at reception for the day and pay the bill when they got back.

However, when they got back they found that a glass table had been damaged in the room, he has no idea how and the guy wanted £60 for repairing it, which he paid.

He then left a trip advisor review, and was called to say he'd be charged a further £60 if he didn't remove it!

I'm going to stick to Premier Inn!
  • Options
    HumptyDumpyHumptyDumpy Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I have ever seen all commenters be this unanimously shocked by anyone. Raj perhaps, but even then not as much.

1 Sallyport does seem to have very good food, even negative reviews praise it on food. It also appears that Lizzie's "eccentric" behaviour is nothing new. Even the police have warned the guests of her strangeness. At least all the other B&B's in town must love her for all the extra trade that she provides them with.

I didn't really understand the whole house share set up. Do those using this service stay in the same rooms as are used for b&b?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    I found the whole thing quite uncomfortable. Lizzie is obviously mentally unwell.

I think I did by the end. It's hard to think someone could behave that way and not have psychological issues. I hope she wasn't exploited by C4.

Anyway...... she had a great sense of entitlement. She was one of these 3IAB old birds who have been running a B&B for ages and think they know everything. They imagine that they are on the prog in some kind of advisory capacity and the others will rush to ask for their help.

She must have ruined her business.
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, those Trip Advisor reviews are shocking and look at this http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/289409/Hotel-boss-bust-it-s-all-her-Fawlty
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    oh wow, i dont think i really have any words for how astounded i was at lizzie's behaviour!!

surely she has to be the most horrible contestant EVER!!

her poor friend just looked so embarrassed and i really felt for him...

really not surprised that people in berwick cross the street when they see her!!

think she needs some serious psychiatric help though coz there was just something not right with her....

And according to one of the TA reviews from 2012, she called the police on guests who allegedly told these folks that "she had problems". Knowing that should she have been on the programme? But then it made "good" TV, I suppose....nothing more boring than a bunch of people who are reasonable and pleasant.
    Her place looked a cluttered shambles and I'd much rather stay sleeping next to weird murals and with naff purple cushions if the owners are sane.
    I think it was pretty obvious the lady is ill, either that or acting her own version of Faulty Towers.