✭✭
    It doesn't. Get over it

I'm sorry if I upset you.
  • Options
    chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    seemingly being a bit 'unauthentic' is a harsh criticism in the extreme.

Umm, not really, no. She has always seemed that way to me.
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    just because someone is acquitted,it does not make them innocent.i personally think she had a big involvement but the Italian courts have ruled otherwise,so ill accept that.

I wonder how many people saying she is clearly and obviously innocent were saying the same about OJ?not many i imagine.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    They made some deal with the USA. What a shame.

What do you think the nature of this deal might be then? In your answer, bear in mind that Sollecito was also exonerated.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can only accept the verdict.

I despair at the Investigation and Italian legal system.

I feel for Meredith's family.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaff wrote: »
    I just watched the speech she gave outside her home. Her manner was that of an actress doing one of those OTT award acceptance speeches. The matter of her innocence to one side, there's just something about her that seems unauthentic.

So how exactly should she have reacted ?

She'd just found out she'd been fully exonerated for a crime she didn't commit and that the case that had been hanging over her head for nearly a decade was finally over.

Do you not think that news would have been somewhat overwhelming ?

If she'd stood in front of the press and been calm and dispassionate, people would have claimed she was a sociopath or that she was a cold hearted killer, or words to that effect.

She stands in front of the world's media and tries to keep her composure and she's apparently "acting".

So again, how should she have reacted that would have been acceptable ?
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    They made some deal with the USA. What a shame.

So what cloud did you pluck that random thought from ?
    just because someone is acquitted,it does not make them innocent

It makes them completely innocent. even more so in this case since the original conviction was annulled which completely exonerated her.
  • Options
    TheCloakroom99TheCloakroom99 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I hear OJ Simpson was invited to Knox's 'Celebration' party, but couldn't attend due to the fact Karma caught up with him as it will her.

Except karma is bollocks and does not exist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she'd stood in front of the press and been calm and dispassionate, people would have claimed she was a sociopath or that she was a cold hearted killer, or words to that effect.

Indeed. It seems that those who have convinced themselves she is guilty will interpret her demeanour and body language in whichever way helps support their prejudice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how exactly should she have reacted?

I'm not going to say how she should have reacted, because everyone's different. I'm just saying the way she behaves seems unauthentic to me.

I'm not sure why some people have to be so pompous about it, tbh.
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    So how exactly should she have reacted ?

She'd just found out she'd been fully exonerated for a crime she didn't commit and that the case that had been hanging over her head for nearly a decade was finally over.

Do you not think that news would have been somewhat overwhelming ?

She stands in front of the world's media and tries to keep her composure and she's apparently "acting".

So again, how should she have reacted that would have been acceptable ?

So what cloud did you pluck that random thought from ?

It makes them completely innocent. even more so in this case since the original conviction was annulled which completely exonerated her.

In the courts eyes yes,in reality.who knows?

If i walk out of my house,murder 6 people,get arrested/charged...eventually acquitted......am i innocent?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    Indeed. It seems that those who have convinced themselves she is guilty will interpret her demeanour and body language in whichever way helps support their prejudice.

Sums it up perfectly.

If i walk out of my house,murder 6 people,get arrested/charged...eventually acquitted......am i innocent?

That's just too ridiculous for words.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How weird is this Italian judicial system....Guilty ; Not Guilty ; Guilty ; Not Guilty !!!

They seem :confused: Methinks, after their obvious ineptitude, they wanted to wash their hands of the whole business...

We will never know the truth...{IMO, of course....before the Pro - Knox brigade jump down my throat ;-) }
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to say how she should have reacted, because everyone's different. I'm just saying the way she behaves seems unauthentic to me.

It's often hard to tell what's 'authentic' or not. There have been people on TV who garnered a lot of sympathy and turned out to be liars. We know that Knox wasn't renowned for her social skills.

I'm so glad she is finally acquitted because the evidence wasn't there, and Guede is such a disturbed person, there wasn't need to look further.
  • Options
    TheCloakroom99TheCloakroom99 Posts: 431
    Forum Member

Yes. You are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will never know the truth...{IMO, of course....before the Pro - Knox brigade jump down my throat ;-) }

I'm too old to jump anywhere :)

We already do know the truth. The real killer was tried and convicted of the crime and is currently serving time for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could you explain what you mean by 'unauthentic' more clearly? Do you think she's a liar and murderer? Because if not, I can't see a problem here.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member

That's the most ridiculous thing Ive ever read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you walk out of your house, DON'T murder 6 people yet get sentenced to 24 years inside anyway, would that make you guilty? Would you take that with a shrug of the shoulders and a 'hey-ho, these things happen' as you are spat on and beaten up by your new chums in jail?

No?

Didn't think so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If they had enough evidence - which, given how clear cut they claimed the case was from day one, shouldn't have been a problem - then she'd be in prison.
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally sanity ruled in this case. The only thing that still sickens me is that Rudy Guede got such a light sentence for raping and murdering Meredith Kercher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you explain what you mean by 'unauthentic' more clearly? Do you think she's a liar and murderer? Because if not, I can't see a problem here.

Just something about her behaviour seems off to me. It's hard to describe exactly. I feel like her emotional displays are insincere.

I don't know if she's a murderer or not. The Italian courts don't seem to think so.

I don't recall saying there was a problem with anything :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just something about her behaviour seems off to me. It's hard to describe exactly. I feel like her emotional displays are insincere.

I don't know if she's a murderer or not. The Italian courts don't seem to think so.

I don't recall saying there was a problem with anything :confused:

You seem to be implying that her behaviour suggests guilt, which can tick people off given that she has just been summarily acquitted. It's reminiscent of the 'no smoke without fire' arguments so often trotted out, and which are universally bollocks.

If I've misunderstood, please accept my sincere apologies.
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She can react however she likes really. She has always claimed to be innocent and has now been proved innocent. I don't think she should be expected to be sad, euphoric, remorseful, whatever etc.

And she shouldn't be expected to show feelings of any kind to to the Kercher family seeing as she had nothing to do with Meredith's murder. Of course it would be sensible of her to express sadness for them and I believe that she has but she can stop now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You seem to be implying that her behaviour suggests guilt, which can tick people off given that she has just been summarily acquitted. It's reminiscent of the 'no smoke without fire' arguments so often trotted out, and which are universally bollocks.

If I've misunderstood, please accept my sincere apologies.

You have, and no worries.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no doubt that she will kill again. My many years of reading lurid magazines have taught me to recognise the cold dead eyes of a serial killer. I said the same about Barry George and Christopher Jeffries.