Options

Peter Andre reluctant to marry again?

Comments

• Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only "raising awareness and promotion" he's done is the raising awareness and promotion of himself.
    And you yourself have just conceded that he hasn't got off his backside to do anything.
    So what exactly is it that he's done?
    You're a regular here Kay - surely you know that most people are more than a little sceptical about Tangoman and his ridiculous doings, so to claim that he's done anything as significant as donating money to charity privately is going to be treated with a fair amount of disbelief.
    Unless you have proof of course?

Is that not what all these celebrities do, promotion of the charity and themselves. This isn't something exclusive to Peter Andre. I don't know exactly what he has done for this charity, as I don't really follow him or his work, but a quick Google and I found that he has done a charity bike ride, Marathons, public appearances on the likes of Children In Need, which I presume were appearances for free.
    Can you provide any proof that he hasn't donated personally?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If all he wanted to do was raise awareness (rather than donate actual dosh), why set up a foundation and beg his fans to raise money in HIS name (not in the name of his brother)?

It's a vanity project - like pretty much everything else this little twonk does.

I don't know the ins & outs of this charity, but I have just read that it was Cancers Research's suggestion to name the charity as such. Unless I have read it wrong.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    The wee ones are so bloody cute, love the pic of princess with the hot choc. Lucky kids getting to go skiing again, never done it myself but looks like a great experience.

Yes lots of lovely pics of J&P. Beautiful children.

Not sure if 'Ems' and the little one have joined them. Although even if they are there, I think it goes without saying, the fans following him on Insta and Twitter won't be treated to any pics of the youngest member of the Andre-Mac family.

Off limits, she is!
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I don't know the ins & outs of this charity, but I have just read that it was Cancers Research's suggestion to name the charity as such. Unless I have read it wrong.

Was that a quote from CR or a quote from Pa? Cos one of those sources is reliable, and the other is a bit of a liar liar pantsonfire.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    So by raising awareness is not considered as doing something good. Ok :D

Who did he raise awareness for? Are you saying that you / his fans had no idea of the issues relating to regular checks that CRUK has been widely promoting for years? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Do you have a link for that? Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who did he raise awareness for? Are you saying that you / his fans had no idea of the issues relating to regular checks that CRUK has been widely promoting for years?

So are you suggesting that promotion and self awareness should now be stopped, because if we don't know by now, we never will?
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    He'd have shouted it from the friggin rooftops!

So hilarious, the idea that Mr Needy might have done something good and kept it to himself! :D

That's what I don't understand, surely his fans know him by now?
    Let me explain. The :D:D are because the link provided, is from Petes website, which is all about him and what he is doing. So it's little wonder he is promoting his coffee shops. What else would you expect from a website based on self promotion.
    And if every sportsman gave a fraction of their earnings towards the Sports Relief they promote, there would be no need for the charity events they participate in. :)

As I've said repeatedly, the link I opened was for his fundraising alone.

Yes I'm pretty sure proper celebs get paid for their fundraising but it will be a fraction of what they raise.

Anyway...........all I was saying was, imo, PA could have/should have raised much, much more for CRUK.

I'm done:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who did he raise awareness for? Are you saying that you / his fans had no idea of the issues relating to regular checks that CRUK has been widely promoting for years? :confused:

And again - if all he wanted to do was raise awareness of the work CANCER RESEARCH do (and not raise or donate money out of his own pocket, or even donate the full amount raised by "his" champions) why is the foundation raising awareness of Peter Andre well before it gets to the cancer chat?

Twonk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And again - if all he wanted to do was raise awareness of the work CANCER RESEARCH do (and not raise or donate money out of his own pocket, or even donate the full amount raised by "his" champions) why is the foundation raising awareness of Peter Andre well before it gets to the cancer chat?

Twonk.

Any celebrity used in any charity campaign will be about raising awareness of the celebrity themselves, as well as the charity, or what be the point in using them in the first place. Roger Smith down the road at number 7 is hardly going to raise any awareness, other than to those close to him. It's a win win for both the charity and the celebrity. That's why so many charities / organisations use them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a link for that? Thanks.

Funny enough, no I dont, as I only had a quick look at his charity work. But even if I did, I wouldn't know how to post it.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Funny enough, no I dont, as I only had a quick look at his charity work. But even if I did, I wouldn't know how to post it.:)

:D All you need to do is click on the url of the link and copy and paste it. It's really simple.

Even Peter Andre could do it. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any celebrity used in any charity campaign will be about raising awareness of the celebrity themselves, as well as the charity, or what be the point in using them in the first place.
    Does that make his actions right? I am pretty sure that many stars do care about the charity they support, particularly those that don't need the publicity :)
    Roger Smith down the road at number 7 is hardly going to raise any awareness, other than to those close to him. It's a win win for both the charity and the celebrity. That's why so many charities / organisations use them.

Tell that to Stephen Sutton, or the very many millions of people across the world who fund raise every day.

Or Pete's Champions - ordinary people raising extraordinary amounts of cash while the twonk sits back and takes the credit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that make his actions right? I am pretty sure that many stars do care about the charity they support, particularly those that don't need the publicity :)

Tell that to Stephen Sutton, or the very many millions of people across the world who fund raise every day.

Or Pete's Champions - ordinary people raising extraordinary amounts of cash while the twonk sits back and takes the credit.

You are missing the point! Why do you think charities / retail outlets use celebrities. I can not think of any celebrity that has donated extraordinary amounts of cash for the charity they support, because it's not made public knowledge, and neither should it. They are used for the soul purpose to convince their fan base to support them and the charity. Your ordinary joe is more likely to raise the big bucks, because the celebs are nothing more than the face to a charity. And that is not just Peter Andre, Mrs Pitt, I believe does a great deal for charity, but I don't know how much of her own money she donates, and why should anyone else. Maybe she is another of those celebrities that demands that others should part with some of their hard earned cash, but not so willing to part with her own millions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are missing the point! Why do you think charities / retail outlets use celebrities. I can not think of any celebrity that has donated extraordinary amounts of cash for the charity they support, because it's not made public knowledge, and neither should it. They are used for the soul purpose to convince their fan base to support them and the charity. Your ordinary joe is more likely to raise the big bucks, because the celebs are nothing more than the face to a charity. And that is not just Peter Andre, Mrs Pitt, I believe does a great deal for charity, but I don't know how much of her own money she donates, and why should anyone else. Maybe she is another of those celebrities that demands that others should part with some of their hard earned cash.

I'm not missing your point, however, you just lost the point completely when you compared Pa to Angelina Jolie. :D:D:D:D

Literally, have no words.

Far too busy laughing.

Thanks for that Kay. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not missing your point, however, you just lost the point completely when you compared Pa to Angelina Jolie. :D:D:D:D

Far too busy laughing.

Laugh away babe. But I was really struggling there to think of any zeleb that promotes and actually contributes financially to any charity, that I have heard of. I've heard Petes x wife gives to charity, but she's not said how much she actually donates from her own purse., and why should she, or anyone else for that matter. There's another that would, as some say "shout from the rooftops" yet doesn't. Because it's private. If Pete said that he donates x amount each year to which ever charity, I would think "what a dick" But wouldn't that just fit in with the saintly perception some have of him. :)
    I doubt there is anyone on earth that does not donate to charity in some shape or another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laugh away babe. But I was really struggling there to think of any zeleb that promotes and actually contributes financially to any charity, that I have heard of. I've heard Petes x wife gives to charity, but she's not said how much she actually donates from her own purse., and why should she, or anyone else for that matter. There's another that would, as some say "shout from the rooftops" yet doesn't. Because it's private. If Pete said that he donates x amount each year to which ever charity, I would think "what a dick" But wouldn't that just fit in with the saintly perception some have of him. :)

Zelebs don't give, they take, fake and then make money from anything they get involved with - The Peter Andre Foundation take their expenses from all monies raised prior to CRUK getting their hands on it.

Over the last few days I have met a few celebs/sportstars who are raising funds AND awareness for a couple of charities - all, without fail have been heartfelt in their desire to make changes. None of the ones I was dealing with charged expenses, nor used the charities to promote their own products.

Some might, but not all. Pa, as always, is at the least classy end of that particular scale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zelebs don't give, they take, fake and then make money from anything they get involved with - The Peter Andre Foundation take their expenses from all monies raised prior to CRUK getting their hands on it.

Over the last few days I have met a few celebs/sportstars who are raising funds AND awareness for a couple of charities - all, without fail have been heartfelt in their desire to make changes. None of the ones I was dealing with charged expenses, nor used the charities to promote their own products.

Some might, but not all. Pa, as always, is at the least classy end of that particular scale.

But you can't speak for them all can you? Is that not what charities use celebs for, to promote themselves. Peter Andre is not huge, so his campaign is hardly likely to be either. But every little help. Possibly the charity would have done better to invest time in someone with a bigger fan base, I do wonder why someone much bigger wasn't used tbh.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D All you need to do is click on the url of the link and copy and paste it. It's really simple.

Even Peter Andre could do it. ;)

That made me laugh.
    Good one. :D:D
    I'm not missing your point, however, you just lost the point completely when you compared Pa to Angelina Jolie. :D:D

Far too busy laughing.

It was indeed funny. :D
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Still find it strange that the foundation for charity is in Peter's name not his brother in his honour?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Still find it strange that the foundation for charity is in Peter's name not his brother in his honour?

Why on earth would Peteybabes pass on an opportunity for self-promotion? :confused:

No chance. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you can't speak for them all can you? Is that not what charities use celebs for, to promote themselves. Peter Andre is not huge, so his campaign is hardly likely to be either. But every little help. Possibly the charity would have done better to invest time in someone with a bigger fan base, I do wonder why someone much bigger wasn't used tbh.

Nope - and as all you are doing is attacking others for doing the same as Pa I can only presume you are just deflecting.

If he was half the man you and others purport him to be, you'd have an actual defence, rather than "everyone else does it", which, let's face it, stops working by they age of 13, normally.

Pa uses the charity for attention. His foundation charge expenses on money raised. Pa has made a big deal about his 50p on a bag of coffee, and his "signed pic if you raise £3 squillion (a free coffee if you raise 4)" stuff. Vanity project, dressed up as a memorial.

No word on the source of the "CRUK told him to" statement?
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has got off his lazy backside, even by physically doing nothing, he has contributed by raising awareness, promoting. I always wondered what any of these celebs that constantly pleading with the public to part with their hard earned cash, actually put in themselves, do you not think that if every celebrity that took part in Children In Need, Live Aid donated a fraction of their earnings, the charities would be far better off than they are? It could be that they think that they have played their part, by actually taking the time to promote, or to offer their time for free, as in appearances. What anyone gives to charity is private, and so it should be. I would question anyone that publicly boasts what they donate to charity. Maybe that's just me. :)
    Because before Peter Andre set up his foundation, people were completely unaware of the existence of cancer as a disease that could kill them. The only awareness being raised is Peter Andre raising awareness of Peter Andre.

As for keeping his charitable deeds private, any money funnelled through his foundation will have to be declared and published.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Because before Peter Andre set up his foundation, people were completely unaware of the existence of cancer as a disease that could kill them. The only awareness being raised is Peter Andre raising awareness of Peter Andre.

As for keeping his charitable deeds private, any money funnelled through his foundation will have to be declared and published.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I had never heard the word cancer until Tangoman decided to raise awareness of it by nobly and selflessly profiteering from it by selling coffee.
    The man is a hero.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if the massive advert for his coffee shop is because the link was actually taken from his self promotional website. Where he promotes his merchandise etc. :D:D

His whole existence is one big self promotion. The cheesemeister general must wake up every day and thank the Gods of rtv that they picked him to go into the jungle and hook up with a fellow desperado otherwise he'd still be dining out on his one song anyone knows from about 50 years ago - oh wait :)

Can ask anyone, how exactly is him selling coffee 'raising awareness'? Apart from this place, I've heard and read literally nothing about him and his foundation but I know a whole lot about other celebs efforts.
This discussion has been closed.