Options

'feminist terrorists'opposed bikini-focussed campaign because they a

Comments

• Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    The advert isn't that bad but the companies tweets afterwards were disgusting.

What were the tweets?
  • Options
    edward_mckenzieedward_mckenzie Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    They could at least have used a fit dude as well ffs

they do in their adverts targetted towards men. No bomb threats from men when they do. hmm.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    they do in their adverts targetted towards men. No bomb threats from men when they do. hmm.

A beach body ad should be targeted at both sexes
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    I have no idea - I merely raised the possibility that they stirred the pot themselves - hardly unknown.

I shall treat your last sentence with the contempt it deserves.

A bit like how the shirtgate scientist 'stirred the pot' by wearing a shirt deemed haram by the feminist thought police?

These people are extreme and ought to be condemned like any other extremist group would be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is possible that they egged the pudding. Can't really comment about the bomb threat as there is no detail in the story.. just a sub-heading. Surprising as you would have thought that would be given more emphasis.

so ignore the bomb threats angle, but concentrate on saying how (without any evidence whatsoever) that they probably did this themselves. Now i know you jesaya so i know this isnt true, but people who dont know you might be thinking there is an agenda there.
  • Options
    Forum Member

what legally? you think the law should be that beach body adverts should be targetted at men and women? well for what its worth i saw the picture of the ad and did think yes i shall sharpen up for summer, so i suppose it was targeted at men aswell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What were the tweets?

Just kept jeering at people for being 'insecure'.

Personally I think anyone who believes that a twenty quid bottle of tablets will 'melt fat' is probably too stupid to debate with.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Of course there are never ads featuring toned, muscular men are there?
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    A bit like how the shirtgate scientist 'stirred the pot' by wearing a shirt deemed haram by the feminist thought police?

These people are extreme and ought to be condemned like any other extremist group would be.

Oh calm down - of course people who threaten should be condemned... but protesting is fine (picture of Muhammed anyone?) and yes, the way they are milking this for publicity makes me wonder if they are stirring it themselves.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

fOecc6u.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just kept jeering at people for being 'insecure'.

Personally I think anyone who believes that a twenty quid bottle of tablets will 'melt fat' is probably too stupid to debate with.

I looked at them on Amazon... seem to be just caffeine loaded appetite suppressants. Have to take them with 'healthy balanced meals' or their shakes... which would probably mean you would lose weight anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh calm down - of course people who threaten should be condemned... but protesting is fine (picture of Muhammed anyone?) and yes, the way they are milking this for publicity makes me wonder if they are stirring it themselves.

They haven't sold 2 million pounds worth of extra product because some feminists have protested about their advertisements. I doubt whether they have sold an extra penny's worth. Who in the world would look at the twitter row and think, "well I wasn't going to spend the twenty/ forty/ sixty quid, but if it will annoy feminists, I'm in"? No one. They are just happy that they have found a complaint Mail reporter who dislikes feminists and is willing to print their bullshit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    fOecc6u.jpg

lol, but i would be wary as SJW will try to get you banned for that.
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, but i would be wary as SJW will try to get you banned for that.

And then start a change.org petition about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    so ignore the bomb threats angle, but concentrate on saying how (without any evidence whatsoever) that they probably did this themselves. Now i know you jesaya so i know this isnt true, but people who dont know you might be thinking there is an agenda there.

Now now, let's not make stuff up dan.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Defacing the posters was criminal damage, not protesting.

You might be right about them milking it but if the feminists weren't so hysterical there would have been no publicity at all would there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now now, let's not make stuff up dan.

names ed, jes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They haven't sold 2 million pounds worth of extra product because some feminists have protested about their advertisements. I doubt whether they have sold an extra penny's worth. Who in the world would look at the twitter row and think, "well I wasn't going to spend the twenty/ forty/ sixty quid, but if it will annoy feminists, I'm in"? No one. They are just happy that they have found a complaint Mail reporter who dislikes feminists and is willing to print their bullshit.

I have no doubt that there is opposition to them - but I can't say I trust their version.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-32497580
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In a way it was, women want her body, and men want her... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    names ed, jes

Of course it is.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So SJW's and the usual loony lot have scored a massive own goal boosting the guys millions. Nothing new there.

Hilarious stuff! :D

In the three-week storm since the posters went up Mr Seth has even branded the people defacing his adverts 'irrational and extremist', while colleagues have told critics to 'get over it'.

Their aggressive approach has paid off because in the last week it also made him more than £2million in new sales for his diet supplements by 30,000 new customers and supporters.

He has taken an extra £1million in sales and it's been good for me - my sales are up 30 per cent to £500,000.

'I know there's a protest of some description going on in Hyde Park all I can do is wish them a happy day and thank them for the publicity. 'Don't make your insecurities our issue. Just because you feel uncomfortable looking at it it's not our problem. We are not scared about upsetting the minority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have no doubt that there is opposition to them - but I can't say I trust their version.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-32497580

The woman in the picture is clearly not unhealthy, quite the opposite.
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    fOecc6u.jpg

The topless women is pretty, shame she believes in such a hateful agenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Defacing the posters was criminal damage, not protesting.

You might be right about them milking it but if the feminists weren't so hysterical there would have been no publicity at all would there?

I can't say I get overly worried about a bit of poster defacing to be honest - sometimes it can be quite amusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    So SJW's and the usual loony lot have scored a massive own goal boosting the guys millions. Nothing new there.

Hilarious stuff! :D

Hilar. Only as I said, I don't believe a word of it. He sounds like an immature idiot making stuff up to annoy people. And his products sound like such worthless crap that they should be banned for misleading people, never mind the hideous advertisements.