Options

What's your level of interest in the new royal baby?

Comments

• Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Well, they generate interest around the world. I'm not sure they actually generate income!

Tourism is my basis for my opinion ..our rich history revolves around their ancestors..
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,542
    Forum Member
    75% only slightly or not at all interested. Why the HELL have we got wall to wall coverage in the media then? God knows why!
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,586
    Forum Member
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    Tourism is my basis for my opinion ..our rich history revolves around their ancestors..

Indeed, but all our rich history is here for tourists to see, with or without present-day Royals.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    75% only slightly or not at all interested. Why the HELL have we got wall to wall coverage in the media then? God knows why!
    It's either because the channels are all desperate to appear sufficiently fawnsome so as to be granted the first exclusive interview, or it's an indirect result of the combination of subject matter and the denizens of this place...

With a thread like this there's always going to be a higher proportion of people who can't resist the temptation to come in just to say how completely uninterested they are, those who are interested are probably elsewhere reading 20 barely-different articles that all came from the same press release or watching footage of a watched doorstep. They won't bother because they see it as all horribly negative* and there's been plenty of that already and they have decided to stay clear.

* or just common, obviously. Peasants! Philistines!
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My interest is somewhere inbetween the Chinese penal system and the Garibaldi biscuit with the dead flies in.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member

Hopefully the media will do some polling of their own and decide to cut back on the inordinate amount of coverage given to this kind of twaddle.

Either that or there is some kind of covert establishment pressure om the media; actual or implied; to overstate public interest; perhaps even public support; for the RF and the Monarchy.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    Hopefully the media will do some polling of their own and decide to cut back on the inordinate amount of coverage given to this kind of twaddle.
    I predict the amount of coverage will reduce over the next few days! Obviously it will be entirely due to broadcasters doing exactly that kind of poll...
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not interested now. Might be more so if she's a looker and bit of a wild child in seventeen or eighteen years.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    If showing interest was a positive (+) number, my level of interest currently is at Yocto.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yocto-
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    If showing interest was a positive (+) number, my level of interest currently is at Yocto.
    I can't stand faddy yoghurts either
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These people who say they have no interest at all are pathetic!
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No interest what so ever
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »

Why, exactly? The thread title asked a question: they answered it.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say I'm "not at all interested" as I actually like William and Kate, they seem like a decent, down-to-Earth couple and I wish them all best with their new daughter.
    So, I chose "slightly interested".

The people who were on Sky news, camping out outside the hospital, dressing up and celebrating like they'd just won the lottery need to get a productive hobby.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I'm "not at all interested" as I actually like William and Kate, they seem like a decent, down-to-Earth couple and I wish them all best with their new daughter.

The people who were on Sky news, camping out outside the hospital, dressing up and celebrating like they'd just won the lottery need to get a productive hobby.

Makes you wonder how many of those really care or just want to get on TV?
  • Options
    1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really couldn't care less. Seems the vast majority feel the same. I would also extend that to the Royal family in general. Couldn't care less.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's your level of interest in the new royal baby?

Nil ^_^
  • Options
    *animasana**animasana* Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »

Cringe x 100! I was much more interested in watching them, with a very bemused expression on my face :o I'm utterly amazed by their obsession with people who would barely even give them the time of day under normal circumstances.

I saw 2 women from the NE of England being interviewed, draped in Union Jack flags. They had been camped outside the Lindo wing for more than 10 days. And that elderly couple who feel Kate & Wills are part of their "extended family" had me falling about laughing.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The top story on the BBC is that the new baby has spent her first night at home. This is 'news' to the multitudes who expected her to go clubbing or work a night shift on a North Sea oil rig.:confused:
  • Options
    1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringe x 100! I was much more interested in watching them, with a very bemused expression on my face :o I'm utterly amazed by their obsession with people who would barely even give them the time of day under normal circumstances.

I saw 2 women from the NE of England being interviewed, draped in Union Jack flags. They had been camped outside the Lindo wing for more than 10 days. And that elderly couple who feel Kate & Wills are part of their "extended family" had me falling about laughing.

I think if you find yourself camped outside the Lindo wing draped in Union Jacks you need to have a serious word with yourself.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    I think if you find yourself camped outside the Lindo wing draped in Union Jacks you need to have a serious word with yourself.

They very likely already do too much of that.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only came on here to vote not interested. LOL
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »

I do not agree with that remark.
    We are all entitled to our own opinions and that was what the thread was about.
    I voted very interested which I am, by tomorrow when we know the name of the little girl my interest will wain.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And that elderly couple who feel Kate & Wills are part of their "extended family" had me falling about laughing.
    Yes, they were beyond OTT. The old woman even said that she felt that it was her, herself, getting a new baby. :o Creepy much?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing what she looks like on the MSN home page, she has a look of William. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up looking the image of William, like George does, once she reaches George's age.