• Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JohnDoe14 wrote: »
    RIP Shireen Stark of episode 9

She was Shireen Baratheon.

I can't believe they did that!

I bet Davos is fuming and I can see him turning against Stannis and certainly doing Mel a mischief.
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davos is literally, like, the only good person left. Hopefully he kills them all.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never did like Stannis (thought he'd make a terrible, harsh king and was too obsessed with his violent new religion) but now I thoroughly hate him and hope he gets what's coming to him. Poor Davos will be distraught when he finds out. Surely he'll abandon Stannis for this?

Drogon flying in to rescue his mum was one of the few fist punching in the air moments of this season and much needed. I assume we're going to see some of Dany properly learning or searching for how to train him and his brothers. After all, they must have done it in days past. I don't expect Dany to cross to Westeros until the last series (and to become a key part in the fight against the White Walkers) so that would be as good a stalling tactic as any.

Also I think this had the first major spoiler for the next book in it, yes? I was watching the Inside The Episode video and the show runners said Shireen's death is planned by Martin which makes me assume it's in the next book. I guess either WoW is released before next spring or the whole of season 6 will be spoilers!
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    So you're saying there were only ever three giants north of the wall? I find that unlikely. I swear we've seen more, though not by name. These giants must have female counterparts for starters, and we've not seen any of them.

I thought that the giants had dwindled in numbers to the point that they have almost died out.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I thought that the giants had dwindled in numbers to the point that they have almost died out.
    It was mentioned that their numbers are low, but as low as three? Seems troublesome to believe.

That said, this is Thrones. Dragons all died out, then three Egg's appeared. Whilst I doubt Giants hatch, maybe someone will find a Giant creche somewhere in the North. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »
    I bet Davos is fuming and I can see him turning against Stannis and certainly doing Mel a mischief.

I bet he's not as "fuming" as Shireen is right now...

Too soon? I'll get my crow-feathered coat...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Hizdar mo whatshisface by the way. Dad who wasn't a slaver gets crucified, forced into a marriage with his killer, not the leader of the Sons of the Harpy, dies.

Or maybe he *was* involved with the Harpies and was killed for being a traitor (I don't know the answer to that, am just speculating).

the Sons of Harpy are such tedious villians. Time to get rid. Hopefully, by invoking "dragon power", She-Ra style, Dany will have frightened them all away.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Poor Hizdar mo whatshisface by the way. Dad who wasn't a slaver gets crucified, forced into a marriage with his killer, not the leader of the Sons of the Harpy, dies.
    Or maybe he *was* involved with the Harpies and was killed for being a traitor (I don't know the answer to that, am just speculating).
    We don't know he's dead though, do we? He was still alive when Danny and co fled that balcony; granted he was on the ground having been stabbed, but was his wound fatal? Could he have arranged to have been injured thus not to arouse suspicion on the grounds that Danny would escape?
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the Sons of Harpy are such tedious villians. Time to get rid. Hopefully, by invoking "dragon power", She-Ra style, Dany will have frightened them all away.

Some book info here for anyone interested...
    In the books he's the actually the leader of the Sons of the Harpy and tries to have Dany murdered by poisoning the food at the games. Instead it's eaten by some other guy who dies and Hizdar is found out.

I suspect here that he's dead though and they've just decided not to include that part of the plot. The Sons of the Harpy are likely over (the ones who weren't crispy fried will probably think twice about attacking her now!)
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    We don't know he's dead though, do we? He was still alive when Danny and co fled that balcony; granted he was on the ground having been stabbed, but was his wound fatal? Could he have arranged to have been injured thus not to arouse suspicion on the grounds that Danny would escape?

It looked to me that he got stabbed in the heart, then a few more for good measure.

I didn't think that dragon skin would be so susceptible to normal weapons, she needs go get that guy some armour.

Also get Hiccup onboard to teach her how to train her Drogon.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Some book info here for anyone interested...
    In the books he's the actually the leader of the Sons of the Harpy and tries to have Dany murdered by poisoning the food at the games. Instead it's eaten by some other guy who dies and Hizdar is found out.

I suspect here that he's dead though and they've just decided not to include that part of the plot. The Sons of the Harpy are likely over (the ones who weren't crispy fried will probably think twice about attacking her now!)
    I don't think this is true.
    They think he is the leader of the SotH, but he has scapegoat written all over him. IMO he is 100% innocent and the Harpy leader is the Green Grace.
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Stannis. Stannis the glove puppet. Murdered his brother on a failed promise of victory at Blackwater, now murders his daughter on a similar promise of victory at Winterfell. Well done Ramsay Bolton, for confirming the truth for me about Stannis; he is unworthy.

Arya, "A Girl has work to do."

Dany, A girl has even more work to do.

The dragon looked great, until Dany went for a ride. Shame that.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davos is literally, like, the only good person left. Hopefully he kills them all.

Ser Davos for the Iron Throne, I say. :D

Oh, and I notice Olly is still moping round Castle Black like a sulky teenager who had their mobile phone confiscated.

I swear if he does anything to f**k things up for Jon Snow, then he can be next onto the pyre after Shireen. >:(
  • Options
    Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Stannis, you spherical mass of ****ery.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Awww I love Davos, he will be heartbroken.:cry:
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last scene with Dany on Drogon was so cheesy and the crappy cgi didn't help! Aside from that, solid episode.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Stannis has surpassed the Night King as the villain. At least the Night King saved Craster's sons from freezing to death and made them into supernatrual warriors. Stannis burnt his own daughter for the sake of the throne. There's nothing he won't do now.
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've officialy switched sides from Stannis to Selsye!

Wow what an episode just can't believe he went through with it.

As others have said, GoT is great for changing your sympathies with regards to a character.

I see-saw with love/hate for Jamie but I doubt anything Stannis may do in the future is ever going to get me back on side.

Hopefully next week (is it the last one already :( ) we'll get more on Kings Landing. I know from an internet spoiler long ago what'll happen to Cersei but I'm a big Margaery fan, hope that is resolved next episode and not next season.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stannis gets the job done, you have to admire that. His daughter's story arc was well finished anyway and she did say she wanted to help. I mean how many more times can she read kids stories out of a book? It was time to go.
  • Options
    JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »
    She was Shireen Baratheon.

I can't believe they did that!

I know, I was joking about how on the episode 9 of an odd numbered season we've had Starks cruelly taken away from us. Seeing as Shireen is the only person who we liked who died in such a horrific way this episode so for me she is an honorary Stark. Let's face it, it's not like a Baratheon cares about her anyway.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last scene with Dany on Drogon was so cheesy and the crappy cgi didn't help! Aside from that, solid episode.

It would have been better if she'd just climbed aboard and taken control as he massacred the remaining Harpies.

Like you say, having Drogon run and take flight and the two of them fly off into the distance was too cheesy. :D

People have already posted links to The Neverending Story, because it was like a children's fairytale, not Game of Thrones material. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stannis gets the job done, you have to admire that. His daughter's story arc was well finished anyway and she did say she wanted to help. I mean how many more times can she read kids stories out of a book? It was time to go.

D&D kill off an avid book reader, it all begins to make sense.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The red bitch gets her way yet again. What is her agenda? Are we really expected to believe she cares about Stannis and him getting the throne?

I wasn't that surprised he went through with it, he's always been a ruthless individual. People don't just change like he seemingly did into a nice guy. The truth is that girl is better off away from her nasty parents, it's just a shame she had to die in such a horrific way.

Ollie with his shady looks again wont be surprised to see him turn on Jon but hopefully the little shit pays for it if he does :D.
  • Options
    RG101RG101 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    I got the feeling deep down that Davos knew exactly what was going to happen, that's why he tried to convince Stannis to let him take Shireen with him and when he wouldn't let her go he gave her a last parting gift.

Is Davos such a good person for letting that happen? to my mind he just decided to follow his orders and pretty much left Shireen to her fate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RG101 wrote: »
    I got the feeling deep down that Davos knew exactly what was going to happen, that's why he tried to convince Stannis to let him take Shireen with him and when he wouldn't let her go he gave her a last parting gift.

Is Davos such a good person for letting that happen? to my mind he just decided to follow his orders and pretty much left Shireen to her fate.

Davos helped Gendry escape in the knowledge he would probably die for it, no way would he leave if he had any suspicion that Shireen would burn.

He probably suspected that Melisandre was in Stannis' ear about it, which is why he offered to take Shireen with him, but Davos' only fault is that he thinks more highly of Stannis than he should do, and he probably thought Stannis wouldn't allow it.