Options

Should people who join ISIS ever be allowed back into the UK?

Comments

• Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    You've missed the point entirely. It's not about their parents...who have stayed here, so frequently in complete ignorance of where their offspring have ended up and who they're beheading this week...so we're told - it's about the youngsters who go. And what have THEY contributed before they went I.E. they haven't had time or opportunity or taxable income to have to pay much of anything.

How much tax does a 16 year old schoolgirl pay these days? :p
    You really do need to stop taking one extreme sample and applying to everyone.

So far we have all people that join IS are benefits scroungers(not that you know this) and now we have they are all beheaders.

Such rubbish.
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    JB3 wrote: »

So far we have all people that join IS are benefits scroungers(not that you know this) and now we have they are all beheaders.

Such rubbish.

One thing we do know for sure is that they hate our country and our way of life, and so they should never be allowed to re-enter our society.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One thing we do know for sure is that they hate our country and our way of life, and so they should never be allowed to re-enter our society.
    Yes.That is a more sensible statement.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've missed the point entirely. It's not about their parents...who have stayed here, so frequently in complete ignorance of where their offspring have ended up and who they're beheading this week...so we're told - it's about the youngsters who go. And what have THEY contributed before they went I.E. they haven't had time or opportunity or taxable income to have to pay much of anything.

How much tax does a 16 year old schoolgirl pay these days? :p

No idea, just as I have no idea whether they received "housing, benefits, sometimes jobs" - Asian or otherwise "Exactly how much tax revenue will 17-19 year old Asian youths or 16 year old Asian schoolgirls have contributed to the nation's coffers before they leave? " You're presuming far too much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree.
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o:o:o

The Guardian or at least one of the columnists there finally talks sense about ISIS! Give her a week before she's sacked.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/16/isis-recruits-not-dupes-but-fanatics
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Such rubbish.

and Asian. ;-)
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Such rubbish.

Er....

No. What we have is the high profile example of Jihadi John....

...but what about all the other masked, covered-faced ISIS fighters in the mass killing of prisoners and Syrians soldiers' videos? How do YOU know that of the hundreds of UK "citizens" and those of other Western nations who have gone to the Middle East to join ISIS, NONE of them happen to be involved in all the massed killings that have been going on? The massacres of those who refuse to convert in every town ISIS takes over? The hundreds of POWs killed?

The "rubbish" position is that of all the UK-origin ISIS volunteers, none of them have taken part in killings except for Jihadi John. So nice of ISIS to ensure that the "British" volunteers among their ranks are left out of all the nasty stuff...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Under Soul wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o

The Guardian or at least one of the columnists there finally talks sense about ISIS! Give her a week before she's sacked.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/16/isis-recruits-not-dupes-but-fanatics
    We really do need to get our act together, we are just fannying about with very little clue of what to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    No idea, just as I have no idea whether they received "housing, benefits, sometimes jobs" - Asian or otherwise "Exactly how much tax revenue will 17-19 year old Asian youths or 16 year old Asian schoolgirls have contributed to the nation's coffers before they leave? " You're presuming far too much.

Perhaps then YOU can tell us what percentage of UK passport holders who have gone to fight for ISIS have been white caucasians?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Er....

No. What we have is the high profile example of Jihadi John....

...but what about all the other masked, covered-faced ISIS fighters in the mass killing of prisoners and Syrians soldiers' videos? How do YOU know that of the hundreds of UK "citizens" and those of other Western nations who have gone to the Middle East to join ISIS, NONE of them happen to be involved in all the massed killings that have been going on? The massacres of those who refuse to convert in every town ISIS takes over? The hundreds of POWs killed?

The "rubbish" position is that of all the UK-origin ISIS volunteers, none of them have taken part in killings except for Jihadi John. So nice of ISIS to ensure that the "British" volunteers among their ranks are left out of all the nasty stuff...
    That is one extreme sample, I think I mentioned it in my first sentence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is one extreme sample, I think I mentioned it in my first sentence.

You did indeed....

But I note that though you re-quoted what else I posted, you've not chosen to answer it...

By the way - even if by some miracle no UK ISIS fighters were ever involved in mass killings...though we know of at least two suicide bombers - even by just being there, bearing arms in their cause they're tarred by and guilty of the same crimes...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_responsibility
    Collective responsibility also known as "Collective Guilt" is a concept in which individuals are responsible for other people's actions by tolerating, ignoring, or harboring them, without actively collaborating in these actions.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This question seems a bit in the realms of fantasy.

If someone has duel citizenship, you MIGHT be able to repatriate them to another country where they have the right to reside. There is no way under international law of 'repatriating' anyone at all from their country of origin to a country where they have no right to live; Syria no more wants to own our violent hotheads than we want to own theirs.

All we can do is deal with potential offences that have been committed, some of which carry potentially heavy sentences; this in itself is likely to be a deterrent to those wishing to return.

Thank you for saving me the bother of responding. How many more threads will we have on this topic?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps then YOU can tell us what percentage of UK passport holders who have gone to fight for ISIS have been white caucasians?

Was hoping YOU could tell us as I'm not the one presuming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The premise of the OP is that they've already departed to parts East...and is about them coming back. It's not about any "right" to repatriate them anywhere - they've already taken themselves off to IS.

Wrong. I think you and others either don't understand the law on citizenship or just wish it were that simple. It is rather amusing how benefits have weedled their way into a totally unrelated topic..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Categorically NO. We only want people here who will be an asset to our country.

They turn their backs on us and we should do likewise. as Phylo says revoke their passports.

This country has been so good to them giving them education, free healthcare, housing, benefits, sometimes jobs and this is how they repay us.
    There is no other country in the world where people are accepted and cared for.

Any links to that astounding claim or how you intend to start revoking passports?
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    NEVER let them back, they can rot out there for all I care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Thank you for saving me the bother of responding. How many more threads will we have on this topic?
    Yet you've since made two more posts here..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet you've since made two more posts here..

Well, I'll be damned. Anything constructive to offer as the facts wooshed over your head? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any links to that astounding claim or how you intend to start revoking passports?

The Secretary of State does that not DS members and the powers to revoke passports exist so no problem.
  • Options
    HP.80 VictorHP.80 Victor Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should people who join ISIS ever be allowed back into the UK?

No!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I'll be damned. Anything constructive to offer as the facts wooshed over your head? :D

Unlike you I have, well to topic anyway.

You seem to be looking for excuses to allow them back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Secretary of State does that not DS members and the powers to revoke passports exist so no problem.

Can you supply a link please and supporting evidence of any full British citizen having their passport revoked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can you supply a link please and supporting evidence of any full British citizen having their passport revoked.
    Could do but can't be arsed when you can google it yourself and besides, I'm not going to help you divert the topic.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a question! Good riddance to bad rubbish.