Options

Wentworth (Australian Pace) contains spoilers

Comments

• Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really really really hope all this repeated talk of Frankie only leaving Wentworth in a box is a double bluff.

Given the repeated mentioning actually killing Frankie off now would be the obvious choice.
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I've read it wrong but
    the official Twitter page for the show has seemingly confirmed Joan's demise is coming

While it was looking obvious I'm surprised they openly confirmed it.
  • Options
    TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the freak said "I trusted you" to Doreen in the bathroom had to be a nod back to when PCBH freak said that same thing to Rita Connors in the last episode after she served her a meal in her cell...

Brilliant episode last night, can't wait til next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I've read it wrong but
    the official Twitter page for the show has seemingly confirmed Joan's demise is coming

While it was looking obvious I'm surprised they openly confirmed it.

If it's this
    https://twitter.com/Wentworth/status/611080861614653441
    The Freak Is Revealed! But will that be enough to stop her? #Wentworth season 3 comes to an end next Tuesday at... http://fb.me/3k5Ci7En1
    then it could mean anything, (I hope), the writing is that good I think they could pull it off having Ferguson in for another series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTV wrote: »
    If it's this
    https://twitter.com/Wentworth/status/611080861614653441
    The Freak Is Revealed! But will that be enough to stop her? #Wentworth season 3 comes to an end next Tuesday at... http://fb.me/3k5Ci7En1
    then it could mean anything, (I hope), the writing is that good I think they could pull it off having Ferguson in for another series.

I don't think they could. Not now anyway.

She's completely unravelled. Fletch, Vera and Jackson know exactly what she's done and who she is. There's no way back for her without removing all of those and I don't see that happening.

Yes the prisoners know but they're not in enough power to do anything about it, besides kill her. But the prison officers are.

I believe now if she does come back as governor now that've lost the plot. And I don't think the writers would do that. The show so far has been impeccable.

Yes Joan could come back but I don't see it being as governor.

Unless of course everyone who knows the real Josn died is the final (in the fire perhaps). Which just isn't plausable.
  • Options
    petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    She didn't push her, she pulled her back only for Lucy to hit her and lose her balance. Although I would say Vera killing her mother already made her "nasty" I just wouldn't pin that particular incident on her.

True she didn't actually push her but the intent was there. I love what they have done with Vera from being placid to having a ruthless streak. She has become like Vera on PCBH a little bit nasty all due I think to her mother dying and being injected with Hepatitis B. just excellent acting from Kate Atkinson as Vera ' Vinegar Tits' Bennett
  • Options
    monique!monique! Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Seriously wentworth doesn't seem to put a foot wrong!

I don't see how they could continue with Joan into season 4, she's completely lost the plot and like others have said, everyone has seen her true colours..

I'm excited but sad for the final, I don't know how I will manage to wait a whole year before its back 😫
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Joan is exiting next week at least like Jac she will go out on a high. My main worry for the Freak was that she would turn into a parody if she got away with everything. Another season of them all trying to bring her down would just be a repeat of what we have already had. While there are several leads this is Bea Smith's show. Its her journey through prison life and I truly believe Wentworth will only continue for as long as Danielle Cormack is in it. That's why I see Joan, no matter how amazing Pamela has been, as expendable. The next season will see a new problem with Bea, most likely a new inmate maybe in the Lou Kelly vein.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Joan as a prisoner challenging Bea as top dog would be worth a chuckle or two, but I can't see them straining credibility that far by putting her in Wentworth - even in the old show they only put her there for one night, and in isolation too.

With that said, a good storyline could be enough to convince us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish this had been on BBC Two. Five have totally wasted the potential of this show. It should be huge here in the UK. Its all anyone is talking about down under. Which is amazing given you have to subscribe to the channel it airs on just so you can watch it. I'm thrilled it got those Logie awards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Joan is exiting next week at least like Jac she will go out on a high. My main worry for the Freak was that she would turn into a parody if she got away with everything. Another season of them all trying to bring her down would just be a repeat of what we have already had. While there are several leads this is Bea Smith's show. Its her journey through prison life and I truly believe Wentworth will only continue for as long as Danielle Cormack is in it. That's why I see Joan, no matter how amazing Pamela has been, as expendable. The next season will see a new problem with Bea, most likely a new inmate maybe in the Lou Kelly vein.

Got a feeling it will be Rita Connors
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of old characters. I wonder if we will ever see Chrissie Latham, Judy Bryant, Myra Desmond and Margo Gaffney in this? along with Lou Kelly they are probably the five most famous inmates that the show hasn't opted to introduce yet.

Chrissie's absence has really puzzled me given her storyline was a huge part of the Freak's actual introduction to Prisoner. I can only assume they never found a British actress they liked but Sheree Murphy lives in Australia now and she would have been ideal as new Chrissie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Two more days until the season finale. I can't wait with so many loose ends to tie up. I suspect there will be a death in the last episode. In my opinion it will be either Frankie or the Freak. I am leaning strongly towards Frankie, everything is being set up for Nicole da Silva's departure from the show. Also she now lives in L.A. so I think the chances of her being in series 4 are very slim. Somehow I think the Freak will survive. Maybe won't be the Governor next season but a inmate is a more likely scenario., which will lead to a power struggle between her and Bea. These thoughts are just my opinion and it may well pan out differently. It is going to be a interesting final episode on Tuesday no matter what happens.
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Been avoiding spoilers. .but does anyone know when this is back on UK tv?..thanks
  • Options
    Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been a fantastic season - last two episodes have had me on the edge of my seat. :)
  • Options
    FruityLoopyFruityLoopy Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season One was immense, Season Two was outstanding and Season Three has been incredible. Its rare that a TV drama can actually get better with every episode that passes. There hasn't been a single dip in quality throughout its 3 year run. Easily one of the best TV dramas in years. Its right up there with the very best. That's why its so sad its viewership is restricted to cult status. It deserves so much more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peteblue wrote: »
    Two more days until the season finale. I can't wait with so many loose ends to tie up. I suspect there will be a death in the last episode. In my opinion it will be either Frankie or the Freak. I am leaning strongly towards Frankie, everything is being set up for Nicole da Silva's departure from the show. Also she now lives in L.A. so I think the chances of her being in series 4 are very slim. Somehow I think the Freak will survive. Maybe won't be the Governor next season but a inmate is a more likely scenario., which will lead to a power struggle between her and Bea. These thoughts are just my opinion and it may well pan out differently. It is going to be a interesting final episode on Tuesday no matter what happens.

Just cannot see that happening at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TTTV wrote: »
    Just cannot see that happening at all.

Like I said it was just my opinion
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Frankie's ending, very Bad Girls.

Bring on series 4!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keviness wrote: »
    Loved Frankie's ending, very Bad Girls.

Bring on series 4!

I've not watched the finale yet. Won't get chance to till tonight but this has made my bloody day.

Was dreading watching thinking she would be killed off.
  • Options
    JayyKJayyK Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    OMG That was something else! I was shaking for the full last 30 mins.

I loved Frankie's ending too! I wish it had been Erica though, that would have been a nice twist! and I cried because of Boomer! :cry:

Jess's death was really shocking. This show isn't scared to be graphic at all. I love how Joan just went completely insane.

Looks like people were right about that psycho Karen being Bea's next enemy. Great cliffhanger :D Roll on season 4!

Is that it for The Freak then? I can't see where she will go now. Pamela Rabe has been amazing in this role, maybe even better than Maggie was but I'm looking forward to Karen. I think its right to bring in a new villain every other season, keeps it fresh and Tammy Macintosh is a great actress too.

This is a superbly cast show. There isn't one dud actor in it. Even the extras are amazing.

Ohhhhhh I will spoiler this, I just read it on another website
    a teaser trailer aired after the final, its not on youtube yet but it showed Joan in a padded cell!! :eek:
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I loved Frankie's ending, she so deserved it. I liked the fake out too of Bea leaving her there with the Freak while she took the baby out, usually that would've been the point Frankie was killed off.

So glad Jess is dead, I didn't like her or the actress really. Only dud for me.

Poor Bea, just getting rid of one threat and another pops up lol. Can't catch a break.

Did everyone see the ending with the Freak locked up with a straight jacket? Bring it on.
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant series, brilliant ending and not what I was expecting at all. I was sure they were going to take the easy option and kill off Franky but her ending was much better. The Freak teaser at the end was good as I was hoping we hadn't seen the last of her. :)
  • Options
    JayyKJayyK Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Confirmed returning for season 4 so far are Bea, Maxine, Boomer, Karen 'Kaz' and judging from the teaser I think we can say Joan too.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting Frankie to get shot or hit by a car last minute, so glad this didn't happen, the fans would be in uproar if they killed her :D