Options

Marc must be right about Judge Rinder.

Comments

• Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    She would not necessarily have known all the details. Her agent may have dealt with that side of things. All she needed to know was that she could avoid taking Michael to court (and the related costs) and that if she won the case (which was likely) she would get her money back. A little tv exposure would have been welcomed by Ash as well.
    Precisely.
    I don't understand why Marckq made such a big deal out of it.
    His tone is so accusatory and he was so desperate to prove himself right.
    Right from the off he was looking for a fight over an issue that really doesn't matter.
  • Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Do they show Judge Rinder in Ireland?
  • Options
    heresittingheresitting Posts: 2,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's this arrogance that will be Mark's downfall in life - he clearly wants a media career (someone was on BOTS a few nights ago saying how often he was getting call from Mark's agent begging for a magazine column for Mark) and yet he doesn't realise that you have to play ball with producers and TV execs.

What exactly does Mark think he's going to be doing in the 'media' career? Taking over from John Snow or co-presenting with Dr Brian Cox? If there is any sort of career waiting - and I sincerely doubt that there is- it's going to be low-rent reality, afternoon chat shows and the like.... and the producers absolutely call the shots in shows such as those.

He seems to think he's a huge star and people will be beating down the door to get to him... whereas the reality is that he's a z-lister in a sea of other z-listers.
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eramaa wrote: »
    Depending on the contract for that show she might not have been able to go into details about the show and payments and things.

She really tied herself up in knots over it though.
    I think she got a bit confused when he was talking about her "getting paid" by the show.
    He was referring to them paying the settlement on behalf of the defendant, but initially I think she thought he meant getting paid to appear on the show.
    He is quite forceful in his questioning and if you don't agree conversations escalate to fight because he accuses people of lying just hecause they don't agree with him.

Look at the convo with Nick, "You want to win don't you?" "No." "Liar."
  • Options
    LurifaxLurifax Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj592 wrote: »
    I think it was because someone stole his trousers, but I'm not sure.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I thought everyone knew that Rinder & Judge Judy paid the fee/fine/compo up to a certain amount (I think I read it was $5,000 for Judge Judy ) .
    Why is Trashlene trying to wriggle out of admitting it . What a wally she is looking there . She doesn't think things through does she .
  • Options
    Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I doubt she knew the details...I expect she has an agent.

Of course she knew, her agent would receive the contract and would then pass it on to her for signature therefor she had all the details.
    It is preposterous to believe she was in any way shape or form ignorant to the details of the show.
  • Options
    missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on the contract for that show she might not have been able to go into details about the show and payments and things.

All she had to say, was I signed a confidentiality clause, I can't go into detail if that was the reason.
  • Options
    coke_peppercoke_pepper Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was more appalled that she would swear on her mothers grave who has just recently passed away. I have always found that type of statement distasteful. To use a departed family members name in that way to win an argument makes me boak.
  • Options
    Kirsty ScotKirsty Scot Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was more appalled that she would swear on her mothers grave who has just recently passed away. I have always found that type of statement distasteful. To use a departed family members name in that way to win an argument makes me boak.

Lol you must be Scottish, it is years since I have 'heard' the word boak

Swearing on someone's grave has always made me wary and think immediately they are lying.
  • Options
    Jinnyjoe1Jinnyjoe1 Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Do they show Judge Rinder in Ireland?

No we are leprachauns we see nothing,no big brother, no x factor we are starved here with the potato blight would you care to enlighten us with all thats going on in the wonderful metropolis that is the uk. We don't even have wifi here, then again it doesn't matter we don't even have computers. :o
  • Options
    Dave_62Dave_62 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jinnyjoe1 wrote: »
    No we are leprachauns we see nothing,no big brother, no x factor we are starved here with the potato blight would you care to enlighten us with all thats going on in the wonderful metropolis that is the uk. We don't even have wifi here, then again it doesn't matter we don't even have computers. :o

How you on digital spy with no PC's?
  • Options
    VichyTenVichyTen Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    He was looking for any excuse to get under her skin. I would've asked him if he was a QC as well as a scientist and if not then his opinion didn't matter.

Who cares why she went on it? I mean it hardly made for earth shattering news.
  • Options
    chameleon212chameleon212 Posts: 1,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marc talking shit as usual, absolute lowlife!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Aisleyne's point was that when she applied to the show she didn't know the fine would be paid by the show, and she didn't arrange to go on it with her friend beforehand. Marc was just being his usual sanctimonious self.
  • Options
    Jinnyjoe1Jinnyjoe1 Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Dave_62 wrote: »

Seriously I rest my case
  • Options
    Lily DarlingLily Darling Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

10.21pm: Aisleyne: "You're actually a nice guy."
    Marc: "No I'm not!"
    #BBUKLive

Well at last he has got something right.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    I doubt she knew the details...I expect she has an agent.

Yep. I know when I have a 5, 10, whatever page contract in front of me and I'm paying someone very good money to clear it for me first and advise me of the main points I just sign.

That said she rose to him in a pretty bad way...shame. I reckon some tension over coming in to face Helen with such a long build up and then having to keep her cool when in there with her came out there.
    Oh I saw that one. Mark lent his velcro trousers to somebody fatter than him and they ripped. Or something. :D

Were they purple trousers during a cutting-edge-of-science gamma radiation experiment by any chance? :p
  • Options
    Cornish GirlCornish Girl Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she didn't think tv would pay her, I can only presume she thought humiliating her friend on national telly and putting him in dire financial straits was the best way to get her money back.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave_62 wrote: »

We're using the WAP connection on our Nokia 3310
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cj592 wrote: »
    I think it was because someone stole his trousers, but I'm not sure.

:D:D:Dthanks I needed that bit of humour. :D
  • Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Genuinely the most likely explanation for this crap is that she was lying. And so what?
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the way the show works is public knowledge.
    Anya D wrote: »
    Precisely.
    I don't understand why Marckq made such a big deal out of it.
    His tone is so accusatory and he was so desperate to prove himself right.
    Right from the off he was looking for a fight over an issue that really doesn't matter.

Marc made a big deal of it because of the way Aisleyne reacted. He could see that he'd touched a nerve and that if he kept pushing, she'd react more and more. It's what he does.
    missbeenie wrote: »
    All she had to say, was I signed a confidentiality clause, I can't go into detail if that was the reason.

Marc might know that wasn't so, especially if he's been on Judge Rinder himself (as some have said he's been).
  • Options
    BBlilsisBBlilsis Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Jinnyjoe1 wrote: »
    Makson wrote: »
    We're using the WAP connection on our Nokia 3310

:D:D:D:D: Class Answers Lads, don't be outing our ways too much LOL :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    She would not necessarily have known all the details. Her agent may have dealt with that side of things. All she needed to know was that she could avoid taking Michael to court (and the related costs) and that if she won the case (which was likely) she would get her money back. A little tv exposure would have been welcomed by Ash as well.

There may be a tv exposure part to it but it's really all about not having to pay lawyers.

I doubt she asked who pays the judgment if it went in her favour ( I haven't watched it ).
    Curious how Marquis claimed to know "exactly" how it worked. I've been watching these shows since The People's Court had Judge Wapner and I have no idea.

But it's all besides the point isn't it. He was after a reaction, he honed his provoking skills with 2 weeks of lessons from his master. ;-)