Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    People who half heartedly watch tv and then miss important things. Its all over the forum where people havent been paying attention to plot lines and are complaining that shows dont make sense, or believing crazy theories even though they are wrong.

Also along that theme my husband would fit in. We will be watching something funny but hes texting or looking at the internet on his phone. Something funny will happen on tv and i laugh and then he wants to know what was funny! So then i have to retell the joke (never as funny second time round) and miss the next part because im talking to him. Then we will get confused what is going on and he asks me but i dont know because i missed it because i was telling him what he missed! Gets frustrating after a while.

Or when you say "oh I didn't see that coming!" Response is, 'what?' "this unexpected twist" 'Oh I missed it, what happened' Cue five - ten minutes later, what's this got to do with anything, Oh I don't know, I missed a chunk.
    jra wrote: »
    However, they should still answer the question. It's rude not to.

I've never put anyone on my ignore list and however much I dislike some people on here, I'll still be gratuitous enough to generally answer questions aimed directly at me. It's the right thing to do.

I have found that if I'm on my phone, due to the layout of the mobile site I can't see what threads I've posted in, and often forget until I come onto a desktop, maybe it's similar?
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I've seen that a lot as well, particularly with people starting threads and they get their answer, but never come back to say thanks.

If I had a pound for every time that happens I'd be a rich man. There's a couple of FMs in particular who ask a lot of questions and get answers but never bother to say thanks and it frequently applies to new FMs too. Lazy bastards. There's no excuse for it.
  • Options
    Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to add an annoyance :blush:

Postcodes with no spaces in, or worse all lowercase and no space. Just sent out some pre-invite stuff for the wedding, and needed quite a few postcodes, the amount that would put ab12cd or Ab12cd, it's supposed to be AB1 2CD.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Starpuss wrote: »
    This drives me crazy! Endless posts about something that is obvious if you had actually been watching!!! >:(

The bit about your husband reminded me of mine. If I start watching a programme/film he never wants to watch it with me. Then when it's almost over he'll get interested in it and keep asking what is happening or who the characters are. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

My mum has a habit of asking about half way through a programme "Is that on now?" She also has it in her head if a programme starts at seven o'clock and it's six thirty repeatedly selecting the channel will make it come on earlier.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    evil c wrote: »
    If I had a pound for every time that happens I'd be a rich man. There's a couple of FMs in particular who ask a lot of questions and get answers but never bother to say thanks and it frequently applies to new FMs too. Lazy bastards. There's no excuse for it.

That's why I rarely post in the Computing & Networks forum (Gadgets) these days, because I've answered loads of PC related questions in the past and got zero thanks for my trouble in trying to help various people out. So **** them.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=40

I've given out free good advice there. IRL, you'd most likely get charged for it.

And all it takes is one word. Thanks. That'll do. I'm not asking people to lick my boots in appreciation.
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I see a Royal doing a paid job in the paper/news. It's never a normal usual job, it always has to be something like an army sergeant or flying an ambulance helicopter. And it must cost a bomb to have their secret service follow them round whilst they do this 'job'... utterly pointless.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Bosses who know I've been sent proofs and we are nearly going to print (after all this time) only NOW tell that there are some grammatical errors (in another language I don't speak) in our product. So I had to tell the printers to slow down and not print yet, always left up to me.
    To the boss:Where have you been for the last few weeks? Why tell me just now? I have sent about 3 copies of the proof to you.
    And don't dare try and turn this around on me saying I haven't fixed 'the typos' 'I haven't written it correctly etc'- you write the source material thus they're YOUR typo's not mine.

Apparently the boss 'proof read' it, yes sure they did.

*brain explodes>:(
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have found that if I'm on my phone, due to the layout of the mobile site I can't see what threads I've posted in, and often forget until I come onto a desktop, maybe it's similar?
    I see this question has gone unanswered. >:(
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The annoying Homegroups icon that pops up every now and again on my desktop. It wouldn't be too bad if my laptop wasn't the only PC in the house that gets regular use.
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Food companies/restaurants/chefs that give names to dishes that are obviously wrong.

Like this Tesco quick lasagna recipie.
    http://m.tesco.com/mt/legacy.realfood.tesco.com/recipes/quick-lasagne.html
    Erm... where's the lasagna exactly?

That's simply a pasta bake.

Not only is it a pasta bake, it's also a vegetarian one (unless you don't eat cheese). That's not my idea of a lasagne.
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    When you reject the request, you should see two options where you can either ignore all future requests relating to that particular app/game or any future requests from that particular friend. Very satisfying!

I'll have to bear that in mind when I get one.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    I see this question has gone unanswered. >:(

Haha!

I only browse on my phone so I always miss threads I've previously posted in.
  • Options
    My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's annoying when people who spend too much time playing online games are unable to tell real life from virtual life and think they can act in the same way without consequences
    They are usually the type who are too retarded to use a screen name instead of their real names.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    Haha!

I only browse on my phone so I always miss threads I've previously posted in.

Dunno if the subscription options would be useful, but they are there if needed

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

Also see Thread Tools above

User Subscribed Threads
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet you are well pissed off with that. I would be.

Maybe another member of staff knows what the password is.
    Haha I got the password earlier. My boss must be checking emails on holiday.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    OHs mum thinking we should just agree with what the council says (even though it's a pack of lies) just to avoid trouble

:-/ wtf!!

I'm pleased for once he stood up to her though
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Patti wrote: »
    Have you tried Anbesol? It does wonders for me. I think you can get it in either liquid or gel but liquid is my favourite.

I'll try it , thanks.

My trivial annoyance today is family members who make stupid comments (to me and in front of other family) about (bad) situations beyond my control. And I daren't say anything back to them or I will be 'disrespecting elders'. How about they don't make idiotic comments about things I can't help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Not only is it a pasta bake, it's also a vegetarian one (unless you don't eat cheese). That's not my idea of a lasagne.

It's still a vegetarian pizza whether or not you eat cheese as vegetarians are allowed to eat cheese. It may even be artificial cheese/cheese substitute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Multi lingual food labelling in every language known to man except Welsh. Just why. Which is kind of ironic, because I would have thought Welsh would be more important than Polish, French, German, Italian, Romanian, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch et all, as at least Wales is part of the UK.

I'd rather the space saved would be used to give a better breakdown of the ingredients list. Our food labelling laws are crap. You have to list the ingredients in order of percentage in descending order, but you don't have to give the percentages of all the ingredients. That should change.

Also, flavourings. You can get away with saying that. Exactly what flavourings? Nice suitably vague term there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This chap I was going fishing with last night, but was cancelled due to bad/incorrect weather.

He had said to me, on Monday night we'll go fishing at Tring. So, not long before the last bus, I phone him up to find out what is going on. He should be the one phoning me, as he's organising the trip, not me. That is common courtesy. When I phoned him up last night he said he would phone me back. I still haven't heard from him and it's starting to annoy me, especially as we are supposed to be mates.

The moral is don't make promises you can't keep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was given a Polish phrase translation CD the other day from another mate, so obviously I said thank you and in the meantime have ordered the additional book, which arrived in good condition. However, the packaging he gave me is ripped in two places. I mean, how difficult can it be to slide a book out of a cardboard compartment and a CD out of a paper sleeve.

I just don't get people sometimes in the way they treat their possessions.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feeling like your efforts to change are either ignored or not given respect.

I've recently changed my eating habits to low carb and I'm currently staying with my parents. My mom constantly asks at meal times if I want any bread. How about a roll? Some potatoes? How come you're not eating potatoes, they're good for you. Want some popcorn for the movie? Chips (crisps)?

>:(

Part of me would like to say she's just being polite, but if I were giving up alcohol, would it be polite to ask me at every meal if I want some wine or vodka?

A couple of weeks back we were out for the day and stopped somewhere for brunch. It was mostly sandwiches on the menu so I ordered an English muffin with egg and bacon and just didn't eat the muffin part. My mom commented that it was kind of a waste. I said she could have it if she wanted. :D I mean it's not as if they're going to charge less if I don't have the muffin with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

So, why not leave him, divorce him, separate, kick him out etc., and being presumably a woman, UK law is generally on your side when it comes to such matters.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still a vegetarian pizza whether or not you eat cheese as vegetarians are allowed to eat cheese. It may even be artificial cheese/cheese substitute.

One trivial thing that annoys me immensely is when people say things like "vegetarians are allowed to eat cheese"! We're allowed to eat anything we like, we choose not to eat certain things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Feeling like your efforts to change are either ignored or not given respect.

I've recently changed my eating habits to low carb and I'm currently staying with my parents. My mom constantly asks at meal times if I want any bread. How about a roll? Some potatoes? How come you're not eating potatoes, they're good for you. Want some popcorn for the movie? Chips (crisps)?

>:(

Part of me would like to say she's just being polite, but if I were giving up alcohol, would it be polite to ask me at every meal if I want some wine or vodka?

A couple of weeks back we were out for the day and stopped somewhere for brunch. It was mostly sandwiches on the menu so I ordered an English muffin with egg and bacon and just didn't eat the muffin part. My mom commented that it was kind of a waste. I said she could have it if she wanted. :D I mean it's not as if they're going to charge less if I don't have the muffin with it.

What you call chips are crisps in the UK.

And what we call chips are fries over your way I believe, but don't quote me on that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_chip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips

The most common takeaway in the UK is a curry in recent years, but before that it was fish and chips (my favourite takeway or pub meal).

As for muffins. I don't think the term was used much in the UK before the American fast food chains came along, being referred to as a cupcake instead.

As they say, two (or three if you include Canada), England and America are two countries divided by a common language, but that is an urban myth.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/quotes/misquotes
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you call chips are crisps in the UK.

And what we call chips are fries over your way I believe, but don't quote me on that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_chip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_fries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips

The most common takeaway in the UK is a curry in recent years, but before that it was fish and chips (my favourite takeway or pub meal).

As for muffins. I don't think the term was used much in the UK before the American fast food chains came along, being referred to as a cupcake instead.

As they say, two (or three if you include Canada), England and America are two countries divided by a common language, but that is an urban myth.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/quotes/misquotes

I lived in England for 5 years, so yeah, I know what chips and crisps are.

I'm pretty sure you guys have English muffins there, kind of like a crumpet, it's a breakfast thing. Not a cupcake.

http://media.philly.com/images/20110825_engmuf_600.JPG
This discussion has been closed.