Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    dfisher1dfisher1 Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P.Ramlee wrote: »
    As it is 'A' Level results day today, I wonder if we will be hearing from Petrie Hoskens about how well her son has performed in his AS exams?

Lisa Aziz (or Leezer Ra-zeez as voice-over man calls her) mentioned in passing this morning that her son was expecting results today as well.
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mystery hour got it wrong for me ,some guy asked how they accurately predict the time that meteor showers or comets come round , expert said they use photographs and other fancy gear.

Trouble is the ancient Greeks,Chinese, Egyptians,Anglo Saxons ect also accurately predicted the return of said comets ,meteor showers ect hundreds of years before any camera or any other fancy gear was used.:)
  • Options
    P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Afternoon 1-4pm slot is fast becoming a real snooze-fest.
    Currently discussing the demise of the library service.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P.Ramlee wrote: »
    The Afternoon 1-4pm slot is fast becoming a real snooze-fest.
    Currently discussing the demise of the library service.

Couldn't agree more. Today's show was as dull as ditch water.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Today's show was as dull as ditch water.

It'll be even worse when George Galloway is in, the 10am til 4pm slot will be completely dead.
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Labour Mayoral candidate Christian Wolmar is about to hold a "Silent Picket" outside LBC in protest on his exclusion from tonights debate.
  • Options
    coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    Bill Buckley is a sweetie. I used to love it when he brought in his "high maintenance" very camp friend to co-host his programme, the guy was hilarious.

That was a cracking line up overnights: Bill Buckley during the week and Peter Deeley on the weekend. Perfect radio for the small hours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    J O'B's 9-year-old daughter rang up to Mystery Hour with a question ! - aaah :)

Or is no one calling his program and he's stretching for people to call in and got his Missus to get their daughter to call in?
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iso_Cross wrote: »
    Or is no one calling his program and he's stretching for people to call in and got his Missus to get their daughter to call in?

Mystery Hour is probably the most popular programme on the station. I have never known them short of callers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coulsdon59 wrote: »
    Apparently Labour Mayoral candidate Christian Wolmar is about to hold a "Silent Picket" outside LBC in protest on his exclusion from tonights debate.

Many years ago Christian Wolmar was LBC's transport correspondent !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if J O'B will have any comment to make tomorrow, about this article ?;-)
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if J O'B will have any comment to make tomorrow, about this article ?;-)

You beat me to it Martin! I was going to ask if the headline below made readers think of any LBC presenter in particular?

"DJ suspended over breastfeeding remarks"
  • Options
    tommy2teetommy2tee Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Mystery Hour is probably the most popular programme on the station. I have never known them short of callers.

Probably not but the same old voices still manage to get through. Wayne of Basildon managed it again today, Poppy from Reading is another one of his favourites.

Positive discrimination in favour of certain people?

The clique of JOB is worse than the one on here ;)
  • Options
    Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommy2tee wrote: »
    Probably not but the same old voices still manage to get through. Wayne of Basildon managed it again today, Poppy from Reading is another one of his favourites.

Positive discrimination in favour of certain people?

The clique of JOB is worse than the one on here ;)
    You were OK until you got to the last bit.
    For the umpteenth time:
    There is no clique on here, just people interacting on a thread.
    Do feel free to join in, old boy! :D
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Wow! This is my 16,000th post !

Forum Daddy.
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J O'B's 9-year-old daughter rang up to Mystery Hour with a question ! - aaah :)

it seems a bit desperate. Was James O'Brien that short of callers?
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone on the face of the earth interested in cyclists in London (other than London cyclists). So freaking boring, LBC presenters talk about this subject far too often. *off*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanny says we don't talk enough about death in this country and then spends 20 minutes talking about it.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coulsdon59 wrote: »

Really disappointed with LBC for excluding 2 candidates from the debate. If they want to hold these events, they should be fair to all and not show favour to particular candidates. Also appalled that LBC would commission a poll to ask if people would or wouldn't accept a Muslim mayor. This has not been an issue in the selection of the candidates and LBC trying to turn it into one is just an example of them pandering to those that hold Islamophobic views.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Steve couldn't be more maudlin if he tried. He's on his fav. topic 'Dr Death again, a man going to Dignitas started him up. Who needs this to wake up to?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone text SA in saying " Steve Allen, the thinking woman's George Clooney "

:o:o
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone text SA in saying " Steve Allen, the thinking woman's George Clooney "

:o:o

More like the thinking man's Rosemary Clooney.

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    grimupnorthgrimupnorth Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My most hated saying from people calling in is 'As I was saying to your researcher!

I'm guilty of this one, sort of. I mentioned to NA re his producer ( he was quite rude about her and asked if it was her first day..she had been there 3 months ) and said she was quite good . I don't producer/researcher as a sounding board.

I suppose it's a way to weave in to the conversation.
  • Options
    grimupnorthgrimupnorth Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    Simon Caulder's travel phone in was always a good listen, I was sorry when it was dropped by LBC.

This was a great show . I've heard Simon many times in the media recently, giving sound ,calm travel advice and opinion. LBC should immediately reinstate the show starting this Sunday circa 5pm. Thanks
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    This was a great show . I've heard Simon many times in the media recently, giving sound ,calm travel advice and opinion. LBC should immediately reinstate the show starting this Sunday circa 5pm. Thanks

Calm travel advice? Like when he turned up on every news channel whispering gravely with sad-face "this will decimate the Tunisian tourist industry for the next 20 years"? And then the following day started backtracking like billy-oh?
This discussion has been closed.