Options

I'm on benefits and I bought a fridge for £2k, now in serious debt, please help!

Comments

• Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww. Bless...... Wind up or not; you think Richmond are 'top brand' sausages!

I missed that. That's got to be part of the wind up surely :D
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll donate a fiver if you promise to spend it on a less obvious wind up ......
  • Options
    DigitalSpyUserDigitalSpyUser Posts: 1,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be a piss take...

When do the kids go back to school?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm Single, on benefits, and I've been a fool.

It all started when I was in a kitchen appliances store and I saw this fridge. It had a blue light inside and I just fell in love with it. I've always dreamed of a fridge with a blue light. It was £900, I knew I couldn't afford it but they have a buy now pay later scheme, so I did that but it ended up costing me £2000! On top of that I bought loads of other stuff I couldn't afford as I knew someone would bail me out. I bought a 52 inch TV, Sky Subscription, lovely curtains, a leather sofa and a host of other luxuries. Unfortunately I got into serious debt and had to give all the stuff back:(

But at least I still have my fridge!

Just because I'm on benefits why can't I have the finer things in life?

Worse for me I am a benefits snob - I can't buy budget products - I buy all the top brands. I HAVE to have Heinz Beans, the others taste disgusting. I HAVE to have Andrex loo roll, I can't STAND cheaper brands as it's too thin and manky. And I MUST have Richmond sausages, anything cheaper tastes like plastic. I know I have a problem but I just can't resist their branding and advertiseing. I am an advertisers dream.

But I'm now in serious debt. I've been threatened to be evicted because I can't keep up with the rent, and the debt collectors are due to be paying a visit.

Please help me Please! My internet connection is going to be cut off in the next 10 days, so I made a desperate post here. I know I'm an idiot but I don't know what to do!

Richmond sausages ???
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You like the finer things and get Richmond sausages? Oh no, no no no
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Richmond Sausages are nice, I don't like sausages with herbs and spices in them.
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    So I'm Single, on benefits, and I've been a fool.

It all started when I was in a kitchen appliances store and I saw this fridge. It had a blue light inside and I just fell in love with it. I've always dreamed of a fridge with a blue light. It was £900, I knew I couldn't afford it but they have a buy now pay later scheme, so I did that but it ended up costing me £2000! On top of that I bought loads of other stuff I couldn't afford as I knew someone would bail me out. I bought a 52 inch TV, Sky Subscription, lovely curtains, a leather sofa and a host of other luxuries. Unfortunately I got into serious debt and had to give all the stuff back:(

But at least I still have my fridge!

Just because I'm on benefits why can't I have the finer things in life?

Worse for me I am a benefits snob - I can't buy budget products - I buy all the top brands. I HAVE to have Heinz Beans, the others taste disgusting. I HAVE to have Andrex loo roll, I can't STAND cheaper brands as it's too thin and manky. And I MUST have Richmond sausages, anything cheaper tastes like plastic. I know I have a problem but I just can't resist their branding and advertiseing. I am an advertisers dream.

But I'm now in serious debt. I've been threatened to be evicted because I can't keep up with the rent, and the debt collectors are due to be paying a visit.

Please help me Please! My internet connection is going to be cut off in the next 10 days, so I made a desperate post here. I know I'm an idiot but I don't know what to do!

That was the closest I've EVER come to throwing something at my telly .
    "Having all these things makes me feel like a WAG " says the very plain looking non working mother of two children with no visible partner , much less a footballer husband .
    It was the illogical 15 yr old waffling she did .Like a stupid teen unaware of reality .
  • Options
    HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Richmond sausages ???

I know ! Seriously , trying to be all upmarket WAG-like and thinking those the epitome of good taste .
    They are OK. But just OK , there are nicer ones out there .
  • Options
    BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    You silly billy. It's okay though, taxpayers will bail you out. Be more careful next time.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have added the bit about how the housing association bought you new budget appliances after you had to return* the ones bought on credit cause you couldn't keep up the payments.

* Except for the fridge with the blue light of course because it was your lifelong dweam.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benefits outrage level reaching overload self combustion imminent.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the fridge was in the ratio 4:3
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    This has got to be a wind up.

WUM alert

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=79318382&postcount=133
    Me: I am a miser. I hardly spend a penny and save save save.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I didnt watch the programme but have read the link supplied in this thread.

Im not sure why people get angry about people like this, I actually find it very sad if someone is genuinely upset because of the type of fridge they think they need, or that Heinz and Andrex are the epitome of taste and sophistication, let alone Richmond sausages.

I just thank whatever that I dont have a life like this.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jasper92 wrote: »
    This thread is a load of Smeg.
    Yes, you have a (Hot)point. :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP's Brain : "Aww man, this will be soooooo funny .. I'm so kewl"
    Everyone else: "No. Seriously. Just .. No".
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I think it's a sign of seriously low self-esteem when people spend money on branded products, thinking other people will be impressed.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how you can predict OP post counts before even entering a thread.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww. Bless...... Wind up or not; you think Richmond are 'top brand' sausages!

It tickles me the way they consider Heinz beans to be somehow expensive or premium too.

I think they're about 50p for a tin in Morrisons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a episode of supernatural where a child got stuck in a fridge
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    It tickles me the way they consider Heinz beans to be somehow expensive or premium too.

I think they're about 50p for a tin in Morrisons.

Heinz are the best

Beans and sausages

Bring back London grill I say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heinz are the best

Beans and sausages

Bring back London grill I say

Ultimately anything in a tin (particularly a mix like sausages and beans) is pauper food
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's with all the food snobbery in this thread?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's with all the food snobbery in this thread?

The OP kicked it off by insinuating that 50p beans and £1.50 sausages are somehow high quality, desirable food items that most people on benefits can't or shouldn't be able to afford.

They are mistaken.
This discussion has been closed.