Options

Possibly something put in my drink on saturday night?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Melanie, if you are feeling better now then I would try and forget this unpleasant experience and put it down to bad luck :)

You will never know if someone tampered with your drink or not so you cannot openly accuse anyone, and it could just as easily of been due to a stomach bug.

The lesson learnt here is to guard your drink at all in times at future to ensure you are always safe :)

Yeah im not feeling 100% but better than i have been and yes im never leaving my drink alone again i dont leave my drinks if im out in a pub but will start not leaving them when im in the house either :-)
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah im not feeling 100% but better than i have been and yes im never leaving my drink alone again i dont leave my drinks if im out in a pub but will start not leaving them when im in the house either :-)

If you genuinely believe that one of your friends has done that in your own house, I think you may seriously need to re-evaluate who you have in your circle of friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aftershow wrote: »
    If you genuinely believe that one of your friends has done that in your own house, I think you may seriously need to re-evaluate who you have in your circle of friends.

I already have don't worry. I find it difficult to trust people as it is but now my circle of friends is even smaller than it already was.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be best to see your GP anyway. Check blood pressure, hormone and salt levels.
  • Options
    Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for all the advice and suggestions, i'm going to see how i feel tomorrow and if i still dont feel right im going to ring docs and just get checked out.

It probably was just something i ate or a bug or it could have been the wine itself.

Also im not saying they drugged my drink or anything they could have put some other alcohol in it without me knowing as a joke and thats what made me sick and pass out.

I just wanted some advice as ive been so confused about what happened.

Are you on any sort of medication for anything? I've had this happen to me once before when I hadn't bothered reading instructions on some tablets I had to take and proceeded to have a glass or two of wine. Not even half the bottle gone and I was in a similar state to the one you describe, and I'm usually rather tolerant to the effects of alcohol.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a sickness bug, though if you continue to feel poorly then see your GP.

Only you know whether your friends are the type of people who would spike your drink.

EDIT: Presumably you aren't taking any medication such as antibiotics at the moment? Certain ones such as Metronidazole can cause severe sickness and stomach pain when mixed with alcohol.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Strange question, You don't leave your wine glasses out in the open where you have sprayed fly spray or something? Could have been some on the glass

Long shot i know
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've known a few people claim that "there must have been something in my drink" after getting legless.
    Sorry if that's a bit blunt, but adults spiking each others drinks for a laugh sounds far fetched.

I've been affected after very little alcohol because I was totally knackered beforehand and I really can hold my drink.

I went out with some mates before, had a couple of pints and the next thing i know it was between 2 and 3am, I was a few miles away from where I had been and I had no idea what was going on. The only thing I was able to do was call my grandparents, tell them what was round me and wait for them to pick me up.

I am 100% sure I was spiked by my "mate" that night as I have never gotten so drunk that that has happened to me before. What makes me so sure though is that he has been accused of it before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Might be best to see your GP anyway. Check blood pressure, hormone and salt levels.

I'm going to. Just to check there's nothing wrong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tamryn29 wrote: »
    Are you on any sort of medication for anything? I've had this happen to me once before when I hadn't bothered reading instructions on some tablets I had to take and proceeded to have a glass or two of wine. Not even half the bottle gone and I was in a similar state to the one you describe, and I'm usually rather tolerant to the effects of alcohol.

I'm not on any medication
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Strange question, You don't leave your wine glasses out in the open where you have sprayed fly spray or something? Could have been some on the glass

Long shot i know

No my wine glasses are kept in a cupboard
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then you conclude that someone deliberately put a substance in your drink?
    No that was just a possibility. I have looked at the possibility of illness and other things ]but i know for sure that i only had to glasses of wine
    It is possible that in the 10-15 mins i was out of the room that someone did something to my drink.

So you do think that someone put a substance in your drink.
    What does your partner think about his friends' behaviour?
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've known a few people claim that "there must have been something in my drink" after getting legless.
    Sorry if that's a bit blunt, but adults spiking each others drinks for a laugh sounds far fetched.

When I was in my twenties my housemates (and close friends, to be precise) would often spike each others cups of tea with amphetamines before they went to work. The amount of times I went to work feeling super energetic only to crash completely a few hours later was too much to count on one hand.

Totally irresponsible, I know.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    She passed out, doesn't sound like a sickness bug to me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    It bothers me that virtually nobody is willing to even consider the OP's concerns.

Even so-called friends do bizarre and awful things to each other, sometimes because they think it's funny or sometimes because they've got hidden nasty streak...it's not always easy to completely trust even those closest to you 100%.

I hope you're feeling better OP and if you are really concered a visit to the GP would be worth while. While this might sound paranoid to others in this thread, in the future I'd guard your drinks/food even at home if you've got people around. It's just a necessary evil to be slightly distrusting of even your friends these days.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Empty stomach maybe? My wife and I went away with my dad and his partner earlier in the year and my wife was the same one day after just two large glasses of prosecco. It was as if she had been spiked, she was absolutely slaughtered, and she can usually hold her drink. She couldn't even stand up. We got back to our accommodation and she threw up everywhere then passed out for 12 hours. Was scary.
  • Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Empty stomach maybe? My wife and I went away with my dad and his partner earlier in the year and my wife was the same one day after just two large glasses of prosecco. It was as if she had been spiked, she was absolutely slaughtered, and she can usually hold her drink. She couldn't even stand up. We got back to our accommodation and she threw up everywhere then passed out for 12 hours. Was scary.

At least read the thread, OP states she had been eating all day.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    dellzincht wrote: »
    At least read the thread, OP states she had been eating all day.

Sorry Forum Police.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would make a good script for a Rosemary's Baby sequel .

:-)
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There isn't really any way of knowing if it was spiked now though is there?

I used to be very skeptical of these type of stories until the same thing happened to me. I am convinced I had a drink spiked a couple of years ago. No way to prove it so I just chalked it up to experience but it was horrible at the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you do think that someone put a substance in your drink.
    What does your partner think about his friends' behaviour?

I do think it's possible yes.

He's not happy but can't really say anything to any of them as we don't know for sure what happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She passed out, doesn't sound like a sickness bug to me

I don't think it's a sickness bug either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It bothers me that virtually nobody is willing to even consider the OP's concerns.

Even so-called friends do bizarre and awful things to each other, sometimes because they think it's funny or sometimes because they've got hidden nasty streak...it's not always easy to completely trust even those closest to you 100%.

I hope you're feeling better OP and if you are really concered a visit to the GP would be worth while. While this might sound paranoid to others in this thread, in the future I'd guard your drinks/food even at home if you've got people around. It's just a necessary evil to be slightly distrusting of even your friends these days.

Thanks. I'm still not feeling great so going to ring the doctors and get checked out. This has really made me feel like I can't trust anyone now and will definitely not be having those people round my house again.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'm still not feeling great so going to ring the doctors and get checked out. This has really made me feel like I can't trust anyone now and will definitely not be having those people round my house again.

Just remember the doctor was in on it in the end..
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. From the description of the symptoms it doesn't sound like it could be just a normal reaction to the alcohol; sickness/being drunk/trouble walking is one thing but not remembering what happened and passing out is something entirely different.

Maybe one of your 'friends' thought it would be funny to put an 'E' in your drink and see what happened. Maybe you did had a random extreme physiological reaction to the alcohol. You'll never know so how you want to react is up to you. Personally I would choose to put faith in my friends but remain vigilant in the future.