Options

RIP Wonkey Donkey

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    I haven't posted for a while but somethings deserve your attention.

WD was witty and articulate, also just a little bit crazy, a great mix which always adds value to a forum - she also clearly bore her illness with dignity as only those personally connected were aware.

Perhaps someone who knows the family might draw their attention to this thread at some point in the future, so many people that 'knew' her saying so many lovely things - it's a wonderful tribute that they should be very proud of.

The two threads, this one and the BB one, have been brought to her daughter's attention. and I have no doubt will be read in the fullness of time. x
  • Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had many run ins with her, but we often saw eye to eye, usually over Big Brother. RIP Wonkey x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Does DS delete deceased member's?
    I hope not, I cannot think of any reason for them to do this.
  • Options
    AstuteAstute Posts: 4,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this news.
    Condolences to her family and friends .
  • Options
    anais32anais32 Posts: 12,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really sad to hear this. I recall several occasions where wonkeydonkey supported my position (on Bulger and other criminal justice issues if I recall) when the gaggle of the mob shouted her down. She was brave and principled.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Does DS delete deceased member's?

Their username and posts just fade away, like fallen Jedi.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I saw this in the BB thread but wanted to pop in here too to share my thoughts on WD.

I always found her to be a genuinely lovely, reasonable and intelligent poster. I enjoyed reading her take on things. I will miss her input dreadfully on here. I'm genuinely saddened to hear this news as I had no idea that she'd been unwell.

This place will never be quite the same. The name Wonkey Donkey was synonymous with DS.

My condolences to all her friends and family. She was a lovely, witty, highly amusing lady.
  • Options
    Random42Random42 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such very sad news. I didn't know her personally, but her posts always stood out for me over the years. She had a witty and intelligent way of expressing herself that I admired.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Very sad news.

R.I.P. Wonkey Donkey, you will certainly be missed on DS.

Gone to meet-up once again with Tabby The Cat and many others, I'm quite sure, who used to post on here and are now, sadly, no longer with us.
  • Options
    dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not know Wonkey Donkey , But very sad news . :(
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to add my condolences as well. Probably my favourite poster on all these forums.

Yes, she was articulate and witty, but what I admired the most, (and wish I had more of) was her sense of balance and how she conveyed it.

The fact that not a lot of people knew she was ill was a testament to her humility and dignity, we have no entitlement to know she was ill anyway. Sorry, but I find it tedious when you get people on here moaning about their many ailments

RIP Wonkey, you will be sorely missed.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Sad news. My condolences to Wonkey Donkey's family and friends.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I didn't even know she was ill. RIP Wonky.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeebra wrote: »
    I got to know Wonkey Donkey on Digital Spy some years ago, and we became friends in real life. She supported me through tough personal times, with compassion and kindness.

She was ferociously intelligent and well read, and had the most amazing sense of humour. By some considerable margin, she was the funniest woman I ever met. She has faced her illness with fortitude and courage, to the end.

It has been a privilege and pleasure having her in my life and I will miss her so much.

So pleased that you became a friend to Wonkeydonkey, it must have been a honour for you to have known her so well. She was a great poster on the BB forum and was a very knowledgeable and compassionate lady. I loved reading her posts, as she was always very fair and consistent and she will be sorely missed. R.I.P. Wonkey, lovely lady :cry:
  • Options
    moonlandingsmoonlandings Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any way DS could collect a few of her posts all in one thread or something. She seems to have inspired so much affection and admiration I'd love to read some.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popped in to add my condolences on the passing of Wonky.
    GD will be a poorer place without her brilliant and insightful posts. I. Enjoyed reading all of them, seldom if ever a waste of time. My condolences to her family at what must be a very sad time.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Is there any way DS could collect a few of her posts all in one thread or something. She seems to have inspired so much affection and admiration I'd love to read some.

DS Mods could just multi-quote every post in this one into one giant post as a kind of mega-tribute.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rest in peace, Wonkey.
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rarely, if ever agreed with a thing she wrote but appreciate her unique writing style and know she will be missed on DS. RIP Wonky, wherever you are.
  • Options
    Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member
    Goodnight Wonkey, DS won't be quite the same without you x
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very saddened to read this news. I always liked Wonkey Donkey. She was, as others have said, articulate, intelligent and compassionate. I feel for her family. RIP Wonkey and thank you for being you.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice touch pinning the thread.
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    Sad to read this, RIP Wonkey, you'll be missed.
  • Options
    fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad, I enjoyed her posts. Condolences to her family and friends, RIP Wonky Donkey. The name always made me smile.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What terrible news. RIP wonkey. Your wisdom will still be out in the ether somewhere.