Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 30)

Comments

• Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julia Heartless B***h is on Question Time, AGAIN! Last week I saw her on Sky News, Sunday she was on The Andrew Marr Show and now this! She gets everywhere! >:(

They obviously think she's worth hiring.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    That just isn't true. The regularity of bin collections has nothing to do with the EU, it's a choice of individual councils, influenced by cuts to central funding imposed by Cameron.
    I bet he is loving all these people blaming the EU. No wander he wants to stay in!
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiodad wrote: »
    Surprised no ones mentioned that over on Radio X Chris Moyles wants Steve Allen to come in on his show. Think it would be fairly interesting given they used to trade insults when Moyles was on Radio 1

I think Moyles would tear dear old, leather breeches to shreds :-D

*disclaimer

*I Can't stand Moyles*
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imposed by Cameron.

Mr Cameron to you ;-)

BTW To clarify a question asked earlier this week - do you have dangly bits or wobbly bits :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That just isn't true. The regularity of bin collections has nothing to do with the EU, it's a choice of individual councils, influenced by cuts to central funding imposed by Cameron.

It's in Fife. The Scottish Parliament provides most of local councils' revenue.
  • Options
    tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Bleating? Give over. I've never heard a satisfactory reason as to why we should be in it. It's a total bloody mess.

The continuation of the UK, as the Union would not survive Brexit.

The opportunities offered by the EU to young people, especially educational opportunities, given the legalised peonage known as 'apprenticeship' otherwise on offer. (It has never been clear to me why people past retirement age should be allowed to vote in a referendum that will determine the future of young people incidentally)

The preservation of liberty given the possibility of eternal Conservative government.

Membership of the biggest free trade block in the world.

The most extended period of peace in Europe since Pax Romana.
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what the breastfeeding story is but LBC have been using it as an excuse to tweet pictures of a large breast with a baby clamped to it! :blush:

Who let James O'Brien loose on the LBC twitter feed!
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    radiodad wrote: »
    Surprised no ones mentioned that over on Radio X Chris Moyles wants Steve Allen to come in on his show. Think it would be fairly interesting given they used to trade insults when Moyles was on Radio 1

I did allude to it in #9492 but there was a lot of tittle tattle going on about breast feeding so I fear it may have got a little lost.
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

sorry but it is true.Possibly because it was a few years back you do not realise that the EU put limits to the amount of landfill to be used by member states. This was more pertinent to some countries where there was limited space,but a universal directive went out to all,to be followed or fines would be imposed.
    Recycling targets were introduced etc.as a result of all this we have the situation where some people have 5or more bins.

In time gone by all councils provided a proper weekly bin collection,but that was then when we made our own rules.
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tahiti wrote: »

The opportunities offered by the EU to young people, especially educational opportunities, given the legalised peonage known as 'apprenticeship' otherwise on offer. (It has never been clear to me why people past retirement age should be allowed to vote in a referendum that will determine the future of young people incidentally)

The preservation of liberty given the possibility of eternal Conservative government.

Preservation of liberty? LOL
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preservation of liberty? LOL

The reaction of the EU to the results of referendums in France and Holland in 2005 show that democracy doesn't mean a thing to the EU bureaucrats. In the case of Ireland refusing to ratify Lisbon, they were patted on the head after the original no vote and told to think again.
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely hat stand.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (It has never been clear to me why people past retirement age should be allowed to vote in a referendum that will determine the future of young people incidentally)

*sigh* that explains so much. And so much for Liberty, democracy, freedom of expression, knowledge and experience and the hard-earned right to vote.
    Never mind, the kids are okay, oldies should be seen and not heard. Way to go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting a bit off topic here, guys! :o ;-)

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve, this morning: 'I see they're replacing Anne Robinson on Watchdog with Sophie Raworth and some presenter I've never heard of.' Hmmm!
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Cameron to you ;-)

BTW To clarify a question asked earlier this week - do you have dangly bits or wobbly bits :D

I'm an athlete and regular marathon runner, I don't wobble, thanks very much. :)

My gender is irrelevant as far as this forum is concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's in Fife. The Scottish Parliament provides most of local councils' revenue.

And a significant part of the budget of the Scottish Parliament was cut by Cameron. Either way, bin collections in Scotland have nothing to do with the EU.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve, this morning: 'I see they're replacing Anne Robinson on Watchdog with Sophie Raworth and some presenter I've never heard of.' Hmmm!

Is he lining up Ms Raworth as his new target to bitch about? She meets the criteria: successful, professional, good at the job and above all female.

Steve was suggesting that the new Watchdog appointments were a sign of BBC waste but I wouldn't be surprised if the fees for Sophie and an obscure Blue Peter presenter combined would be less than Anne Robinson was paid.
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    It's interesting how all of those political posts have managed to stay on here! The last time a political post was made it was removed within an hour!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he lining up Ms Raworth as his new target to bitch about? She meets the criteria: successful, professional, good at the job and above all female.

Steve was suggesting that the new Watchdog appointments were a sign of BBC waste but I wouldn't be surprised if the fees for Sophie and an obscure Blue Peter presenter combined would be less than Anne Robinson was paid.

Ah, I didn't know it was a Blue Peter presenter. There's been talk that J O'B was getting the gig and I wondered if Steve was being ironic - or possibly bitchy. As she's a pretty young woman, Steve will hate her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry but it is true.Possibly because it was a few years back you do not realise that the EU put limits to the amount of landfill to be used by member states. This was more pertinent to some countries where there was limited space,but a universal directive went out to all,to be followed or fines would be imposed.
    Recycling targets were introduced etc.as a result of all this we have the situation where some people have 5or more bins.

In time gone by all councils provided a proper weekly bin collection,but that was then when we made our own rules.

The 2 things are not directly connected and the EU is being used as a scapegoat for the fact that it's government cuts that has reduced bin collections.

Cameron was elected on a policy to provide additional funding to bring back weekly bin collections but the plan was scrapped because government cuts meant the plans wouldn't be funded adequately, not because of anything to do with the EU.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

• Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is there an echo in here ?
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd help us. Here we go again. Old Nick F helping out his mates again.

This time making Nigel Farage resident history expert.

I am so tired of Nick F buttering up to his favourites. I had to switch LBC off this morning.

Couldn't stand it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there an echo in here ?

I've come over all deja vu :cool:
This discussion has been closed.