Options

The Golf Club PS4

Comments

• Options
    Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played another new beaut of a course last night with top designer Arctic Fury's creative flair once again in copious abound. Oceanic Athletic Club is typically and tastefully undulating with charming planting, water features and rock formations. Not too demanding either, so ideal for the novice, this due in main to it's forgiving greens. I hit a -12 (60) and frankly could and should have gone lower. Highly recommended along with all Arctic's work.
    More noteworthy designs here in TGC's Greatest Courses 2. All are novice friendly, all are rather beautiful.

Wrongly attributed a course to the wrong designer on the original posting of the above video, it was therefore immediately pulled. So here's the amended version. Our latest tribute, TGC's Greatest Courses 3 should be up later today.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Be interested to know that there's another new patch been released today
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Be interested to know that there's another new patch been released today

So the update has messed up the backswing animation making the game unplayable.

Hopefully they get this fixed asap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the update has messed up the backswing animation making the game unplayable.

Hopefully they get this fixed asap.

Normal service has been resumed, server issue the culprit. Nice one HB Studios.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's five more charming, non too taxing venues in TGC's Greatest Courses 4.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Another patch out. Taking the game up to 1.14
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EA PGA Tour Update

After a truly tepid, meagre, soulless launch EA's PGA Golf has been steadily enhanced in recent months. Now boasting a respectable 17 courses with an 18th, Oakmont CC, promised in the next update. This added content provides much needed diversity whilst also enriching the games career mode. Hugely customisable gameplay can provide a stern challenge for the stalwart or a more arcade experience for the casual golfer. Visuals are delightful, loading spritely, audio is accomplished and those initially erroneous physics have been, in the main, suitably addressed.

It still suffers from shallow character generation, lack of equipment upgrades, no practice range and unnecessary, laborious, patience sapping animations. But for now these cosmetics can be overlooked with so many improvements to the core game successfully implemented.

PGA has blossomed since it's lamentable beginnings and with further free content and updates will, I'm sure, continue to positively evolve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PGA Tour just £11.99 for Plus, £14.99 non Plus on PSN till 17.2. Very reasonable numbers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PGA Tour just £11.99 for Plus, £14.99 non Plus on PSN till 17.2. Very reasonable numbers.

You can't really argue with that, regardless with any short-comings in the game.

I'm happy with TGC though, don't see a need to jump ship yet.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh £12 is tempting indeed. Might do that - have they added a decent number of free courses now or is DLC still dominating?

I've actually barely played TGC, I feel the EA games are more involving somehow, they retain your attention better. It's a nice game and it was fun to play a few local multiplayer games but it has been played maybe four times?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    have they added a decent number of free courses now or is DLC still dominating?
    Now boasting a respectable 17 courses with an 18th, Oakmont CC, promised in the next update.

Ahoy mojo. Currently no DLC, all new courses have been free. Recently started career mode and thoroughly impressed. Liking the galleries walking the course in the background, very nice touch. I'll knock together a brief gameplay video when I get a minute and pop it on my channel.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11.99 is tempting me.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahoy mojo. Currently no DLC, all new courses have been free. Recently started career mode and thoroughly impressed. Liking the galleries walking the course in the background, very nice touch. I'll knock together a brief gameplay video when I get a minute and pop it on my channel.

Good work chap. Pretty sure I'll be getting it on this sale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll knock together a brief gameplay video when I get a minute and pop it on my channel.

Here's three holes in a couple of minutes of edited action featuring my efforts in the Career Builder Challenge. This is a PGA Tour career mode event. A bright sunny TPC Scottsdale the venue. Your commentators, Rich Lerner and Frank Nobilo... Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite like the pga. Been playing my brother yesterday and today. Has a few bugs but not bad. Sometimes won't show our scores online. Biggest headache I find is putting. Just find it so hard reading the greens.
    Should also allow a zoom on player spectate as the camera views are crap.
    Well worth my 12 quid but feel it should be better as a new gen game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can u also have the commentary for your own shots on in the online head to head ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PGA Tour Oakmont Free

Real world Oakmont Country Club is now available free in the latest 8.3gb update. The course uniquely has virtually no water hazards, two hundred bunkers, fast sloping greens and is regarded as one of the toughest tests of golf in the US. Career mode just got a little better!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Large Easter sale right now on ze store. PGA Tour reduced yet again to a very respectable £15.99. Not golf related, but RPG Divinity Enhanced @ £21.99 (£19.79+) is severely good value too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RPG Divinity Enhanced @ £21.99 (£19.79+) is severely good value too.

Shouldn't be in TGC, but not worth starting a new thread... Just want to quickly add that couch co-op is very nicely implemented here. Permitting individual split screen exploration. Perfect too for when both parties are strategically perusing inventory screens. Which for me at least, is half the fun of RPG's. Diablo, you need this!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Golf Club 2 is due for release quarter one 2017. Now utilising Unity 5 the game features a host of visual improvements including photogrammetry use, pro modelled motion scanned players and full specular effects. Country Clubs, practice range, enhanced career mode and vastly improved player creation will also feature. For course designers multi-level water features, crowd placement and many additional objects and tools will be availed. Sounds good. Let's hope it looks, moves and plays good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Golf Club 2 is due for release quarter one 2017. Now utilising Unity 5 the game features a host of visual improvements including photogrammetry use, pro modelled motion scanned players and full specular effects. Country Clubs, practice range, enhanced career mode and vastly improved player creation will also feature. For course designers multi-level water features, crowd placement and many additional objects and tools will be availed. Sounds good. Let's hope it looks, moves and plays good.

That all sounds great.

The only issue I have with TGC is that I struggled to find a mode that I could really get involved with. The seasons were ok but once i got past a certain level it was just too difficult for me - and all the computer players score far to close to each other.

I didn't really explore the online modes so i wonder if I was just missing something there.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I'm STILL waiting for Everybody's Golf ⛳️
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »

Same here. Come on and make the bloody thing !!
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »

I'll second that. Its listed on the Play Asia site with no release date. There has been a bit of a gap between the Asia and Euro release in the past though.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only issue I have with TGC is that I struggled to find a mode that I could really get involved with.

Yep, with you. My much vaunted want, aka seasons mode, was poorly implemented and felt distinctly shallow. Online was fine with a few buds, but the lack of a proper lobby system I know irked many. Core for me in a Golf game is a substantial career mode, hence the PGA franchise will always prevail here. Sadly the new gen variant, while very playable, doesn't possess the significant depth of last gens PGA titles. So my PSN copy of PGA 13 is my current goto for Golf. Unlike PGA's content rich career, TGC offers nothing truly compelling, however the new features in TGC2 sound like a positive progression. And if there's a substantial and well designed career, allied to the promised enhancements, I'll be day one.

And to the guys who mentioned E-Golf.. Yeah, I too have high hopes for the new iteration. And it's another timeless series that I still visit on PS3.