Options

The 10/10 women you see in central london are usually not British. Do you believe it?

13»

Comments

• Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    I biased, my wife is from Thailand and looks half her age ;)
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    marc_p88 wrote: »
    It's politically correct to say "english women are beautiful" etc. It isn't pc to say "english women really don't match up to their other European counterparts"

Don't get me wrong, yes there are some beautiful english women, but they either have a mix of genes or they are the lucky ones. When you see a list of top 10-20 countries with most beautiful women, you rarely ever see Britain on them?

What on earth does that have to do with what I said?
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    What on earth does that have to do with what I said?

I think that poster was working along the lines of, "If I'm being PC I would say.." and then, "but what I REALLY think is..." -

Not that they were saying "appreciation of beauty is subjective" = PC.

It helps that London is a major world city with a cosmopolitan multi-ethnic population, of course there's going to be more gorgeous women around. Being deemed 'exotic' is also a big plus, I'd imagine.
  • Options
    PalafrugelPalafrugel Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone asks you directly - is this person pretty? - And your answer is - 'beauty is subjective...' that is a politically correct answer. An honest answer would be; 'yes' or 'no' or 'so,so.'

If you are asked - what do other people find beautiful - than yes, 'beauty is subjective' is the correct answer..
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palafrugel wrote: »
    If someone asks you directly - is this person pretty? - And your answer is - 'beauty is subjective...' that is a politically correct answer. An honest answer would be; 'yes' or 'no' or 'so,so.'

If the question "is this person pretty" implies the meaning "do you think this person is pretty?" then of course "yes, no, 5/10 etc" are ok answers.

Its when people start making a statement that implies some kind of objective fact that the correct answer of 'beauty is subjective' is applicable.
    Not only are the foreign women in London generally prettier, they also know how to apply makeup properly, are still feminine, know in general how to be seductive or sexy. No contest really. Anyway, the native girls are not even trying to compete, so the gap will continue to grow..

This reads as though it is a statement of objective fact ESPECIALLY with the parts about applying makeup correctly.

That's nowt to do with being politically correct its about realizing your personal opinion about what you think constitutes attractiveness is worth **** all.

But Romanian women are fit. :D
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Palafrugel wrote: »

If you are asked - what do other people find beautiful - than yes, 'beauty is subjective' is the correct answer..
    Exactly.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Your obsession with scoring women is probably why you can't get a shag.

Desperation I would say.
  • Options
    Renegade MasterRenegade Master Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vikings stole our pretty ladies
  • Options
    marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Desperation I would say.

What's desperation? I wasn't the person that said about foreign women. Of course I would like to meet more women, but I know I need to improve my social life to get more opportunities to do so, or just approach more women in the street again.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most women certainly are Eastern European in my area of East London!
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Are the immigration officials only letting the lookers in?

hmm makes sense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's desperation? I wasn't the person that said about foreign women. Of course I would like to meet more women, but I know I need to improve my social life to get more opportunities to do so, or just approach more women in the street again.

Just looked at some of the video...lol you're taking advice from him??? If he's someone you take time to listen to then yes you are desperate.

BTW Has anyone told him, I wonder, he ain't all that either...someone I would pass in the street and not notice.
  • Options
    scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the most amazing looking girls I see in London are African-Caribbean and many of them are likely to be English born.
  • Options
    marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Just looked at some of the video...lol you're taking advice from him??? If he's someone you take time to listen to then yes you are desperate.

BTW Has anyone told him, I wonder, he ain't all that either...someone I would pass in the street and not notice.

There are other guys who are better looking that do this too. But these guys used to be geeks and useless with women, but they have succeeded at being great with women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are other guys who are better looking that do this too. But these guys used to be geeks and useless with women, but they have succeeded at being great with women.

Great in what way, confident you mean?

You've only got their word for it that they were "geeks and useless with women", bound to say that to "sell" what they're preaching don't you think? Anyway, after watching the video has it helped you?
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most attractive women are prison officer guards.
    They can do interesting things with their batons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    You see this so much with girls my age and younger. They tend to use too much make up to look attractive, but end up looking the total opposite.

Some girls wear make up for themselves. Not everything is to attract other people. If they think they look nice, maybe they don't care what anyone else thinks. Personally I wear what I like. Not to outrank my friends.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    This thread has potential... You are a brave man OP!

*subscribes to thread* :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given how British people are increasingly an ethnic minority in central London, it's not entirely surprising.

Fortunately I don't mind Bond girl accents, legs that go all the way up and boobs that could stop them from drowning, so long may it continue.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching something on youtube last night and apparently almost all the women who are extremely attractive, I.e 10/10 in appearance are usually foreign, for e.g. Polish, Czech, Slovakian, swedish, Romanian, Russian etc.

Is it just that eastern European countries have stronger genetics to create better looking people or are British women using too much cosmetics to cover up their features?

You see this so much with girls my age and younger. They tend to use too much make up to look attractive, but end up looking the total opposite.

You may have a point about using too much make up .

Amy from Celeb jungle was far better looking in the jungle wearing 'minimal' make up but wasn't anywhere as nice on the after shows wwringbfull make up.
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Well it's official: there are no good looking women in Prague.

I wouldn't say none, but my OH has no qualms about pointing out girls he finds attractive to me, and no one struck his fancy in Prague (he eggs me on to do the same, asking if I find guys attractive all the time, but I'm highly picky). I was hoping for some sexy dark haired men with cool accents and was disappointed too. All the things people are saying British women do here seemed fairly common in Prague too - I saw little effort from your average woman in the street, or in bars in the evening. They were mainly wearing jeans, trainers and gilets, with their hair scraped back into frizzy ponytails.

I always try to look cool and sexy when going to a foreign city, or when pretending I have a glamorous life, or actually doing something glamorous. I have a group of friends who moved to London, and a group who moved to Bristol (don't ask me why my friends move house in packs). The London lot are preened and glamorous, and the Bristol lot skip showers and don't wear makeup.