Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I will make no comment on any form of corruption until I see the end result.,

Same here benj, and then some time after I think.
  • Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Just found this link....- apologies if posted before. BUT - Frank was No.10 on the State's witness list - :o I hadn't seen this before - All I was aware of was that he told Van Aardt that he didn't hear anything and so it was pointless calling him , but hadn't realised he was actually on the list of State witnesses, here it is in writing.

http://ewn.co.za/-/media/Files/WitnessList%20pdf

Aww, guess being pretty elderly he really didn't hear a thing , but he was outside and dressed when Mike and Carice saw him at OP's house - not worth rehashing again I know, but thought it interesting seeing his name on the actual list of witnesses.

BUT why in Masipa's Judgement (below) did she say :
    http://www.pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessnews/docs/140915OPJudgment.pdf

1. At the time of the incident there was no one else in the accused’s
    house except the accused and the deceased. Therefore it could only
    have been one of them who screamed or cried out loud.

I read that perhaps Frank didn't have legal residency so that was reason he wasn't called - but doesn't explain the fact he was 'ignored' as even being on OP's premises that night, even though he wasn't actually in OP's main house that night does it, confusing. :confused:

Frank must have been swept under the carpet by OP's sweeping brush.

* nudge nudge wink wink *
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpscloud wrote: »
    Blearghhh! I have been known to eat some junk, but spam was... despicable. Do they still make it?

Sorry I know I'm probably in a minority of one but it did seem the poll was posted every page for a bit. I feel like a grumpy old bat now for saying so. Sorry :blush:
    When the discussions died down on here and posters slipped off during the lull before the Judgement, there became less and less new stuff to mull over............so that's why the Poll was kept forward , to keep the thread going and ensure the Poll didn't slip off too - no harm done, no point complaining now, :confused: it was ages ago now it seems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fritters to you. :D

Well really! I'll see yer fritters and raise you a deep fried mars bar!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the discussions died down on here and posters slipped off during the lull before the Judgement, there became less and less new stuff to mull over............so that's why the Poll was kept forward , to keep the thread going and ensure the Poll didn't slip off too - no harm done, no point complaining now, :confused: it was ages ago now it seems.

Weeeell, I was here all the time and it annoyed me. So I said so. So there. I don't think it was needed to keep the thread going, at all. There would have been no harm in the thread being quiet, or even dormant.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well really! I'll see yer fritters and raise you a deep fried mars bar!

Are you being a bit scotist here? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Och aye. We're all in this together, the noo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weeeell, I was here all the time and it annoyed me. So I said so. So there. I don't think it was needed to keep the thread going, at all. There would have been no harm in the thread being quiet, or even dormant.

I agree with Sandy that it did keep the thread going tho perhaps not quite as neccessary to post sooo often. This thread has been on the front page of DS for months. Some kind of achievement :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there another poll ? oo where is it ?
    I haven't voted, I didn't know there was even a new one :(
    Is it up and running or shall we start a new one ?

sandy, do you like polls :p:D
  • Options
    Jeremy99Jeremy99 Posts: 5,476
    Forum Member

I hear shafted salmond fritters are very popular amongst 55% of the Scottish population at the moment :)
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Fritters to you. :D

Caviar fritters? they sound fiddly to make :confused::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy99 wrote: »
    I hear shafted salmond fritters are very popular amongst 55% of the Scottish population at the moment :)

Gutted . @ 55 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes. with hindsight i think nel left a lot of things unfinished. he could have done with calling more witnesses i think

I think Nel thought he had such a good case, that he didn't need to add more.

And at the time, many people thought the same.

Look at the ammo charge for instance?

Many commentators while waiting for the verdict said OP is in big trouble and some said he's definitely going down. They could not see a way OP could get out of this. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    Caviar fritters? they sound fiddly to make :confused::p

Bake off !!! :D:D
  • Options
    Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    bootyache wrote: »
    I think Nel thought he had such a good case, that he didn't need to add more.

And at the time, many people thought the same.

Look at the ammo charge for instance?

Many commentators while waiting for the verdict said OP is in big trouble and some said he's definitely going down. They could not see a way OP could get out of this. ;-)

yes. i did notice especially after the break for weskoppies nel's demeanor changed and he gave off the impression he thought he had it in the bag

but then i don't think anyone could have predicted the way it went in the end. particularly the ammo charge :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Shall we do a poll to see how often the poll should be polled? :confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy99 wrote: »
    In the desire to see justice being done there is a great reluctance to consider any possible ‘outside interference’

But remember this trial is not taking place in some High Court in the UK but in SA where even the President is tarnished with charges of corruption. So who knows what lies beneath the legal trappings of the Court.

Sad as it is it has to be considered and it does answer a lot of questions almost impossible to answer otherwise.

I've always thought that if something doesn't make sense, then something is being hidden. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bake off !!! :D:D

:o:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ClaireCh wrote: »
    or, he had her phone for a good part of that time while they were arguing. spying on her calls and messages.

I really think Reeva cooked a midnight meal going into Valentine's day and something happened after that. :)
  • Options
    GiantTortoiseGiantTortoise Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Sorry I didn't see this to reply last evening.

If you were competent and shooting from pretty much any distance at a target on a range then no, it wouldn't be a good grouping, but you take your time to settle and aim.

On stumps, with high emotion whether anger or fear, in near darkness according to OP or even in light it looks like a fairly good grouping for someone letting rip with a firearm in the heat of the moment. It looked aimed to my OH and me but that said we've never been in a comparable scenario and have never randomly fired at anything.

That helped me understand Nel and Roux's disagreement about "good grouping" a bit better. Thank you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Fossil wrote: »
    For those who may be interested, here are links to my timeline spreadsheets in google docs:

Phone usage charts (3 tabs, one for each phone)

Witness testimony analysis

They are set up to share and allow comments, though I'm guessing you may need a gmail account to comment (only takes a few minutes to set up). If you'd rather post your thoughts on here that's fine or alternatively email me (montgomery.fossil@gmail.com) Please feel free to copy and do with them what you wish but I will generally only make changes that are based on firm evidence.

I've haven't used this facility before so it may need some tweaking!

Monty Fossil

sandy have you seen this by Mr Fossil? ;-)
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Texet wrote: »
    A Poll about Sentencing and Appeal (CH charge)
    (copy / quote / add your vote)

Sentence

10-15 years : 0
    5-9 years : 1
    1-4 years : 1
    Suspended : 4

Appeal

Appeal by State : 3
    Appeal by Defence : 1
    No Appeal : 2

(latest 2 voters added)

Here's the poll. I think Texet was the originator
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The later noises at 3.15.am or thereabouts were said by the defence to be the cricket bat breaking down the toilet door. The earlier bangs were said by the defence to be the shots.

Witness evidence says the first bangs were three bangs. But there were four bullets fired into the toilet door.

The second noises were said in evidence to be four bangs. And there were four bullets fired.

A witness said in evidence that it sounded like " Bang, pause, Bang Bang Bang.

Forensics say, there was a shot a pause and then three shots in succession.

So, how can OP on his stumps wield a cricket bat at the same pace as a gun shooting bullets?
  • Options
    Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,689
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member

i think we ought to