Options

People you don't see on tv much anymore

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on a minute, why are people so casually referring to Katie Puckrick as one of the three presenters of Bits?
    Katie Puckrick never presented Bits.
    I think that maybe people are confusing Katie Puckrik with Aleks Krotoski due to the American accent.

The presenters were;
    Aleks Krotoski. The main presenter. I've seen her pop up once or twice on others shows in an expert capacity. Apparently she currently presents a series on Radio 4 called 'Digital Human'.
    Emily Newton-Dunn .
    And of course Emily Booth.

From what I vaguely remember Emily Booth joined the show to take over the role of another presenter who I think was only there for the first series.

Edit: Ah, found it....Emily Booth replaced Claudia Trimde
    http://www.curiousbritishtelly.co.uk/2013/11/bits.html

When I think of Bits I also think of Vidz which was quite a similar show in style in some ways and on the same years as Bits, but it was about films as opposed to computer games. It was presented by a laid back long haired Scotsman and a crazy peroxide blonde Welshman. I wonder what they are doing now. Really great little show.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    Ruby Wax used to be everywhere, but now I can't remember when is the last time I saw her on TV. Also Julian Clary, but I do remember seeing him recently and was a bit shocked by how bad he looked. Can't say I missed them or many others listed here (Clive Anderson, Jim Davidson, Carol Smillie, and the like), the one I missed is Clive James, especially given that he is very ill and is unlikely to grace our screen much apart from the inevitable ones to come.

Julian Clary was on Alan Davies - As Yet Untitled a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Julian Clary was on Alan Davies - As Yet Untitled a couple of weeks ago.

Ah, the other DS FM who watches Untitled.
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Emily Booth, forgot she was one of The Bits presenters for a while. I do have Cradle of Fear, Pervirella, Evil Aliens and Inbred on DVD as I have no taste in movies.
    There was an American called Alex or Aleks with a Russian surname and another short haired brunette who I think was replaced by Emily Booth.

Alex Krotoski.......... ended up as a technology journo

along with Emily Booth (great body!) did cheapearly hours interactive quiz shows on ITV

and another, Emily Newton Dunn, who went into games development, mainly as a producer ??

They were on the late 90's gaming show BITS
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Ruby was being interviewed on Mel & Sue a few weeks ago :)

Trinny and Susannah came to mind after Trinny was shown on Graham Norton last week. Is their brand of fashion-crit unfashionable now?

Some of the Blue Peter presenters - Liz Barker, Simon Thomas, Katy Hill, Romana D'Annunzio.

Isn't one of Trinny and Susannah currently with Nigella Lawson's ex husband??

Simon Thomas has been working on Sky Sports for nigh on 10 years
    H
    When I think of Bits I also think of Vidz which was quite a similar show in style in some ways and on the same years as Bits, but it was about films as opposed to computer games. It was presented by a laid back long haired Scotsman and a crazy peroxide blonde Welshman. I wonder what they are doing now. Really great little show.

Nigel the Welsh one had or has a website

http://www.dogsizedcat.com/
  • Options
    mark_beachmark_beach Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeremy Clarkson
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Simon Thomas

He's on Sky Sports News.

What Misha Barton from The OC.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Some of the Blue Peter presenters - Liz Barker, Simon Thomas, Katy Hill, Romana D'Annunzio.

Wasn't Romana rather unpopular behind the scenes?
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sports presenters - I've not seen Steve Rider in donkeys years.

Also, does anyone remember a 'utility' presenter called Richard Orford? He did various things, but was at one point working for Channel 5 in the late 90s hosting their then new NHL ice hockey coverage.

Poor guy was clearly given the role knowing next to nothing about ice hockey. Worse still, he had to co-present with a stats-obsessed Canadian neckbeard expert, Todd Macklin. The defining moment came when poor Richard referred to goaltender Dominik 'The Dominator' Hasek as 'The Denominator'...

And presumably Statto from Fantasy Football League disappeared from TV when that show ended... I heard he went bankrupt a good few years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sports presenters - I've not seen Steve Rider in donkeys years.

<snip>

And presumably Statto from Fantasy Football League disappeared from TV when that show ended... I heard he went bankrupt a good few years ago.

Statto, real name Angus something.
    Pretty sure he was a professional gambler, pretty sure I saw him on Channel 4 racing as a tipster/expert at some point too, but that could have been any time since Fantasy Football aired, due to my leaky memory.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naga Munchetty seems to have disappeared from BBC Breakfast, hasn't been on for several weeks now, replaced by Sally Nugent, Charlie Stayt looking a lot happier:D
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Matthew Fox who played Jack in Lost? Just about all the other main actors/actresses on that have got roles in other tv shows since.
  • Options
    Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Whatever happened to Matthew Fox who played Jack in Lost? Just about all the other main actors/actresses on that have got roles in other tv shows since.
    Pretty sure I've read him saying that he doesn't want to be in other TV shows.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    Does that Cowboy Builders thing on Channel 5 with Dominic Littlewood doesn't she?

Yeah which is on EVERY day!
  • Options
    Lesley_Ann_McArLesley_Ann_McAr Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie Puckrik occasionally sits in for Tom Ravenscroft on 6 Music.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Ainsley Harriott
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Statto, real name Angus something.
    Pretty sure he was a professional gambler, pretty sure I saw him on Channel 4 racing as a tipster/expert at some point too, but that could have been any time since Fantasy Football aired, due to my leaky memory.

Angus Loughran. I think he has cleared his debts, but a pretty bad example of a so called expert. John McCriririck ( sp) is another one who claims to be an expert but he got found out. The bookies always win
  • Options
    simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Alex_B1 wrote: »
    Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen
    Handy Andy

Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen is on Classic FM every Sunday lunchtime.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,476
    Forum Member
    simes188 wrote: »
    Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen is on Classic FM every Sunday lunchtime.

But that's not the tv, is it? :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But that's not the tv, is it? :p:D

You could probably multi-quote about 100 post on this thread with the same response.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You could probably multi-quote about 100 post on this thread with the same response.

Yes I probably could, but I won't.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Also, does anyone remember a 'utility' presenter called Richard Orford? He did various things, but was at one point working for Channel 5 in the late 90s hosting their then new NHL ice hockey coverage.

Poor guy was clearly given the role knowing next to nothing about ice hockey. Worse still, he had to co-present with a stats-obsessed Canadian neckbeard expert, Todd Macklin. The defining moment came when poor Richard referred to goaltender Dominik 'The Dominator' Hasek as 'The Denominator'...

Richard Orford is a regular presenter on the Sky Poker channel now, and plays in their tournaments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I probably could, but I won't.

I don't get the point you're trying to make.
    It's another where are they now? thread, under the title People you don't see on tv much anymore
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't get the point you're trying to make.
    It's another where are they now? thread, under the title People you don't see on tv much anymore

I'm not making a point, it was a flippant, jokey remark. Don't take it so seriously.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruby Wax, after (thankfully) being off our screens
    for ages, finally resurfaced on a couple of editions
    of Q.I. last year. Totally forgettable appearances, and
    on one she was needlessly and pointedly rude to Ross
    Noble for no apparent reason,remarking she had 'never
    seen anyone with hair like that, who spoke like that' before.
    Waste of space IMO, hope she returns to America,and they
    keep her!