Options

Why don't People Who dont like Football, Not Like Football ?

Comments

• Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    I find men who don't like football weird. It lowers my opinion of them immediately. (I'm a woman).

Good job I don't give a toss what you think, as I find watching a group if men running round kicking a ball for 90 minutes weird, ( I'm a man)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donnagee wrote: »
    Men who like footy= real men

Men who don't = sweat geeks who are into Star Trek and comics

Maybe harsh but true lol

It's actually not. I bet there's not many football fans who'll know Mozart's full name, or his father's first name, or his sister's first name.

The speed of light.

Various questions about space.

What the processor in an SSD is called.

What the levels of the atmosphere are.

I'd rather know things like this than sit/standing while watching a ball being kicked around a field.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe harsh but true lol

Meh, I prefer to watch boxing, strongman and mma to football. Now they are manly sports, not prancing around after a football. :D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe harsh but true lol

I like Star Trek, I have read graphic novels, and I enjoy myriad of 'geeky' scientific subjects as you could tell if you ever read my posts on here.

I also like cricket, athletics and boxing (and other sports) as well.

Football was ok until the money totally destroyed it - and seeing a load of vastly overpaid ponces swan-diving after someone breathed in their direction and holding their clubs to ransom for millions upon millions gets old very fast.

Add to that the incredible shitness of the England team for decades and it is not very surprising that many people are no longer interested.

Everybody is different - I also look a bit 'rough' (very short crewcut and earing) and nothing like a typical 'geek' (whatever that is.)

Stereotypes are bollocks.

So there! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    I hate football for various reasons:
    1. Thuggery, drunkness and loutish behaviour by fans
    2. Bad sportsmanship
    3. Bad behaviour by players (spitting, fouling etc)
    4. Racism and bigotry between opposing teams / players / cities
    5. Players who act up when even just slightly injured

Compared with rugby. for example:-
    1. Fans rarely get overly drunk and rarely get into fights with one another
    2. No matter which team scores, the opponents will acknowledge good play - often even cheering the scorers even though it's not their team!
    3. Players just get on with it. Teeth knocked out? Ear bleeding? Let's just play on shall we!
    4. No racism or bigotry - just mild chaffing

Golf is similar (except for US fans when they're losing) - fans applaud good play, no matter by whom.

And my final reason for hating football - it wastes so much paper, TV time, and makes us suffer idiots like Adrian Chiles, Alan Hanson et all.

BIB that's exactly what can make footy interesting
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To quote the previous poster:
    Football was ok until the money totally destroyed it - and seeing a load of vastly overpaid ponces swan-diving after someone breathed in their direction and holding their clubs to ransom for millions upon millions gets old very fast.

Exactly how I and many others feel
    Is there a collective name for professional footballers? How about an "obscenity?"
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what have we learned?
    Some folk like football and some don't and some people think it matters what other people like and some people don't mind what anyone else likes.

You could say that about practically anything - cabbage, politics, X-Factor, motorbikes, drinking beer, religion.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well count me as all of the above. I like football, I'm a sci-fi geek and I sweat my ass off at the gym.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe harsh but true lol

Hubby isn't into football but he's as black belt third Dan martial artist. So, by your yardstick, real man or sweaty geek?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hubby isn't into football but he's as black belt third Dan martial artist. So, by your yardstick, real man or sweaty geek?

But when someone so much as breathes on him does he fall to the floor as if he has been blasted at point blank range by a bazooka shell? :D
  • Options
    CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it hasn't done me wrong so far. All the men I've known who didn't like football were people I didn't need in my life.
    lets just hope your doctor or your employer likes football too
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh, I prefer to watch boxing, strongman and mma to football. Now they are manly sports, not prancing around after a football. :D

I've less than no interest in football.

When it comes to sports it'd take something like a Wingsuit Fencing event to get me to watch, although I probably wouldn't have a preferred winner...
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Because it hasn't done me wrong so far. All the men I've known who didn't like football were people I didn't need in my life.

My best mate likes football. I don't particularly like it. We still get on. You sound a bit weird, if you are judging people on whether they like football or not. I mean, if it were something more important, like they were a raving religious fundamentalist, then I could understand your opinion, but football. Wtf.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lets just hope your doctor or your employer likes football too

Doctors a woman. Self employed

Not that I would ever trust an employer, they're just paying me to do a job that they don't want to do themselves
    jra wrote: »
    My best mate likes football. I don't particularly like it. We still get on. You sound a bit weird, if you are judging people on whether they like football or not. I mean, if it were something more important, like they were a raving religious fundamentalist, then I could understand your opinion, but football. Wtf.

Sorry if I upset you
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being a sexy, but I am in my forties and when I was a kid women simply didn't like football, they like Coronation Street and later EastEnders.

Now though most people, including the pretty ones with boobs, seem to have a team.

But, there are still folk out there who don't like football.

I sugest most people don't like footie and a lot of so called fans in reality just arent .Otherwise MOTD would be on at 8pm :)
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beard long hair black t shirt and usually likes wrestling or Star Trek that type lol

That pretty much describes my boyfriend. He isn't a wrestling fan though.

My type is clearly sweaty geek and I wouldn't change it :kitty: (I don't think he sweats much though)
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no issue with men who don't like football, as long as they can accept and not moan about the fact that football is a very big and important part of my life.
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This Dan of yours seems like a fasion geek who is in to belts. Be suspicious.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    That pretty much describes my boyfriend. He isn't a wrestling fan though.

My type is clearly sweaty geek and I wouldn't change it :kitty: (I don't think he sweats much though)

Erm hang on! What did I miss?! When did he become a boyfriend!
  • Options
    TyrTyr Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe harsh but true lol

Oh. I wasn't aware we only had those two options. As it happens I don't like football or Star Trek and comics. So where do I fit into your narrow world view?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Tyr wrote: »
    Oh. I wasn't aware we only had those two options. As it happens I don't like football or Star Trek and comics. So where do I fit into your narrow world view?

Somewhere in between obviously
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,314
    Forum Member

Maybe harsh but true lol

Men who like footy = neanderthals & the lowest common denominator

Can't stand football. Always liked Rugby & Cricket more, even when i was little. Refused to play it.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Maybe harsh but true lol

Change your bait mate, as that is pure bullshit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Change your bait mate, as that is pure bullshit.

Just way I see it hun
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe harsh but true lol

Please come round to my local rugby club and say that. Love to watch you try and walk out.

I did judo and Tae Kwon - Do from the age of 9 until I had to quit due to health at 19 just about lasted long managed to get to the TAGB championship, but I just don't like football guess I'm just not a real man :(
    but I'm not a geek and I don't like comics, oh god I'm confused where do I fit in?

on the plus side my wife hates football, and I find women that like football weird.