Options

EastEnders - the baby reveal has already been filmed!

Comments

• Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,306
    Forum Member
    I think Ronnie could be redeemable if she has a mental illness. Perhaps sounds bad, but I hope this is what makes her swap the babies.

I think she has anyway, there must be something very wrong with you to swap your dead baby for a alive one.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCRicken wrote: »
    If this is true, two words come to mind: COP OUT! :mad:

Definitely some back-tracking from the producers
  • Options
    NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely some back-tracking from the producers

But is it back-tracking? Where was the actual confirmation that the swap part of the storyline would run for two years? I certainly don't remember reading or hearing anything of the sort. The swap part may last six weeks or so but the aftermath can run as long as TPTB want it to.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    But is it back-tracking? Where was the actual confirmation that the swap part of the storyline would run for two years? I certainly don't remember reading or hearing anything of the sort. The swap part may last six weeks or so but the aftermath can run as long as TPTB want it to.

didnt Shane Richie say he had a storyline that would run for like 2 years :confused::(
  • Options
    NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    didnt Shane Richie say he had a storyline that would run for like 2 years :confused::(

He did and the storyline can still run for 2 years.

It's the people calling it a cop-out because the reveal of the actual swap has already been filmed. Why does the storyline have to finish when Kat gets her baby back?
  • Options
    laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bryan Kirkwood is disgusting.
    Making the cast feel like crap.
    The sooner he leaves the better.
    Hes also rushing the storyline.
    So once this is over, its more boring, empty episodes like a few weeks ago, more Kat/Alfie, Glenda/Phil/Ian.:yawn:
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Rockbird wrote: »
    Really? What exactly do you think Kat has done that warrants someone stealing her newborn baby and having her believe he's dead? :confused:

I didn't say she has done anything that warrants it, I just don't like or have got accustomed to her character. I don't feel her pain because I don't know her and its fictional so I don't really get upset, if it was real life Of Course I would feel sympathy because its real.

Why is everyone so touchy on here? This is second time I had an opinion about a soap character and people get upset or don't understand why I don't feel as much for a character as they do?:confused:
  • Options
    Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    I didn't say she has done anything that warrants it, I just don't like or have got accustomed to her character.

Why is everyone so touchy on here? This is second time I had an opinion about a soap character and people get so upset?:confused:

People do view their soaps rather strongly on here!! you need to get used to it! took me back. :eek::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bryan Kirkwood is disgusting.
    Making the cast feel like crap.
    The sooner he leaves the better.
    Hes also rushing the storyline.
    So once this is over, its more boring, empty episodes like a few weeks ago, more Kat/Alfie, Glenda/Phil/Ian.:yawn:
    So...

You don't like him for doing this storyline which drained the actors, and yet you think this storyline is going to be over too quickly and should last longer?

How ridiculously contradictory.
  • Options
    RockbirdRockbird Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    I didn't say she has done anything that warrants it, I just don't like or have got accustomed to her character. I don't feel her pain because I don't know her and its fictional so I don't really get upset, if it was real life Of Course I would feel sympathy because its real.

Why is everyone so touchy on here? This is second time I had an opinion about a soap character and people get upset or don't understand why I don't feel as much for a character as they do?:confused:

Not at all. You said you didn't have any sympathy for her. That's not the same as not liking or being used to the character. To say you feel no sympathy when someone's baby is snatched is pretty harsh, so I asked why. Nothing to do with being touchy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People do view their soaps rather strongly on here!! you need to get used to it! took me back. :eek::D

I honestly I am like :eek: Not that I don't feel when I watch it, I come on here to share ideas or see how others see the show or read about possible spoilers as I find stories interesting but the passion is real on here. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not at all. You said you didn't have any sympathy for her. That's not the same as not liking or being used to the character. To say you feel no sympathy when someone's baby is snatched is pretty harsh, so I asked why. Nothing to do with being touchy.

No I didn't say I don't have any sympathy. I said I don't have much sympathy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    i'm glad this story does not drag on and it is only for a few weeks and glad kat will get her baby back
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad it's not going on long - I've been speculating we'd get a reveal when the baby needs blood or something, probably later in the year, so seeing as it's a hard-hitting storyline, I'd not like it be go on for ages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I think she has anyway, there must be something very wrong with you to swap your dead baby for a alive one.

I think so too, but it hasn't been diagnosed yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trinity28 wrote: »
    i'm glad this story does not drag on and it is only for a few weeks and glad kat will get her baby back

So am I. It will have to be done officially to make sure though, and paperwork and redtape always takes time.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    & they havent metioned the whole ronnie will be breastfeeding the wrong baby for weeks, only to have to give him back to Kat...oh..silly me...soap mums dont breastfeed do they?
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

How realistic is that though? For all Ronnies fault, she reallly isnt that cruel and the only way they could realistically have it last a long time was her to actually go past the point of sane and believe the baby hers. Ronnie wants her own child and she realises Tommy isnt hers, it's in her nature to want him reunited with his mum (especially as she is friends with Kat and knows what Kat has gone through). Plus it allows the character to be redeemed. Short-term can be put down to grief. Long term becomes an issue of kidnapping and hard to justify imo. Id like to see Ronnie neglect the baby as it isnt her and slowly get worse and worse, to try to attempt suicide, for her family to realise she needs help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he meant in comparison to Ronnie. You know Kats baby will be returned to her, so in that regard, I definately have more sympathy for Ronnie having lost a third child. Im glad it doesnt go on long though. It'll be interesting to see Kat and the baby, and see if she finds it hard to bond with him ie. he misses Ronnie
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    & they havent metioned the whole ronnie will be breastfeeding the wrong baby for weeks, only to have to give him back to Kat...oh..silly me...soap mums dont breastfeed do they?
    It is actually featured in the story.
    Apparently Ronnie breaks down and cries when she attempts to breastfeed "James".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ronnie could be redeemable if she has a mental illness. Perhaps sounds bad, but I hope this is what makes her swap the babies.

Its hard to see how they will realistically keep her on the square, but they had people sympathise with Stacey who committed cold blooded murder. So, it isnt so hard to see people seeing a griefstricken Ronnie in devastation and insanity taking the baby. And you would always put the mother in these situations in a mental hospital before prison given the background. I still think theyll need to have Ronnie attempt suicide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What adoption agency is going to look twice at a mental woman? I think this will definitely be the end of Ronnie/Jack, would he really forgive her for never letting him meet his son? But then again, Jack doesn't really seem to care much about his children though...

I would also argue that, if this was real life, would a man really abandon his wife knowing her history? ie. 3rd child died, he was away when it happened, the sheer utter grief he knows she feels about Danielle to now James). I think most husbands would be upset, but then realise their wife needed help and feel ashamed they weren't there/ didnt realise. Jack forgiving ronnie would in no way mean he didnt love his children. I actually think that the most realistic conclusion, would be Jack initially lashing out and then seeing Ronnie in a bad way, have him want to stick by her, only for her to walk away from him/ push him away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 weeks is still a looong time to keep someone else's baby and let them believe their child is dead A day or two= a moment of madness. 6 weeks, while not 2 years, is still a prolonged crime.

6 weeks grieving/ not thinking straight is understandable, especially if we see Jack calling help, everyone noticing her a mess. If she was happy, chirpy, walking around the square then it is different. I think youd have a strong case for diminished responsibility in 6 weeks, but 2 years would be hard to argue. Especially if Ronnie is the one to give hi back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    I knew it was going to be a year, unless Samantha left the show. They will probably show this as the actions of a desperate mentally ill woman. If they had made it a year long storyline, viewers would completely lose sympathy for Ronnie because she is raising another woman's child that she has stolen while the real mother is grieving across the road. There would be no coming back for Ronnie, as characters in the soaps are very family-oriented, obviously. Also, any scene with Ronnie would be like a dark cloud because of her actions, she wouldn't be able to be detached from what she has done.
    In my opinion, Ronnie is less salvable than Stacey was when she killed Archie.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I know how this storyline will end - Ronnie WILL end up with Tommy. Kat will hand him back to Ronnie later on in the year, this is after she and Alfie have split and Kat can't take care of the baby. Ronnie will bring him up and Kat will leave Christmas Day 2011!!!