Options

Migrant Coverage

Comments

• Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the reason made them do that?

Maybe that was a consequence of something happened before recording the video. Who knows

On the news yesterday, they said that many of the migrants were refusing water as part of their protest. They are stranded in Hungary, where they are forced to sleep out on the street because they are not wanted there by the government. Yet no one will tell them where to go or give them any help. Their options are 1. Stay and wait 2. Try to get to Germany or another country willing to accept them 3. Go back to Syria (worst option for them, obviously).

The trains would not take them onwards, so they protested. Then many decided to simply hike to Austria along the motorway. Some were picked up by buses overnight and finally made it to a welcoming country. Now there will be no more buses.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soho wrote: »
    Thousands of mainly young men where given food/water donated by local communities & UK charites this is what the migrants did with it:

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=344_1441354394

Further more many had been observed using I Phone 6S (worth £700) smartphones and the latest Nike clothing worth hundreds for tracksuit bottoms.

Without sound, we don't really know why they threw the water/food away. I wasn't looking closely, but I didn't notice anyone using an iPhone. How do you know that it was a 6S, if they were using one?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Turkey is not safe for a Kurd. They are persecuted both within Turkey & stories of the bombing of Kurds within Syria in event weeks are bound to have gotten back to the migrants, making them fearful of remaining in Turkey.

The news that Germany will accept people has obviously galvanised some migrants, but their intended destination is GERMANY not here, yet we still get whining from Brits when they have no intention of moving here.

It doesn't matter if it is Germany or England. They ARE in safe countries, and Germany has only just offered to take them. The migrants were going to Germany BEFORE the offer.

They wanted to go to another country to take advantage of that country, NOT to get away from their own country.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iqoniq wrote: »
    Gadaffi was Libyan. It's Assad who's the problem in Syria.

I do agree with the posters saying they're only interested in getting to the UK, though. I really do think Cameron wants to get out of the EU to be honest, because I doubt this problem would be as bad for the UK if we weren't part of Europe.

These people were OK living under Assad. It's the armed militias who were the problem.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,574
    Forum Member
    Population increase is incompatible with most green thinking, isn't it?

Probably, but the phrase in green thinking generally refers to world population increase.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Speak for yourself.

I always do.
    But I've heard enough self pitying prattling from UKIP sympathisers in recent years, happy to blame those at the bottom of society for their own shortcomings in our economic system.

Instead of the remotest gratitude for living in a country that has schooled them & treated their health problems for FREE for most of their lives there are people here who just look at others (ESP if they're foreign) saying "look at HIIIM-why is HE getting help, what about me??"

Well UKIPPERS-you live in a free market economy,Which most voters have tactically supported over the boom years in which inequality is bred into the system.
    Don't have a bitch when the inequality hits your door.
  • Options
    biggytbiggyt Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    The iPhone 6S doesn't exist. It is expected to be released at the end of September
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always do.
    But I've heard enough self pitying prattling from UKIP sympathisers in recent years, happy to blame those at the bottom of society for their own shortcomings in our economic system.

Instead of the remotest gratitude for living in a country that has schooled them & treated their health problems for FREE for most of their lives there are people here who just look at others (ESP if they're foreign) saying "look at HIIIM-why is HE getting help, what about me??"

Well UKIPPERS-you live in a free market economy,Which most voters have tactically supported over the boom years in which inequality is bred into the system.
    Don't have a bitch when the inequality hits your door.

Unlike these migrants, the British have fought for what we have, so we do not have to be grateful for what we have.

If we let our society go to pot, like they did, such as allowing politicians and officials to take bribes, and by allowing religion to dominate our society, then we will end up like their countries.

The British have fought for their rights and freedoms, these migrants are stealing theirs.
  • Options
    human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    On the news yesterday, they said that many of the migrants were refusing water as part of their protest. They are stranded in Hungary, where they are forced to sleep out on the street because they are not wanted there by the government. Yet no one will tell them where to go or give them any help. Their options are 1. Stay and wait 2. Try to get to Germany or another country willing to accept them 3. Go back to Syria (worst option for them, obviously).
    They weren't forced to sleep out on the street from what I could see. Your list misses out the main option which was: follow the instructions given by the Hungarian authorities, go to the migrant camp they had set up and get registered. Once they'd been processed they would have been allowed to continue their journey.
  • Options
    Betty SwollaxBetty Swollax Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Barmy Bennett or her office is frantically deleting every comment on her Facebook page about this. Not one comment about her remarks to be seen.

Natalie Bennett - Facebook
  • Options
    fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen it suggested on the (hypocritical) media that every town in UK should take on 10 migrant families.

Nice idea, but where would they live? If it was a state sanctioned move, they'd have to go into social housing. I don't know about other towns, but where I live there's a long waiting list of families waiting housing. Would migrants jump the queue?
    Who would pay for them?

Is this idea workable? I know the UK take the lowest amount of migrants in the EU. What about the USA, they could take most of the 8 million who are trying to escape Turkey and assimilate them easily.

eta: We'd happily take on a Syrian child that needed a home with our family, but to do that you have to go through the adoption/fostering system and that takes a year for clearance.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggyt wrote: »
    The iPhone 6S doesn't exist. It is expected to be released at the end of September

Ah, okay. I don't keep up on which is the latest Apple phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlike these migrants, the British have fought for what we have, so we do not have to be grateful for what we have.

If we let our society go to pot, like they did, such as allowing politicians and officials to take bribes, and by allowing religion to dominate our society, then we will end up like their countries.

The British have fought for their rights and freedoms, these migrants are stealing theirs.

Fought my arse!!!

WW2 ended 70 years ago. The welfare state started slightly after that.
    In order to have fought for the UK to have freedom you'd need to be in your late 80s at least.

Most of us are the children, grandchildren & great grandchildren of the people who actually fought.
    There has been no serious threat to Britains security in the last 70 years. The Cold War was largely theoretical & political posturing that didn't impact the Uak directly, and the current fight against terrorism on uk soil, is largely being fought by our excellent security services.
    For the man in the street, the effects of this are rarely seen. Except perhaps seeing some obviously foreign people in your town & having a whine about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bollocks. You've fought for nothing. You get everything on the state handout without doing a thing to earn them!

These people are escaping real danger and some walking hundreds of miles to get to somewhere they can call home. These are not lazy pot pissing idiots, they had good jobs and skills in Syria and wouldn't be lazing around on their arse waiting for handouts like some in this country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fought my arse!!!

WW2 ended 70 years ago. The welfare state started slightly after that.
    In order to have fought for the UK to have freedom you'd need to be in your late 80s at least.

Most of us are the children, grandchildren & great grandchildren of the people who actually fought.
    There has been no serious threat to Britains security in the last 70 years. The Cold War was largely theoretical & political posturing that didn't impact the Uak directly, and the current fight against terrorism on uk soil, is largely being fought by our excellent security services.
    For the man in the street, the effects of this are rarely seen. Except perhaps seeing some obviously foreign people in your town & having a whine about it.

The welfare system was born out of the war, and the need to help those service men and women who were disabled.

The freedoms we have now are because of WW2, even if many alive now didn't actually fight in WW2.

But sadly, thanks in part to the many migrants already here, our rights and freedoms are being erroded.

And your attack on the British people still doesn't mean the migrants deserve to come here or any other free country.

They should stay and fight for their own freedoms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The welfare system was born out of the war, and the need to help those service men and women who were disabled.

The freedoms we have now are because of WW2, even if many alive now didn't actually fight in WW2.

But sadly, thanks in part to the many migrants already here, our rights and freedoms are being erroded.

And your attack on the British people still doesn't mean the migrants deserve to come here or any other free country.

Jesus, you are so wrong on every level it's scary.
  • Options
    scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_One wrote: »
    When suicide bomb attacks happen. It is on YOUR head, for taking in these people.
    All humans are not angelic innocent beings, especially from other countries.
    I am being defensive - for us and our well being. Yet you insult me for helping your family to live and prosper.
    When your daughter or granddaughter is raped because of a minority or a minority, then lets see who feels the same way. Or when you hear of fellow countrymen killed by a suicide bomb or beheading. This is on your name, not the so-called terrorist.

I am contributing to YOUR and your families well-being of safety. Yet you consider me as disgusting?
    So be it.
    I am not the one threatening to invade any country or harm anyone. But other people noticably of ISIS have threatened that they will.
    So get your priorities straight, because when the time comes for call to arms who of will be fighting and who will be running away...

Oh dear.

You must have very scuffed knuckles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your rights are being eroded by the Tory Govs attack on the welfare system and employment rights.
    It amazes me that people can't see the source of the cutbacks even when it is screaming in their faces. It's 1 thing to agree the cutbacks are necessary, it's another to look at them & think, I know why this decision has been made: it's that eastern European who arrived 6 months ago & has a job!

If the welfare cutbacks aren't targeted at the poor in the Uk, ask me why the wealthy pensioners aren't havingnTHEIR pensions & benefits (bus passes etc) cut back??
  • Options
    B-29B-29 Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222470/Foot-dragging-Britain-open-door-240-000-refugees-says-Green-leader-Natalie-Bennett.html

she's kind of coy on where she would house them all, but I'm sure she's rigorously audited the facts and figures as she always has done in the past....

How many are HER own country taking??
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are refusing it out of protest then I say let them die but take in huge amounts of police and drag the children away first so they don't suffer for their idiocy.
  • Options
    SohoSoho Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Liberal elite who signed the recent petition to allow migrants into the UK found migrants not so thankful for his hard work.

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=c4c_1441294833

Yes, his compassion and altruism didn't get him the hugs and feelgood he was hoping for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your rights are being eroded by the Tory Govs attack in the welfare system and jobs.
    It amazes me that people can't see the source of the cutbacks even when it is screaming in their faces. It's 1 thing to agree the cutbacks are necessary, it's another to look at them & think, I know why this decision has been made: it's that eastern European who arrived 6 months ago & has a job!

If the welfare cutbacks aren't targeted at the poor in the Uk, ask me why the wealthy pensioners aren't havingnTHEIR pensions & benefits (bus passes etc) cut back??

The rights are being eroded by the Tories, because there are too many immigrants in this country who are working for lower pay and conditions than people who have lived here all their lives would have worked for.

So the Tories have free reign to attack the poor because the poor have no power any more because they can't ask for better pay and conditions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    If they are refusing it out of protest then I say let them die but take in huge amounts of police and drag the children away first so they don't suffer for their idiocy.

But then the press would have made out that the police were being brutal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you do something for praise then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    Sport1Sport1 Posts: 8,819
    Forum Member
    That is in Budapest. So why have you said:

'Liberal elite who signed the recent petition to allow migrants into the UK found migrants not so thankful for his hard work.'

?
This discussion has been closed.