Options

YES or NO......whats your vote?

Comments

• Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the anglo saxons should stop trying to brainwash the scots

Oh not this again. The 'Anglo-Saxons' do not exist, and probably never even called themselves that. we are just English. Just like the Irish etc are not 'Celts' its all a historical projection, stop trying to use these terms to ethnically distance yourself form people who are genetically similar.:(
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I've sent my postal vote away and I've vote No
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Oh shit have I missed the vote I thought it was this thursday :)
    Maybe he sent a postal vote so he has, in effect, already voted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 yes votes from our house and 1 is from an Englishman who is no way a fanatical nationalist. I'm sure there are idiots on both sides.
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Four Yes votes from our house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was undecided but now a firm No, the amount of abuse the Yes campaigners are giving to NO voters has totally turned my head.
  • Options
    catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not in Scotland, so haven't voted on this poll, but I think they should stay in the UK.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm voting no, as are my parents.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I don't get a vote, but I'm hoping our friends up north vote no.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poll seems to reflect other, more scientific ones.

However, we have had hundreds of polls in the last year, and with only a population of over 5 million you'd think I would have been asked my opinion, but no.

Is it the same 1500 people they ask every time ?
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    My brother is a Scottish resident (lived there for 8+ years) and he's voted No. I would probably do the same if I was a resident.
    Most level headed English people would.
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    I was undecided but now a firm No, the amount of abuse the Yes campaigners are giving to NO voters has totally turned my head.

You're deciding your future based on a few hot heads? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    It's an easy yes. Tory, Labour, Lib Dems in the past 30 years have shown it doesn't matter who's in power down there as they're all self serving with big corporations and the rich elite the priority. That's not going to change. In fact it's funny how at any other time most people say the same yet now all of a sudden we're supposedly better together and should stick with a broken system when there's an opportunity to ditch Westminster and take control of our own finances. I don't think so.
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No 101%
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Ashbourne wrote: »
    You're deciding your future based on a few hot heads? :confused:

That's surely the whole basis of the No campaign ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R82n8 wrote: »
    Is there a poll about what the rest of Britain feel about this?

Create one yourself if you want one.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashbourne wrote: »
    Four Yes votes from our house.

Don't come crying to us when your income tax doubles.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an easy yes. Tory, Labour, Lib Dems in the past 30 years have shown it doesn't matter who's in power down there as they're all self serving with big corporations and the rich elite the priority. That's not going to change. In fact it's funny how at any other time most people say the same yet now all of a sudden we're supposedly better together and should stick with a broken system when there's an opportunity to ditch Westminster and take control of our own finances. I don't think so.

LOL, I suppose you think that outrageously high debt the UK owes (over a Trillion pounds) belongs to England only? Go Independent and you'll all be screwed.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not Scottish so can't vote, but my Grandad is so it does interest me a fair bit. If I could, I'd vote no, and I hope that's how the majority will vote. Possibly the only good thing to come of this whole indepedence thing is Paolo Nutini's song Iron Sky! I say possibly because he has said it's not about independence but more the wider world in general. But many people do believe it's about Scottish independence, and when you listen to the lyrics it's easy to see why, and I'm inclined to think it is too. Great song, either way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKbtFljucQ
  • Options
    Haggis&ChipsHaggis&Chips Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a proud Scot, but I'm also a citizen in a ‘United Kingdom’ and that's precisely how I want it to stay. We all live on a tiny island but I fear that irreparable damage has been done and that the divides we are experiencing now can only widen.

I dread a Yes win next Thursday and feel a growing sense of utter fear at the possibility.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a proud Scot, but I'm also a citizen in a ‘United Kingdom’ and that's precisely how I want it to stay. We all live on a tiny island but I fear that irreparable damage has been done and that the divides we are experiencing now can only widen.

I dread a Yes win next Thursday and feel a growing sense of utter fear at the possibility.

What do you fear, a fairer Scotland with our own numpties running things rather than some toffs from Westminster who nearly bankrupted us, cheated us with their expenses and now are getting the poor to bail them out

wow
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    This is the problem, for me, with the 'Yes campaign' - they are, on the whole, far too aggressive in my opinion. Not everyone obviously but many of the people who are out on the streets actively campaigning for it are doing a grand job at putting people off.

I was in Glasgow the other day walking by a 'Yes' stand when one them shoved a leaflet in my face. I politely said "No thanks" and was told "Oh well f***ing suit yourself then". After explaining to him that I only declined, not because my mind was set but becauseI had already been given that particular by someone already, was just very dismissive and said "Aye, right then mate, whatever, suit yourself" before quickly moving on to someone else. And I've heard more and more stories from people who have had similar experiences.

Also, I 've deleted a good few people from Facebook over this who are content with posting ignorant anti-English rants such as "All the Orange bastards who are voting No should f***off down south and leave us true Scots alone."
    This mentality just sums up what's wrong with this country.

I am and always will be Scottish (and incidentally, not even an "Orange bastard") and have always been immensely proud of that; I am one of the most patriotic people you could meet - and even if I vote 'No' on Thursday, I will still continue to be so.

Now, I'm not saying that silly incidents like these are what's making me edge towards a 'No' vote but I daresay it would with some people.
    And neither am I saying that similar dirty tactics aren't used by some Better Together campaigners but, personally, I've come across more aggression and disgusting sectarianism from those in the 'Yes' camp.

I understand that some people are extremely passionate about this and know way more than the likes of I do but there is a way to debate properly and preach, if you like, in an appropriate manner so as not to offend anyone. I just find it very sad that some people are allowing our wonderful little country to be torn apart like this and I really fear for what it's going to be like come Thursday when, inevitably, about half of the country aren't going to be happy whichever way the vote swings.
    Good post.
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any fellow Scots getting scared in case there's a yes vote? I've been pretty arrogant up until this point because I've always assumed a no vote. Now I'm not so sure!
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Any fellow Scots getting scared in case there's a yes vote? I've been pretty arrogant up until this point because I've always assumed a no vote. Now I'm not so sure!

Check my posts from a few days ago but yes, I was. I'm slightly more re-assured that it appears the statistics are changing and the 'no' camp is back in the lead again but it could fluctuate to and fro for the remaining few days. We're really not going to know for sure until its all said and done - I just wish it was this Monday and not Thursday, so we could get the whole thing over and done with already(!).
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Check my posts from a few days ago but yes, I was. I'm slightly more re-assured that it appears the statistics are changing and the 'no' camp is back in the lead again but it could fluctuate to and fro for the remaining few days. We're really not going to know for sure until its all said and done - I just wish it was this Monday and not Thursday, so we could get the whole thing over and done with already(!).

It's crazy to think how divided it really is though. Part of me believes independence should only be granted if it's an outright majority who have voted yes. I think I might be staying up to watch the results come through. I'm assuming it'll be brought in by regions like a general election is?