Options

Six weeks and still no name!

Comments

• Options
    vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I think Bunny is a cute name. Its quite old fashioned, and is better than that dreadful name Chantelle named her daughter: Dolly.

As for the bub being bullied, perhaps the parents of other kids should keep their kids in check and teach them some manners. What will happen if they come across children from different cultures where the names are drastically different from western names?

Personally, I like unusual names but sometimes the names are very try-hard. I know in one african society the child is named after the first thing the mother sees - its been years since ive seen that documentary, so i probably got some details mixed up.

Couldn't agree more with your second paragraph.

Maybe that's why "Teaspoon" (mentioned by yours truly earlier) was named thus!? It's very random otherwise ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    Great fairy story Hyacinth :D:D:D

Is that an attempt to bait me... well ...

I am pleased to say that some people actually can put some thought into their childrens name... don't tell me that people don't associate names with other people... and personal experiences...

about 10 years ago it was popular to name girls after a bottle of wine... but it fell out of fashion..... but the name you give a child affects them forever... I am glad that I have a traditional name, rather than something like ice cream as I think that it has helped me in life... and there are lots of studies that confirm this!

I don't agree with Katie Hopkins though... the name that a child has is no reflection on the child but rather the idiotic parents that chose it!! I would not want to fall into that category.. and if you think that I am a 'hyacyth' for not calling my child Chardonay, Destini or Princess, Primarni or Bunny.. then I guess that is a badge of honur!

and BTW yes PM Gordon Browns first name was James.. you can google it if you don't believe me and you think that it is a fairy story!
  • Options
    Maggie_MooMaggie_Moo Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    As does the father - no one in that family comes out of the whole "media ****" debate well.

The name Bunny is far from the worse we imagined. If the child hates it, she can change it. At least she won't be dragged on stage with Pa every weekend.

That really would be embarrassing.

Yes it would be embrasssing, and questionable since He's not the father. Steady Eddie Kerian is. Time will tell how things pan out in the Pwicey house in the future.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Well you are wrong, it is not her name therefore your point is moot .
    Her daddy can call her what he pleases in the manner kp calls her latest 'runnerbean' on twitter . It is a nickname and her given name is princess.
    Bunny is not cute unless a nickname . Poor kid .

Not going to reply to the first part of your post. Can't be bothered.

I think Bunny is cute as a proper name. You posting here that it isn't cute unless it's a nickname really, means nowt to me and more importantly, to KP. As it's just your opinion.;-)
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As does the father - no one in that family comes out of the whole "media ****" debate well.

The name Bunny is far from the worse we imagined. If the child hates it, she can change it. At least she won't be dragged on stage with Pa every weekend.

That really would be embarrassing.

Not the worst name ever ,but still stupid in my opinion .

As for the peter andre reference , I should think he and everyone connected to him are thanking their various gods that he no longer has anything to do with any babies his ex now gives birth to ,so no embarrassment need be felt by anyone .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Not going to reply to the first part of your post. Can't be bothered.

I think Bunny is cute as a proper name. You posting here that it isn't cute unless it's a nickname really, means nowt to me and more importantly, to KP. As it's just your opinion.;-)

Yes that's what I've said all along ,*in my opinion it's a stupid name* .
    Similarly to your own comment ,your opinion means nowt to me. As for kp ,she won't care as long as she gets a mention online .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maggie_Moo wrote: »
    Yes it would be embrasssing, and questionable since He's not the father. Steady Eddie Kerian is. Time will tell how things pan out in the Pwicey house in the future.

That made me laugh out loud .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Similarly to your own comment ,your opinion means nowt to me. As for kp ,she won't care as long as she gets a mention online .

I agree with you... its a silly name for someone who will grow up to be an actual person... most parents have cute nicknames for thier children... like 'little lion'... for example.. but its another thing for them to have to apply for a passport in that name!
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you are wrong, it is not her name therefore your point is moot .
    Her daddy can call her what he pleases in the manner kp calls her latest 'runnerbean' on twitter . It is a nickname and her given name is princess.
    Bunny is not cute unless a nickname . Poor kid .

You said 'bunny is not cute unless a nickname. Poor kid'.
    That seemed to be more a statement of fact (according to you) than your opinion.

Glad we 'get' each other with regards to our opinions. Makes me feel kinda happy and relieved all rolled into one knowing that we don't share the same opinions:D I'm sure you'll agree.

Anyway, I think I'll leave it here now!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vflambee wrote: »
    Oh my ... this thread is hilarious!

I should think if Bunny gets married in church one day, then pretty much everybody in that church would be friends of her and her husband-to-be and more than familiar with her name and highly unlikely to laugh at it. I would also hope that a bunch of adults in a church would be a little bit more grown up than to giggle at someone's name in that situation.

Nobody is to "blame" for bullying other than the bullies ... can't believe people would suggest otherwise.

Absolutely. The suggestion that anyone but the bullies are to blame for any hypothetical bullying in years to come is just staggering. There are a million and one reasons why children are bullied and to lay blame at the door of their name is just beyond the pale
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    That made me laugh out loud .

I don't know why PA is even being brought into the discussion.:confused:

As far as I'm aware the topic being discussed is what KP has decided to name her daughter.

Peter has absolutely nothing to do with it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am suprised that she has forgotten she has given birth to a human and not a rabbit... its a silly as calling a boy flopsie!

I was wondering if in true chavtastic taste if she would call her daughter something like Mirrorbelle Sunonsunday OK Price, a name that would allow her to follow in her mothers footsteps.. but no... Bunny... after the middle aged man from TV flop Eldorado:(

Maybe Bunny will love her name... but if she ever has to make any formal declarations eg wedding vows it may result in some giggles from the audience...[/QUOTE]

:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lion5 wrote: »
    I am pleased to say that some people actually can put some thought into their childrens name... don't tell me that people don't associate names with other people... and personal experiences...

BIB I agree with this, although some will say that something like this would never cross their mind, or completely read alternative reasoning behind it.

As a FM done earlier with a previous post of mine. Yes names do bring other people to mind, ie, hair colour, build, personality, these are the things that we sometimes associate with names, there are some girls names that I associate with a small petite person, some with people with a bubbly personalities, and like wise the boys names, some I associate with huge tall broad shouldered men, some with occupations some with rough little boys only happy unless their hanging out of a tree or digging in muck, some sports mad. etc
    This is human nature, I think it is referred to as name association, nothing more and nothing less, there is nothing underlying or sinister, like I said previously, it comes down to imagination .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Absolutely. The suggestion that anyone but the bullies are to blame for any hypothetical bullying in years to come is just staggering. There are a million and one reasons why children are bullied and to lay blame at the door of their name is just beyond the pale

Kids can be cruel... and although bullying and name calling is always disgusting (you can see it on this thread! people attaching names to posters as a derogatory reference)

It happens all of the time... and there are lots of studies that show a pattern between unusual names and troubled children...

'While noting that “unpopular names are likely not to be the cause of crime,” the social factors of being tagged with an offbeat moniker “increase the tendency toward juvenile delinquency.”

The pair based their report on a study of some 15,000 names given to baby boys between 1987 and 1991. They found that the more unlikely the name, the more likely a boy is to commit a delinquent act.

In revealing the 10 “most likely to” list on Friday, TODAY’s Erin Burnett gave her own interpretation to the study: “Basically, if you’re teased mercilessly your entire childhood for your name, you become an angry, bitter person, and you lash out in a way that could be negative.”

http://www.today.com/id/31960846/ns/today-parenting_and_family/t/top-bad-boy-baby-names/#.VBdifmZwabE
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Bunny would be quite sweet as a nickname but as an actual name it's silly.

IMO.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maggie_Moo wrote: »
    True, my imagination might not be as vivid as others. But "Angel mate" pass the ball.... Nope, I'm just not seeing it. :D
    Maybe not rugby, but I reckon Man U's Angel Di Maria (two girls names:o:o!!!) heard that a lot playing over the weekend. Golfer Angel Cabrera too. Angel is quite common in Spanish/Latin American traditions... Like Jesus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    I agree with you... its a silly name for someone who will grow up to be an actual person... most parents have cute nicknames for thier children... like 'little lion'... for example.. but its another thing for them to have to apply for a passport in that name!

The passport will be the least of her worries.
    Just think ,if she marries a son of the delightful Katie Hopkins she will be thenceforth known as Bunny Hopkins . :p
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lady who managed my staff's payroll at our accountants for 16 years was named Bunny, she's in her 40's and was the Practise Operations Manager. She left in 2010 to set up her own business in Essex. I always thought it was an unusual name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity the child when school age with a name like that,. in fact is it really a name ? Bunny pmsl
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the headline I just assumed Bunny would be her nickname.

Oh well, maybe she will love her name, but if not she can change it when she's old enough.

There was the famous tennis player named Bunny Austin. (He was the last Brit to reach a Wimbledon Men's Final until Andy Murray) but that was just his nickname, and not written on his birth certificate. (Henry Wilfred "Bunny" Austin was his real name) ... bet you really wanted to know all of that!! :o:p
  • Options
    Lily WhiteLily White Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    babynames.co.uk
    Meaning: Bunny rabbit ........ :D
    Origin: English
    Pronunciation: BUN nee
    Bunny is a nickname derived from names such as Barbara and Bernice. It is a common name used for pet rabbits, and is also has ties to the infamous Playboy Bunnies. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lady who managed my staff's payroll at our accountants for 16 years was named Bunny, she's in her 40's and was the Practise Operations Manager. She left in 2010 to set up her own business in Essex. I always thought it was an unusual name.
    It's not in the Top 10 most common, but hey, it's a name people have been clamouring for for six weeks and now it's finally known via the usual zeleb dregs method of an OK cover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just when I was clutching at a tiny thin little straw that perhaps mommy hayler will have got her brain in gear she just stamps on that fragile straw by calling her adorable little cherub after an animal .Not sure why I'm surprised tho. Poor kid .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Maybe not rugby, but I reckon Man U's Angel Di Maria (two girls names:o:o!!!) heard that a lot playing over the weekend. Golfer Angel Cabrera too. Angel is quite common in Spanish/Latin American traditions... Like Jesus.

Ahhhh I see, so if Leo had still been around and they had of had a son Angel may well off been a name that Leo would of picked.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Yes I know what the discussion is about. And I've said I like Bunny and I think it's cute.

Also gotta disagree there. To me, it looks like 'bista' is now Princesses full time name, given to her especially by her daddy dearest. I can't remember the last time TM referenced her by her actual proper name in public or in one of the many, many interviews he sells to OK! It's always 'bista'.

So, I think Bunny is a prettier and less silly full time name, than BIsta.

The difference being that "Bista" is an affectionate nickname used by the Andre family only, but it appears that baby Hayler is going to be landed with the ridiculous official name of Bunny. Have you read EVERY interview that PA does to come to the conclusion he always refers to his daughter as "Bista"?
This discussion has been closed.