Options

Is Coach Trip back around February 2012 I assume

Comments

• Options
    flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    romfidave wrote: »
    As this trip fizzles out with newbies coming and going straight away I thought I'd float this idea to give following series a shake up.
    As usual until 10 or 15 days from the end then,then all new couples get 2 days straight immunity
    this ensures all couples get 3 full days.On the night of the new couples 1st vote this is an instant red to rattle the originals.A 2nd new couple must come the next day and again the vote is an instant red this will weaken any comfortable cliques by 2 and with a new couple the next day will ensure 3 new(ish) couples on the coach.Then normal yellow and reds will apply until the end
    with newbies getting 2 days immunity.
    This is just an idea to keep interest going until the end.

At some point though, no matter what system you have, an alliance of some sort will take shape.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    At some point though, no matter what system you have, an alliance of some sort will take shape.
    I agree but with so little time left and newbies guaranteed 3 days it should make interesting viewing,even watching them trying to form new alliances.
  • Options
    PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Vic was great, and Mick seemed a really nice chap too. I was very sorry they were voted off like that in what seemed a cowardly vote. Particularly galling to hear Lou and Chez's faux concern.

I thought it was pathetic. Given that at least two couples had no cards, even if they are all "buddies", they could have given them yellow cards at least so that Vic and Mic could stay on at least a couple of days longer. I thought the bad knee was just a convenient excuse for them really. I really find Lea quite cold at the vote - she is so tactical and really showed no compassion for Vic and Mic, same goes for Lou.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eyesofadj wrote: »
    The coach trippers need to go some balls! They all voted Vic and Mick, who in my opinion, are the stereotypical people who actually go on these trips, as well as being genuinely nice individuals. They were all bricking it to vote for another couple cos they knew it would backlash the next day, they are all scum in my opinion and none of them are gonna be deserved winners.

Totally agree! The moment a new couple arrives you can see them all twitching, looking for some kind of personality “ flaw” to latch on to; they talk too much or too little, cocky, too quiet, airheads, scruffy, stiff, bossy etc. Then like vultures picking over a choice carcass they swoop in, revelling in some fresh meat to save theirs. Vic and Mick were difficult ones because they were genuinely sweet guys with no real “flaws” except for .........the gammy knee! And so once again the group closed in, happy to have some kind of justification for their cowardly actions. Now the last time I checked holidays were good for recovery. A nicer bunch people might have used this as a reason to keep them on.
  • Options
    FFSFFS Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taken up playing the guitar and he's pretty damn good at it too!

I don't know which is which as far as Mic, Vic, Rick, Nick... but the "quiet" one was a spitting image of Pete Townshend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree but with so little time left and newbies guaranteed 3 days it should make interesting viewing,even watching them trying to form new alliances.

That would be interesting. Anyway, I looked at the site and the next tour is 50 days, so we're bound to get a few different alliances forming during that period.

If they use your suggestion, the 30 day tour would look more interesting. Most couples would be off within 6 or 7 days at a time.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambergold wrote: »
    Totally agree! The moment a new couple arrives you can see them all twitching, looking for some kind of personality “ flaw” to latch on to; they talk too much or too little, cocky, too quiet, airheads, scruffy, stiff, bossy etc. Then like vultures picking over a choice carcass they swoop in, revelling in some fresh meat to save theirs. Vic and Mick were difficult ones because they were genuinely sweet guys with no real “flaws” except for .........the gammy knee! And so once again the group closed in, happy to have some kind of justification for their cowardly actions. Now the last time I checked holidays were good for recovery. A nicer bunch people might have used this as a reason to keep them on.

Was somebody really voted off for being stiff? I missed that one.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or is coach trip suffering from a case of Da ja vu? There’s the plastic bubble down the hill thing, Segways, the pottery classes where someone “hilariously” creates a phallic shape which gets them a telling off -- if they’re lucky. Then there’s the mucking out of animals where one of the prima donna’s will moan about smells and dirt in their heels. Hmmm, it seems like it’s not just the carding system that needs to be shaken up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Was somebody really voted off for being stiff? I missed that one.:eek:

LOL, ooh er!! Yes, I think Leah and Ollie said that Mo and Sophie were a bit stiff and needed to "loosen up a little". But of course, when they did loosen up they were called fake!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    That would be interesting. Anyway, I looked at the site and the next tour is 50 days, so we're bound to get a few different alliances forming during that period.

If they use your suggestion, the 30 day tour would look more interesting. Most couples would be off within 6 or 7 days at a time.
    At the moment my idea is only for the last 10 or 15 days to shake the coach up a bit.After the initial 2 instant reds normal yellow and reds would apply so popular couples could still survive a good time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambergold wrote: »
    LOL, ooh er!! Yes, I think Leah and Ollie said that Mo and Sophie were a bit stiff and needed to "loosen up a little". But of course, when they did loosen up they were called fake!!

Oooh er indeed. I suppose with Sophie around, Mo could have been excused being a bit stiff. He did them no favours, trying to tell it how it is, is fine but they went about it the wrong way.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment my idea is only for the last 10 or 15 days to shake the coach up a bit.After the initial 2 instant reds normal yellow and reds would apply so popular couples could still survive a good time.

They should let the vote go ahead as normal but then let the ones getting the red card have total immunity and let them tell one or two of the couples what they think of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Oooh er indeed. I suppose with Sophie around, Mo could have been excused being a bit stiff. He did them no favours, trying to tell it how it is, is fine but they went about it the wrong way.:confused:

I agree; they had no game plan what-so-ever! I think Mo sensed they weren't welcome and went on the attack. He also wasn't exactly personable, although Sophie seemed nice enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I agree that something really should be done to shake up the alliance. It's getting so boring and predictable to watch them dumping the newbies for stupid reasons that it's actually starting to spoil the show.

I felt so sorry for Vic and Mick, they were both lovely and the faux concern was just appalling. Also I hate it when people give reasons like "We haven't got to know you as well as the others." Well, if you vote them off, you never WILL get to know them! I thought too that if they all really liked Vic and Mick to the extent that they were all crying about voting them off, they could easily have planned to spread the vote out last night and made sure somebody without a yellow got the majority vote. At the very least, if they really wanted them gone that badly, a couple of them could have pretended to vote for each other to soften the blow a bit.

Plus, if they're that concerned about fellow coachies' injuries, why didn't some of them vote for Lou and Chez? Chez had a bad arm, surely she needs to go home to get proper care or whatever too! :p
  • Options
    Kayjay2405Kayjay2405 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    metallica1 wrote: »
    Hi Kayjay,
    I'm totally behind you on that one. Vic is my good friend and neighbour and he is really one of the lovliest, most genuine guys you could ever meet. The man's into everything and is a true showman without the need to be cocky. I phoned him when the episode finished and told what I thought of those backstabbing no-marks on board, and Vic's reply " Ah well, never mind, that's life but we had a nice time all the same". That's the way Vic is. Not a bad word to say about anyone!
    After this, I'm not watching that garbage ever again! As soon as someone genuine goes in, the plastic wannabe's rip them to pieces for no real reason. They didn't have the slightest chance. I hope they're all ashamed of themselves and have to wade nostril deep in elephant crap in the near future!!!
    And hey, he's recently taken up playing the guitar and he's pretty damn good at it too! Who say's you can't teach an old dog new tricks!! You'll always be a star to me old mate;)

That's good to hear, you could tell he and his friend were nice people but unfortunately nice people tend not to do so well on Coach Trip. It's a shame they didn't get on earlier before the 'cliques' had formed.
  • Options
    teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 8 Coach baddies?

My pick is definitely Lou and Chez, and possibly Stu and Craig(although I don't mind them), Jolyon and Edward. Have I left someone out?
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go can't be too many more new couples surely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fake boabes, WTF are fake boabes?
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027