Options

last Tango in Halifax tonight BBC 1 at 9 pm.

Comments

• Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray266 wrote: »
    I have looked at the spoiler & all I'm going to say is if that does happen it sounds way ott.

Totally agree. In the realms of ridiculous.
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the absurdity will be balanced out by an incredibly nuanced performance from the character most affected next week.

On a lighter note, here's a clip from episode six of this series. Which, given what is happening in the clip, and the tone of the discussion, is set at least a few months after episode three. The clip itself gives away minor spoilers in light of the most recent episode and the two following.

I know this is episode six, because it isn't episode four or five :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wie_sy13MTQ&app=desktop

Some classic visual humour :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First review of episode #3.4
    Caroline has to adapt to her dramatic new family circumstances and she’s finding it hard, but for once her mum Celia is kind and sympathetic. Of course, Celia refused to attend her daughter’s wedding to Kate, but life ebbs and flows, and grievances can’t be nursed for long.

Writer Sally Wainwright is so gifted and assured when it comes to calling out to our emotions: no one is more precise at picking apart the mechanics of relationships, particularly relationships between women. She’s blessed with a great cast and there are some scenes tonight between Anne Reid and Sarah Lancashire (Celia and Caroline) that will take away pieces of your heart.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ddr7dh/last-tango-in-halifax--series-3---episode-4

• Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray266 wrote: »
    I have looked at the spoiler & all I'm going to say is if that does happen it sounds way ott.

LOL even for this Eastenders of a show it sounds far fetched!
  • Options
    tortoisestortoises Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL even for this Eastenders of a show it sounds far fetched!

It's resulted in a fair bit of humour from various quarters, even though it hasn't aired yet!
  • Options
    primosprimosprimosprimos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gary217 wrote: »
    We've enjoyed this up to now - it has had great twists and lots of insight into the characters, wacky though they are. Last weeks episode was a bit of a let down with the appearance of Gary, thought "here we go...another overused soap style cliche of an unexpected child from long ago..." And then this week it delivered its final cr@p blow with a traumatic death or near death just after a wedding.

If I wanted to watch drivel like that I'd watch eastenders/emmer dale or some other brain numbing rubbish. It is lazy writing at its worse, or it shows the writer(s) should have stopped at the end of the last series as they're now devoid of the good ideas that kept previous series so watchable.

You can now almost predict the script...who needs spoilers, and yes like the other posters on here we saw it coming like a freight train - I just hung onto the hope that the writer(s) we're good enough to be just teasing us with the thought that Kate would end up as a resting actor but no...they hit the 'cr@p cliche' button with all their might.

Lazy and bad writing - we deserve something better. Bad show beeb!

I agree. I wasn't keen about watching because of the Alan affair anvil, now they may have killed off Kate?

Oh well, another show for me to miss.

When did UK shows turn into American offal?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I have to admit as soon as I heard that Caroline was going to have important 3 episodes I did think the writing was on the wall for Kate. I haven't read any spoilers, so don't know if she lives or dies, but I assume she does die (I would like her to live).

Gillian's admission regarding Eddie is still hanging in the air, and surely must come out at some point. Would Caroline deranged with grief angrily blurt it out? I can't imagine she would tell anyone under normal circumstances, and that leaves Gillian to tell someone else, and I am not sure she would. Am probably completely off track, but I can speculate!:)
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before this season started I did read that the writer said the last three episodes were very different.

The show moves very quickly. There is still a lot to come.

Does John know Gillian murdered her husband?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lainey23 wrote: »
    I have to admit as soon as I heard that Caroline was going to have important 3 episodes I did think the writing was on the wall for Kate. I haven't read any spoilers, so don't know if she lives or dies, but I assume she does die (I would like her to live).

Gillian's admission regarding Eddie is still hanging in the air, and surely must come out at some point. Would Caroline deranged with grief angrily blurt it out? I can't imagine she would tell anyone under normal circumstances, and that leaves Gillian to tell someone else, and I am not sure she would. Am probably completely off track, but I can speculate!:)

My guess was that Robbie's girlfriend would have found out about Robbie's early doubts about his brothers death and managed to wring the truth out as part of her revenge. It seems like she's gone for good now though.

Maybe Caroline is seduced by Felicity at Gillian's wedding, accidentally tells her that Gillian is a murderer. Felicity then stitches Gillian up because Gillian rejected her own advances. :D

Not being entirely serious, but it wouldn't surprise me if Gary and Felicity's marriage is all but a sham, so that he can continue to look respectable in the press/business profiles. I get the impression that she was trying to push certain buttons at the dinner party last week, and Alan noted a certain undercurrent between her towards Gillian.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this tonight! Call the Midwife and then this-2 hours of enjoyable drama. Just hope no one disturbs me and my daughter whilst we are watching!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode got a stonkingly good write up in the Times. Looking forward to it after call the midwife ☺
  • Options
    21CenturyCircus21CenturyCircus Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered whether Gary might need a kidney or something like that? Something that only a blood relative could offer?

Tonight, I believe, is going to be a corker. I've seen all the potential spoiler pictures... I wonder whether what they seem to depict is true? Not long until we discover.

I agree with all the other posters - the second half of each series, so far, has been better than the first, so I've high hopes.

I think I disagree with most though. I think Gillian should end up with Caroline's ex husband (who's name isn't Tony-from-Fresh Meat)
  • Options
    Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Just read some spoilers - tonight's is going to be ..... sad.

I watched two episodes last night - finding I prefer to watch these things in great big doses as I remember what went on so much better! Can't wait for tonights.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry spoiler didn't work
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the bollocks starts...

Twee
    Definition of twee in English:
    Excessively or affectedly quaint, pretty, or sentimental:
  • Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    Anyone else here?

Boo! It's kinda the type of programme you have to watch though, rather than watch and comment.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A rather teasing beginning there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now the dad of the baby's rocked up. Makes Eastenders look believeable.
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    A rather teasing beginning there.

I thought it was pretty obvious with her putting on black clothing that she was getting ready for a funeral!

And hey, Miss Claudette is Kate's mother!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He's up to summit. I bet he'll file for custody of the baby.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Impossible:D
  • Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's up to summit. I bet he'll file for custody of the baby.

Either that or Kate's mum will
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty obvious with her putting on black clothing that she was getting ready for a funeral!

And hey, Miss Claudette is Kate's mother!

Had wondered myself that is was how it was.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He smokes you read the daily mail. :D:D