Options

The demise of Gina

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if she doesn't win, she'll be remembered as great entertainment. Look how well Jade did outside of the house, she was remembered more than Kate/Jonny
    There will never be another Jade. She lucked into BB at the time when the z-list media was all new and urgently needed a couple of relatable, hungry, compliant stars. None of that applies now: the magazines sell far less than they used to and have long since lost all interest in BB (Josie was an anomaly - Ch 5 had to keep the brand alive during the long gap between series).
    GetHoppy wrote: »
    Thing is most of Gina's comments about Hazel are made in the DR where BB seems to prod her for some Hazel soundbites. It's even got to the point where Gina's told BB she's said enough about Hazel and doesn't want to have to talk about her anymore.
    Not in that tone of voice though. "I hope I will never have to mention her again in my life."
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Hazel even commented last night that she thought she would be evicted for pinning Gina down during the wrestling...but guess what we were not shown it, even though Gina has complained to Hazel that she was too rough and was physically hurt by it;) :)
    I saw it perfectly clearly on the highlights. Were you in the loo?
    Damanda wrote: »
    Aaron and Deana both had massive support, much more than Gina, (who's popularity I believe to be exaggerated). It was aggressive, offensive, obnoxious insulting etc

This year Hazel has that support.
    Hazel has always had far less support than Gina so I am not sure why anyone would try to claim that.
    jimull wrote: »
    hazel had the biggest game plan from the start get her claws in a male hm and when that back fired she has just disappeared into the back ground but she still bitches behind every ones back she's a snake imo if gina wins or loses i don't think she cares either way but hazel is so desperate to win she will back stab everyone to win imo
    None of that seems even slightly true.
    AmyJames wrote: »
    Exactly, Hazel is lucky with the people she has been up against and that they have had bad weeks.
    I think Gina was very, very lucky with her week 1 eviction battle. If she had been up against Victoria or Tashie or Rachael she would have gone, no doubt about it. She was lucky that there was an even bigger villain than the week 1 Gina.
    ok schnookylumps . ..
    :D Bravo. So rude calling someone 'honey' when you want to insult them.
    It's seems to me that Ginas support is far less vivid, far less rabid and decidedly less loony

I could have done with a lot less 'Queen Gina' and people starting threads every single time she opens her mouth to say how adorable she is. Actually I think public ridicule is having an effect; apart from a couple of hard-core incorrigibles, there has been a visible decline in the 'Oooh, she's so adorable' threads recently.
    I'd agree with this in some respects. A HM like Gina has to tread a very careful path to retain her support, one wrong step and people can turn on her in an instant. Aaron could have taken a shit in the freezer, the fridge, the cooker, the shower and on the BB chair and his fans wouldn't have wavered for an instant.
    Yes, mercifully we have not seen a return to the zombie level worship we had with Aaron. People openly used to discuss the best way to get round the 500 votes a week limit. :eek:
    I think certain FMs like to support a superposed victim so they've jumped from Gina to Hazel. I like supporting a HM warts and all.
    I rather like it that the horrible treatment of Hazel led to such a clear backlash. It was altogether too much when Grace was being so unmercifully abused by all and sundry, and I don't want to see the same again.
    Yes... As far as forum mania is concerned Hazel is this years Aaron or Deana, not Gina.

Not by miles. Hazel is still not popular on here. She has just acquired a few defenders, still heavily out-numbered.
    The disturbing thing is that you probably believe it too.
    :D Tut
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this title is just wishful thinking from the Hazel obsessives...
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Nobody has really remembered a HM since Jade have they?

Only Craig, Jade and Brian ever became well known outside of BB.

Maybe also Alison and Nikki to a lesser degree.

Who else? :)
    Josie?
  • Options
    AmyJamesAmyJames Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will never be another Jade. She lucked into BB at the time when the z-list media was all new and urgently needed a couple of relatable, hungry, compliant stars. None of that applies now: the magazines sell far less than they used to and have long since lost all interest in BB (Josie was an anomaly - Ch 5 had to keep the brand alive during the long gap between series).

Not in that tone of voice though. "I hope I will never have to mention her again in my life."

I saw it perfectly clearly on the highlights. Were you in the loo?

Hazel has always had far less support than Gina so I am not sure why anyone would try to claim that.

None of that seems even slightly true.

I think Gina was very, very lucky with her week 1 eviction battle. If she had been up against Victoria or Tashie or Rachael she would have gone, no doubt about it. She was lucky that there was an even bigger villain than the week 1 Gina.

:D Bravo. So rude calling someone 'honey' when you want to insult them.

I could have done with a lot less 'Queen Gina' and people starting threads every single time she opens her mouth to say how adorable she is. Actually I think public ridicule is having an effect; apart from a couple of hard-core incorrigibles, there has been a visible decline in the 'Oooh, she's so adorable' threads recently.

Yes, mercifully we have not seen a return to the zombie level worship we had with Aaron. People openly used to discuss the best way to get round the 500 votes a week limit. :eek:

I rather like it that the horrible treatment of Hazel led to such a clear backlash. It was altogether too much when Grace was being so unmercifully abused by all and sundry, and I don't want to see the same again.

Not by miles. Hazel is still not popular on here. She has just acquired a few defenders, still heavily out-numbered.

:D Tut

I think I love you lol!
  • Options
    AmyJamesAmyJames Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Josie?

And Aisleyne and Imogen (Imogen for the wrong reasons)
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    I think this title is just wishful thinking from the Hazel obsessives...

It is. ;)
  • Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Even if she doesn't win, she'll be remembered as great entertainment. Look how well Jade did outside of the house, she was remembered more than Kate/Jonny

Not by me, she won't.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd agree with this in some respects. A HM like Gina has to tread a very careful path to retain her support, one wrong step and people can turn on her in an instant. Aaron could have taken a shit in the freezer, the fridge, the cooker, the shower and on the BB chair and his fans wouldn't have wavered for an instant.

Gina has made quite a few steps that would normally be seen as wrong, yet if anything they've increased her popularity rather than cause her to lose any.
  • Options
    wendy13wendy13 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's sad to watch. On BBOTS where she once got loud applause and support, now is more a lukewarm reception. The guests used to praise her for her honest, forthcoming approach and now the guests are berating her for the same thing!

bbbots sole purpose is not to reflect public opinion but to form public opinion, to change perceptions.

the same is true of the shows, it isnt about reflecting the reality but the reality that bb want you to witness.

its all in the edits, how they choose the audience and how the panel are primed. lets face it most of the panel rants are pretty much rehearsed.
    They say she needs to watch that she doesn't get too bitchy with Hazel, when a few weeks ago those very same guests were the ones condemning Hazel and loving Gina for recognising it and being a "girl's girl".

its in the edits. they can depict her in any way they want, from being to bitchy to being demure h/m.

they have sought to change hazels image/perception with superficial changes .. hazel has toned down her makeup and her dress, and they have started to call her strong, good business woman, hardworking, they are now portraying her as the 99% and gina as the 1%. its quite clever by bb/bbbots
    In my opinion, no matter what the bb producers try to shove at us, Gina is NOT changing, she has infact been the most consistent housemate in terms of her behaviour, attitude, and quirkiness, even her bitchiness against Hazel.

shes been true to her character. she doesnt like hazel, i suspect her comments dont come out of a vacuum, just like callums were in part incited by dexters sly sideswipes.
    I posted here on the night that Gina was evicted and got a great reception that this would be the last time she would leave the house to full on applause. Big brother never really lets a housemate who has come out after a great first stint and gone back in, escape unscathed (Nikki, Nadia, Jade) and I just get the feeling Gina is next.

yes the outcome is entirely dependent upon the way bb/bbbots decide to present each h/m to the public.
    It's a shame but to be expected. It's unusual for a housemate who has been so liked by the public throughout the show, maintain that support right to the end.

its not impossible nor unusual. its about the way bb/bbbots choose to portray any h/m. the public might decide, but they are pretty much directed by bb/bbbots.
    For Gina fans, i think it's going to be hard watching the next few weeks as other housemates get more airtime and gather more and more support. It will be even worse for her of Hazel outstays her in the house.

i dont think it really matters,its a loaded game show.

hazel is needed more than gina, white girls sell more mags than brown girls, hazel is a commercial decision.
    On that point, I think Hazel's turnaround is a whole other thread. I've never seen a housemate so disliked by the public turn it around in such a relatively short space of time. I know shes not "loved" but considering she has been favourite to leave a few times....

hazel hasnt turned anything around, bb gave her free ride for two weeks, they have changed the edits and passed comment about her being a strong woman/business savvy/hardworking and they are using hazels claim to be of the people whilst gina is of the elite.

it is bb that are responsible for changing perceptions.

i suspect that hazel jas been told in a roundabout way to tone down her behaviour,her make up and dress. so that she appears to be more of the victim.

Particularly in a show which we're told is mostly voted for by females. She's gorgeous, she a glamour model, she's not seen as a girl's girl and the general consensus a few weeks ago was that she could steal your boyfriend and with that reasoning could be seen as threatening to the voters. And yet, they chose to evict a man over her on Friday and she is still there with a few weeks left of the show. Unbelievable and fair play to her.

hazel is average looking, has blokeish build compared to gina, has always lived off pushing her breasts into the faces of men who like that kind of thing, she uses,abuses and controls. she has no real empathy towards others, as she has said many times, she views others with contempt, as intellectual dwarves and puerile.

she envious of ginas alleged wealth, the one thing that hazel truly cares about and covets.

her fauxmance failed so now we are being fed an hazel who is a caring sharing hardworking of the people victim of abuse.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiron wrote: »
    It is. ;)

1. You're not the OP they were referring to
    2. Don't speak on my behalf

;)
  • Options
    kalikali Posts: 10,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wendy13 wrote: »
    bbbots sole purpose is not to reflect public opinion but to form public opinion, to change perceptions.

the same is true of the shows, it isnt about reflecting the reality but the reality that bb want you to witness.

its all in the edits, how they choose the audience and how the panel are primed. lets face it most of the panel rants are pretty much rehearsed.

its in the edits. they can depict her in any way they want, from being to bitchy to being demure h/m.

they have sought to change hazels image/perception with superficial changes .. hazel has toned down her makeup and her dress, and they have started to call her strong, good business woman, hardworking, they are now portraying her as the 99% and gina as the 1%. its quite clever by bb/bbbots

shes been true to her character. she doesnt like hazel, i suspect her comments dont come out of a vacuum, just like callums were in part incited by dexters sly sideswipes.

yes the outcome is entirely dependent upon the way bb/bbbots decide to present each h/m to the public.

its not impossible nor unusual. its about the way bb/bbbots choose to portray any h/m. the public might decide, but they are pretty much directed by bb/bbbots.

i dont think it really matters,its a loaded game show.

hazel is needed more than gina, white girls sell more mags than brown girls, hazel is a commercial decision.

hazel hasnt turned anything around, bb gave her free ride for two weeks, they have changed the edits and passed comment about her being a strong woman/business savvy/hardworking and they are using hazels claim to be of the people whilst gina is of the elite.

it is bb that are responsible for changing perceptions.

i suspect that hazel jas been told in a roundabout way to tone down her behaviour,her make up and dress. so that she appears to be more of the victim.

hazel is average looking, has blokeish build compared to gina, has always lived off pushing her breasts into the faces of men who like that kind of thing, she uses,abuses and controls. she has no real empathy towards others, as she has said many times, she views others with contempt, as intellectual dwarves and puerile.

she envious of ginas alleged wealth, the one thing that hazel truly cares about and covets.

her fauxmance failed so now we are being fed an hazel who is a caring sharing hardworking of the people victim of abuse.

Everytime I read these boringly repetitive posts , same thing over and over and over again, I feel sorry for gina (not enough to vote for her :p )

It's not working Wendy, and it's turning people to Hazel