Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    It does make you think...

But in any case, all the DGs (still alive) dating back to when Savile's recorded abuse at the BBC began should be made to account for themselves now. I'd like to think that will be part of the police investigation but I somehow doubt it.

So do I. Good luck ...

Director-General of the BBC

Lieutenant-General Sir Edward Ian Claud Jacob GBE, CB 1952 - 59 (died 1993)
    Sir Hugh Carleton Greene 1960 - 69 (died 1987)
    Sir Charles John Curran 1969 - 77 (died 1980)
    Sir Ian Trethowan 1977 - 82 (died 1990)
  • Options
    overlineoverline Posts: 1,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen DG Entwistle - very evasive, very dismissive. He wasn't aware of this, he wasn't sure of that - as the head of the BBC, he should be aware of everything.

Not his finest hour by any means.

He has only been head of the BBC for about 2 or 3 weeks before this hit the fan. :D
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    Well at least David Cameron released the flippin truth. He is getting practiced at having to do it. Bloody Sunday report. He has yet to release the Iraq war report which is going to be absolutely damning of a certain prime minister / administration. Suspect that is being held so as not to put troops at further risk on the front line. Extraordinary rendition implicating Govt involvement via MI6 in torture. Add on top whatever this is all going to reveal.

Horrendous.
    I'm still waiting for the David Kelly inquest!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    overline wrote: »
    He has only been head of the BBC for about 2 or 3 weeks before this hit the fan. :D
    You obviously never read my post after this had already been mentioned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the David Kelly inquest!

Another can of worms!
  • Options
    JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    The only thing i've heard him say is a lot of nervous celebs have been ringing him up.

so he hasnt said if he has head the rumours in the past? so many others in the industry are now saying they heard stuff. No doubt Max must have heard stuff with his connections but its probably best for him to stay quiet on it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o729/andytrix1/article-0-157495AA000005DC-286_634x433_zps95464060.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img99/9411/jsid.jpg

Why does his pass say ''Al Pacino'' on it? Remember how he referred to himself as ''the Godfather'' sometimes? Can anyone read what the other pass says? :confused:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    So do I. Good luck ...

Director-General of the BBC

Lieutenant-General Sir Edward Ian Claud Jacob GBE, CB 1952 - 59 (died 1993)
    Sir Hugh Carleton Greene 1960 - 69 (died 1987)
    Sir Charles John Curran 1969 - 77 (died 1980)
    Sir Ian Trethowan 1977 - 82 (died 1990)

Oops. :D That still leaves 4. And includes Mark Thompson, the DG responsible for the JS tribute progs on the Beeb last Christmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    so he hasnt said if he has head the rumours in the past? so many others in the industry are now saying they heard stuff. No doubt Max must have heard stuff with his connections but its probably best for him to stay quiet on it.

I haven't personally heard him talk about it apart from that one comment about a lot of people ringing him up. Other people may have seen more though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The evil of Jimmy Savile was not his alone
    It is a mistake to regard the presenter's horrific case as a one-off. It is a numbingly familiar tale of power and disbelief

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/12/evil-jimmy-savile-not-alone
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have I Got News for You talking about the fake transcript. It was fake. However he was creepy on the show. Hislop asked him what he did in his motorhome/caravan and Savile replied 'Anyone I can get my hands on'. :(
  • Options
    LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talking about it on HIGNFY now....

Clare Balding just put the boot into the DM, ably assisted by Graham Linehan.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're talking about him on Have I Got News For You right now, and actually being quite serious to begin with. Paul Merton again confirming that the so called leaked transcript involving Savilles appearance on the show was a fake, but people still claim to have seen it on tv.
  • Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I'll PM you, but I regret posting them to be honest. They were five names listed in a Popbitch email, but no actual rumours or evidence, just names.

Could you PM me.. if thats ok. just out of interest. Thanks
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A genuine question, but what kind of timescale do people here believe we might be looking at, with regards officially making public the latest name/s of alleged perpetrators of sexual abuse? How exactly do they ascertain this? If alive, which I gather they are - presumably they are taken in for questioning, but then it would have to go to court?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    Could you PM me.. if thats ok. just out of interest. Thanks

I wouldn't trust that site.

I'm not saying it isn't true, there could be one or two names in that list who were involved, but I would take it with a pinch of salt if I was you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening standard confirms a 4th celebrity is accused. Also more victims have come forward, that haven'r (as yet) gone to the police.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/fourth-celebrity-is-accused-in-jimmy-savile-child-sex-scandal-8207057.html
  • Options
    overlineoverline Posts: 1,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved how the HIGNFY team had a right old go at the Daily Mail's hypocrisy, not exactly comedy gold stuff, but very true & justly deserved. :cool:
  • Options
    smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ava_belle wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust that site.

I'm not saying it isn't true, there could be one or two names in that list who were involved, but I would take it with a pinch of salt if I was you.

ok sure.. thanks understand :)
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC very defensive there on HIGNFY and lampooning the Daily Mail. Very clearly instructed on what they are to say.
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to puke every time they show that same clip of JS on TV in his shorts gyrating his hips next to that bed. Nick Clegg talked about whether it was the 'culture' of the day - but I really don't think stalking children's wards and mental homes looking for prey had anything to do with the 'culture' of the day. Maybe he's just referring to the stuff that went on at the BBC because to talk about the 'other' stuff he did is just too macabre.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aidan11 wrote: »
    Looking at other sites for clues as to the other people's identities and the names that seem to be mentioned all involve either known or alleged homosexuals.

Why do people think a homosexual is automatically a paedophile and vice versa?

Did they not watch the episode of South Park where Big Gay Al was in charge of the scout troop?
    No idea, why don't you ask them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been posted yet, but here is an extract from Jerry Sadowitz 1988 album Gobshite, which was withdrawn, due to fears it libelled Saville:

http://www.popbitch.com/home/2012/10/11/psychic-sadowitz-on-jimmy-savile/ (contains profanity.)

Just remembered i forgot to post this, Sadowitz appeared on Stewart Lee's comedy Vehicle a couple of years ago. It was in the episode on Religion. A long segment related to the Pope led into a Jim'll Fix it spoof (i wonder what the connection was there, especially as it was Jerry Sadowitz that played the character). Probably just a random coincidence that Paul Merton also appeared on the same show. Anyway, here it is cued up at the right time for the relevant clip, you may want to skip back a bit though, you dont need to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JeuDI-6c9fs#t=613s
This discussion has been closed.