just visited KFC or kentucky as i know it

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keith1 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I was quite supprised to learn that most chicken came to the UK, prepared from Brazil.
    Just thawed out & reheated.:eek:
    Excuse me for thinking everything was fresh.:rolleyes:

I thought it came from thailand.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    That implies that they actually have some taste!

I find them tasteless but they're OK with a bit of salt and a lot of BBQ sauce or ketchup.

I've noticed they have stopped salting the fries.
  • Options
    n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May be its just me but when I go to McDonalds or BK the food is pretty consistent, it always taste the same, KFC however fries can be under cooked, coke can be flat, burger buns can be stale, burgers can be cold, and 9 times out of 10 they forget something on your order or bugger it up.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    n1guy wrote: »
    May be its just me but when I go to McDonalds or BK the food is pretty consistent, it always taste the same, KFC however fries can be under cooked, coke can be flat, burger buns can be stale, burgers can be cold, and 9 times out of 10 they forget something on your order or bugger it up.
    I've had that at all three.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that you guys get fries (hehehe chips) with Chinese food, when a friend told me that, I was like really? She said ohh yeah chips come with everything.

We call the fries too you know when you go to a fast food restaurant LOL! Chips are much thicker and shaped like fries. You have Chips with Fish. It's our national dish LOL! I have never met anyone that has Chips with Chinese food! :eek:
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    We call the fries too you know when you go to a fast food restaurant LOL! Chips are much thicker and shaped like fries. You have Chips with Fish. It's our national dish LOL! I have never met anyone that has Chips with Chinese food! :eek:

When they come from a Chinese restaurant they tend to be chips not fries, they are disgusting in my opinion too :)
  • Options
    route 101route 101 Posts: 320
    Forum Member

Yes at KFC mostly but at BK aswell.
    Least at McDonalds they are the most consistent.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,112
    Forum Member
    gerr60 wrote: »
    I thought it came from thailand.

The chicken is from the UK. There is no doubt on that issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »

You've never met anyone? I don't think you've tried hard enough, I always have chips with my Chinese.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've never met anyone? I don't think you've tried hard enough, I always have chips with my Chinese.

Yeah I love chips and gravy from the Chinese, maybe a chicken ball or two as well on top, perfect after a night on the beers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trouble is you need about 10 sachets of them BQQ Sauce with the fries or Chicken.
  • Options
    Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fast left wrote: »
    i must say i think they need to back off on the mountains of fry's they generously give you! the fork/spoon combo struggles to stab and hold one of the many many fries i had to choose from ! next is the mini corn on the cob.is there a course you need to go on to get the thing open ? lastly the menu has got enormous and hard to know what's what with all the daft names.takes longer to read it and make a choice than to eat it. trying too hard kentucky.see you in 6 months maybe.rant over :(

They have Chicken. You know what else they got, they got chicken.
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    route 101 wrote: »
    Trouble is you need about 10 sachets of them BQQ Sauce with the fries or Chicken.

Thats why I buy the gravy when I get a KFC apart from I like the gravy it saves having to get lots of sauce sachets as well although none of the KFCs I have gone to have ever charged me for them.

I don't think chips with a chinese is that out there either although its not my personal first choice I have had it on occasion but not everyone likes rice or noodles my mum didn't but she liked other things from the chinese so she would get whatever she wanted and have chips with it. I wouldn't order chips and rice together though and asides my old chinese did the best chips even better than the local chippies were.

Back on topic I still don't get the complaint about too much value for money when the usual complaint is not enough value for money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Thats why I buy the gravy when I get a KFC apart from I like the gravy it saves having to get lots of sauce sachets as well although none of the KFCs I have gone to have ever charged me for them.

I don't think chips with a chinese is that out there either although its not my personal first choice I have had it on occasion but not everyone likes rice or noodles my mum didn't but she liked other things from the chinese so she would get whatever she wanted and have chips with it. I wouldn't order chips and rice together though and asides my old chinese did the best chips even better than the local chippies were.

Back on topic I still don't get the complaint about too much value for money when the usual complaint is not enough value for money.

KFC need to get tubs of the BQQ sauce . I know its not the end of the world.:p
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    forgot about this post :) obviously i meant you get such a small amount of fries :)
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the chicken and the gravy but it always disappoints me when the chicken is mostly those wing things. They're the most rubbish peices of chicken ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We called into KFC today when out and about, with that heat we weren't overly hungry just wanted something small and cheap to take the edge of hunger.

For me, mrs and 3 kids we ordered.

2 x Large Popcorn chicken
    1 x Large Coke
    1 x Snackbox
    1 x Kiddies meal
    2 x Fruit shoots

How much did it cost? £17.50, I said that can't be right can it, they check it again yes it was right.

We had went to McDonalds a few weeks back and had a nephew with us, for 2 Big Mac meals and 4 kiddies meals it came to £18, I mean today we didn't even have meals, £17.50 for what is essentially processed crap.

Home now and am hungry.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We called into KFC today when out and about, with that heat we weren't overly hungry just wanted something small and cheap to take the edge of hunger.

1 x Large Coke
    1 x Snackbox
    1 x Kiddies meal
    2 x Fruit shoots

How much did it cost? £17.50, I said that can't be right can it, they check it again yes it was right.

We had went to McDonalds a few weeks back and had a nephew with us, for 2 Big Mac meals and 4 kiddies meals it came to £18, I mean today we didn't even have meals, £17.50 for what is essentially processed crap.

Home now and am hungry.

You are better off ordering the buckets and a bottle of drink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    You are better off ordering the buckets and a bottle of drink.

We would of been but thought it wasn't gonna be that expensive for all we had.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I know fast food chains are handy but if you're going to order that much you can usually get one of the meal deals from a local takeaway for £10-£12.
  • Options
    Forum Member

1 x Large Coke
    1 x Snackbox
    1 x Kiddies meal
    2 x Fruit shoots

Home now and am hungry.

Was that at a normal KFC or a service station one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that at a normal KFC or a service station one?

No a normal one
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree with everthing you said, especially the buggering up bit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No a normal one

Expensive. Although my McDonalds on Saturday was surprisingly expensive as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried kfc today, had boneless meal, chicken was ok but fries were yuk! couldnt eat them, i think fries should be cooked to order.