Options

Those who disagree/mock Denise Fergus are wrong.

Comments

• Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe some of the things I'm reading in this thread.

I'm out.

You chose to start a thread, not withstanding there was already one on this subject, on a highly emotive subject then throw your toys out of the pram because not everyone shares your opinion.
    It would have been easier to have posted your opinion in the other thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe some of the things I'm reading in this thread.

I'm out.

Well to be fair you created a thread on a pretty controversial topic that many people have strong opinions about.

what did you expect, everyone just to say "Yes, I agree" ?.

If you do not like people disagreeing with an opinion you hold strongly then perhaps stick to threads about Tesco deliveries.
  • Options
    jaceylaceyjaceylacey Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And how is that helpful in the grand scheme of things?

The judge named them AFTER they were found guilty, as they do with any child who has committed a serious crime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Of course. But what's not black and white about two evil individuals torturing a child endlessly and then murdering him?

They either did or didn't do that. And they did.

But the circumstances weren't that of an average murder case.
  • Options
    Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    As someone with a great deal of experience in helping people cope (as you put it) - I would venture to suggest that feeling bitter 20 years on means she has not/is not coping and/or has not had the right help to do so.
    Being continually asked to comment by the scumedia definitely is not helping her.

Would you be able to stand face to face with her and say that.?
  • Options
    humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Denise Fergus, I don't think anyone has the right to judge or criticize really, or to suggest what she should or shouldn't do - until they have walked a mile in her shoes - and, let's face it, who on earth will put their hand up in offer to do that..?

And I also think debate about the child killers, kept calm and reasonable is a good thing, it is something very worthy of discussion however, some decorum should be utilised today of all days - the 20th anniversary of the horrific death of a toddler.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaceylacey wrote: »
    Just like Lesley Ann Downeys mum.

She had a lot to cope with and no mistake, but what was she campaigning for? Both killers got full life tariffs, and the family seem now to be campaigning for Brady not to be allowed to die.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »

Okay fair enough. Let's all *try* and grasp the fact they were 10 years old when they committed this act that is inhumane. They were children themselves, I get it.

But now they are not, and one of them in particular has broken the law yet again (several times, right?) by downloading what is thought to have been hundreds of indecent images of children.

Like Denise said, her family do not know what Jon Venables (inparticular) looks like now so if he's under a new identity in Liverpool, he knows them but they do not know him. Surely given his mental state this is a dangerous thing alone?
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    Not "flouncing" at all. I just cannot understand how some people are making excuses (for a better word) against two cold blooded (and calculating) killers! Evil of the very most.

Regarding a post about how it would be a "sad day" if hanging 10 year old's was enforced. Of course I do not wish for that. Serving a life means life sentence would do.

Have you been a parent to a 10 year old?
    How can you possibly say that they were cold blooded and calculating?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »

How were the circs different?
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not "flouncing" at all. I just cannot understand how some people are making excuses (for a better word) against two cold blooded (and calculating) killers! Evil of the very most.

Regarding a post about how it would be a "sad day" if hanging 10 year old's was enforced. Of course I do not wish for that. Serving a life means life sentence would do.

No one is making excuses for them at all. What they did was incomprehensible, but they were two very damaged and for want of a better word ****ed up young boys. There are plenty of articles online about their backgrounds, look them up. They were a product of their dysfunctional and abusive upbringings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ada Rabble wrote: »
    Would you be able to stand face to face with her and say that.?

Yes, yes and yes

My heart goes out to someone who lives with that much pain and YES I would say that to her and then hope to be able to help her minimise it so that she can live.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Although not directed at me.
    Can I butt in and say, I've tried polite but certain posters like to rile, however its said

I'm sorry but I have to say this. One of the very few posters who 'like to rile' is you.

I think you simply interpret people having a differing opinion as 'liking to rile'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay fair enough. Let's all *try* and grasp the fact they were 10 years old when they committed this act that is inhumane. They were children themselves, I get it.

But now they are not, and one of them in particular has broken the law yet again (several times, right?) by downloading what is thought to have been hundreds of indecent images of children.

Like Denise said, her family do not know what Jon Venables (inparticular) looks like now so if he's under a new identity in Liverpool, he knows them but they do not know him. Surely given his mental state this is a dangerous thing alone?

He isn't out yet.

But even if he was released (which isn't cut and dried) he will very likely be banned from entering Liverpool, and will be under probably a much stricter probation and monitoring regime than previously. If he does go back to Liverpool I would think he'd be breaking his parole and will go back to jail, and quite rightly so.

And no one is making excuses. That accusation always gets used when someone really doesn't like other people disagreeing with them. Perhaps quote posts where someone is making excuses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaceylacey wrote: »
    The judge named them AFTER they were found guilty, as they do with any child who has committed a serious crime.
    Of course they don't. The Mary Bell order (an injunction preventing identification) was introduced for that exact purpose: to allow a child perpetrator to serve their sentence then start life anonymously afterwards.
    humdrummer wrote: »
    Regarding Denise Fergus, I don't think anyone has the right to judge or criticize really, or to suggest what she should or shouldn't do - until they have walked a mile in her shoes - and, let's face it, who on earth will put their hand up in offer to do that..?
    I think the thrust of those questioning Denise's actions is that she is hurting herself and her children, not that she is morally wrong. I am sure everyone feels extremely sorry for her. And it is surely the press who are being blamed for constantly inviting her to relive the events in order to sell papers, not Denise herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Speaking instead,again,excuse me.
    I've been 10 , I friends who are 10,have had kids of 10years of age nephews nieces of 10. I work in a school with 10 year olds.
    What exactly are you trying to say by that?
  • Options
    Forum Member

You are privy to his mental state then?
    And as for him living in Liverpool - no chance on this earth!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because they thought out (even drew out) a plan to murder a child? :confused:
    No one is making excuses for them at all. What they did was incomprehensible, but they were two very damaged and for want of a better word ****ed up young boys. There are plenty of articles online about their backgrounds, look them up. They were a product of their dysfunctional and abusive upbringings.

There are plenty of damaged people in the world from one circumstance or another. Denise Fergus possibly now being one of them after the horrific ordeal she has suffered. Do any of these go out murdering people? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had a lot to cope with and no mistake, but what was she campaigning for? Both killers got full life tariffs, and the family seem now to be campaigning for Brady not to be allowed to die.

Myra Hindley was always applying for parole....and dopey people like Lord Longford sided with her.

I remember Lesley's mum saying she would be waiting outside the prison if Hindley got released,...and I reckon she would have done.

I don't blame her either...I would still want revenge if that was my child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been 10 , I friends who are 10,have had kids of 10years of age nephews nieces of 10. I work in a school with 10 year olds.

That all 10 years at some point have murdered someone obviously :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course they don't. The Mary Bell order (an injunction preventing identification) was introduced for that exact purpose: to allow a child perpetrator to serve their sentence then start life anonymously afterwards.

I think the thrust of those questioning Denise's actions is that she is hurting herself and her children, not that she is morally wrong. I am sure everyone feels extremely sorry for her. And it is surely the press who are being blamed for constantly inviting her to relive the events in order to sell papers, not Denise herself.

Absolutely. It seems every time there is a child protection issue, or a major crime involving children, the papers run to her for a quote and an interview.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That a 10 year old is a child and if you can identify one that you know who is cold blooded and calculating, then I'd be amazed.
    Oh and my post was a response to tracy and not yourself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only cold blooded and calculating killers could have done what they did...and then go home for their tea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That all 10 years at some point have murdered someone obviously :rolleyes:

Complete emotive rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but I have to say this. One of the very few posters who 'like to rile' is you.

I think you simply interpret people having a differing opinion as 'liking to rile'.

Ok,if you say so

The irony is amusing though
This discussion has been closed.