Options

Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food - Mondays BBC2 8:30pm

Comments

• Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Keith Floyd's on Food Network Sky 262 today - Far Flung Floyd and Floyd on Italy :) I loved him, he was mad, eccentric and funny, passionate about food and you could tell he loved travelling to all those different places in his shows. He got right in with the locals and was always entertaining. I thought you could always replicate his recipes, they didn't seem difficult. Loved the Two Fat Ladies as well!

Keith Floyd was great - I loved him too :D Wish some more of his old shows could turn up on Freeview :)
    I loved the Far Flung Floyd show as well. Remember the clip from Floyd on France (I think) where he had to cook a scrambled egg dish in France, and the old lady with him basically said "This is rubbish" :D
    I liked how he really cooked for the locals and their families rather than just his "mates" or something. And he really seemed to enjoy visiting all the different countries.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Keith Floyd was great - I loved him too :D Wish some more of his old shows could turn up on Freeview :)

Food Network is on Freeview - channel 41.

Floyd on Italy is on tomorrow morning at 10.30.

Personally, I'm addicted to The Barefoot Contessa on Food Network - I don't know why I am, as she uses so much butter and cream, stuff I don't touch. No wonder she's a bit....plump, shall we say. :)
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    I loved the Far Flung Floyd show as well. Remember the clip from Floyd on France (I think) where he had to cook a scrambled egg dish in France, and the old lady with him basically said "This is rubbish" :D
    I liked how he really cooked for the locals and their families rather than just his "mates" or something. And he really seemed to enjoy visiting all the different countries.

Yes, totally agree! I remember seeing an episode repeated a month or two ago on one of the food channels where he was cooking outside and some lads were playing football and kept hitting him and his table with the ball. He just laughed and carried on through it :D Can't imagine other chefs being like that, they'd probably insist on having them moved on! Gordon Ramsay would be f****ing and *¥€>$* :D

Good news for you, I noticed a thread on the Broadcasting section of DS about BBC2 shaking up their daytime schedule starting on the 7th Oct and Far Flung Floyd is going to be on! It's down as being on at 2.45pm but probably best to check nearer the time :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you both very much! :) Will try to catch those!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    As has been mentioned Floyd is current;y on Food Network. They must have struck a deal as they're showing loads of his stuff.

Another classic moment was him cooking for a rubgy club? and when presenting the fishinsed dish on a platter falling over and leaving it all on the floor :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Food Network is on Freeview - channel 41.

Floyd on Italy is on tomorrow morning at 10.30.

Personally, I'm addicted to The Barefoot Contessa on Food Network - I don't know why I am, as she uses so much butter and cream, stuff I don't touch. No wonder she's a bit....plump, shall we say. :)

I like watching Ina Garten too. She loves to cook for Jeffrey ;)

For fans of Valentine Warner, I've noticed he's got a series on the Good Food channel called Valentine Warner Eats Scandinavia weekdays 4pm (5pm +1) I like watching him cooking :) Sorry to carry on off topic :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like watching Ina Garten too. She loves to cook for Jeffrey ;)

For fans of Valentine Warner, I've noticed he's got a series on the Good Food channel called Valentine Warner Eats Scandinavia weekdays 4pm (5pm +1) I like watching him cooking :) Sorry to carry on off topic :o

I'm a bit in love with Jeffrey. He's so sweet. I love the corny bits where she cooks something "special" for him and he keeps saying how gorgeous her food is. I wonder if they ever talk about anything else. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit in love with Jeffrey. He's so sweet. I love the corny bits where she cooks something "special" for him and he keeps saying how gorgeous her food is. I wonder if they ever talk about anything else. :)

Ooh you old romantic you :D I find it a bit icky myself, but when you've got a boyfriend who's about as romantic as a brick you sort of snap out of any romantic notions you may have had years ago :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    As has been mentioned Floyd is current;y on Food Network. They must have struck a deal as they're showing loads of his stuff.

Another classic moment was him cooking for a rubgy club? and when presenting the fishinsed dish on a platter falling over and leaving it all on the floor :D

I remember that scene - classic moment and very funny :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of lamb with boulangere potatoes but how do you do that for 1? :D

You could make it with a. Lamb shank
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh you old romantic you :D I find it a bit icky myself, but when you've got a boyfriend who's about as romantic as a brick you sort of snap out of any romantic notions you may have had years ago :D

Been there, done that....I have to get my romance vicariously these days. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Been there, done that....I have to get my romance vicariously these days. ;):D

:D I can see Jeffrey would have some appeal then
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And therefore the Stranglers are getting loads more PRS money for Peaches...
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,967
    Forum Member
    pwuz wrote: »
    We are in a country where the NHS is collapsing mainly due to the rise lifestyle problems, ie eating too much and not moving enough. The state funded broadcaster is financing showing a show where someone 50% overweight is showing people how to cook really unhealthy food?

You sound like a fun person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Love this show and lucky enough to be going to Tom's restaurant in June. Had to book a year ahead to get in.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You shouldn't have to book to eat in a pub ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You shouldn't have to book to eat in a pub ;)

Some pub though isn't it?
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Didn't watch more than the first recipe
    Then how can you criticise the programme?
    Should be illegal for the state broadcaster to show any recipe that is void of vegetables (potatoes and onion do not count).
    No Great British Bake Off then? Or Saturday Kitchen for the matter. Is it only when the chef's overweight it's a problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HI all.. just about to come on air.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, come over for some proper cooking from a proper cook :D Just watched Jaimie's Money Saving and I would love to know how he costs up his stuff..cos it definately isn't cheap..lol
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening :)
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now this guy does proper hearty cooking. :D
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    He's so nice and not nasty at all that's why he called a poor innocent bloke a c*** on Twitter!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British take on Adam Richman territory;..