Options

Media reaction to Jade Goody/Max Clifford

Comments

• Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    Mzstake wrote: »
    I am a little confused now. Are you saying the press know that the children are not being looked after properly and are not printing stories about it? Or in your opinion Jade is not being a good mother.

This is quite interesting, funny what you find on the web.

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/helpandadvice/yourfamily/aztopics/celebrityparentstellall_wda36671.html

Btw - its not directly linked to the children being in the media but interesting all the same.

Yes it is interesting because it confirms to me that Jade is not the struggling single mother that has been portrayed in recent media (now magazine for example) and that Jeff is always on hand to look after the children (as was shown, when she went into the Marsden) when required.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    mmcd wrote: »
    Yes it is interesting because it confirms to me that Jade is not the struggling single mother that has been portrayed in recent media (now magazine for example) and that Jeff is always on hand to look after the children (as was shown, when she went into the Marsden) when required.

I thought that too, although it doesn't say if he supports the children but it also takes away the worry about the children being dumped by the wayside when Jade went to India.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmcd wrote: »

The thing that confuses me is that Jade was told (so we are led to believe) That she had three months to live if she did not start treatment. That was back in August, we are noe into October. OK she has had (so she says) an eight hour hysterectomy. Is there any evidence that she has started any treatment? This story does not add up and I think I am joining the other sceptics on this forum re- Jade.:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mzstake wrote: »
    I thought that too, although it doesn't say if he supports the children but it also takes away the worry about the children being dumped by the wayside when Jade went to India.

I've never had the impression that they were dumped by the wayside but I do believe that Jade's career does come first with her. Whether that is right or wrong is a matter of opinion.
  • Options
    LiL MisS CooLLiL MisS CooL Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    How can you be embarrassed on a forum? No one knows who you are:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Because I'm a person at the end of the day, Croissant Lover has embarrased me by chucking accusations at me which is really unfair when they've no evidence to back up what they are saying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing that confuses me is that Jade was told (so we are led to believe) That she had three months to live if she did not start treatment. That was back in August, we are noe into October. OK she has had (so she says) an eight hour hysterectomy. Is there any evidence that she has started any treatment? This story does not add up and I think I am joining the other sceptics on this forum re- Jade.:confused::confused:

removed double post
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think that that was just more exaggeration by the Goody crew. We have had so many more life expectancy predictions from them since then it's no wonder we are all confused. I think Jade's life expectancy is as good as the rest of us in that, thankfully, no one knows exactly when we are going to die.
  • Options
    skinrayskinray Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This story does not add up and I think I am joining the other sceptics on this forum re- jade.:confused::confused:

Welcome to the real world! :)
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skinray wrote: »
    Welcome to the real world! :)

Thanks! But I do feel very sorry for the people who really do have cancer and are struggling to cope with the reality of having this awful illness. And then Jade pops up with terminal cancer and an amazing recovery from an eight hour operation . Driving , lifting and looking very fit. It makes my blood boil if this whole story is a scam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why would she lie about cancer when she would know the backlash she would get if it turned out she was lying? I don't understand you forum posters :confused:

It's obvious shes hated by most in Britain but she's trying to win the public round so why in gods name would she lie about this? It wont do her any favours...

Also why would she put her boys through that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Because I'm a person at the end of the day, Croissant Lover has embarrased me by chucking accusations at me which is really unfair when they've no evidence to back up what they are saying.

I would suggest you grow a thicker skin if you're to survive on these forums!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would suggest you grow a thicker skin if you're to survive on these forums!

Because of the amount of bullying you mean? Well it shouldn't be allowed.

I shouldn't have to grow a thicker skin people should be nice to one another and respect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    Why would she lie about cancer when she would know the backlash she would get if it turned out she was lying? I don't understand you forum posters :confused:

It's obvious shes hated by most in Britain but she's trying to win the public round so why in gods name would she lie about this? It wont do her any favours...

Also why would she put her boys through that?

She wouldn't exactly.
  • Options
    capricecaprice Posts: 16,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh 3000 views just whilst I was at the shops! Do you think Max Clifford in one of the readers?!

I see Goody is advertised to appear in panto from WEDNESDAY 17TH DECEMBER 2008 - SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY :rolleyes:

http://www.theatreroyallincoln.com/01_show_33.shtml
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She wouldn't exactly.

How can you prove that statement, do you have any concrete evidence? You tell us detractors off for daring to suggest that she is less than whiter than white.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caprice wrote: »
    Gosh 3000 views just whilst I was at the shops! Do you think Max Clifford in one of the readers?!

I see Goody is advertised to appear in panto from WEDNESDAY 17TH DECEMBER 2008 - SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY :rolleyes:

Oh God! now there is an ideal present for someone you really hate. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thing I don't understand is why isn't she updating her MySpace for her fans? It is if she has distanced herself from any diagnosis! She went on about having a womb half full of tumour and then... nothing except her out and about looking fit and well. Very odd!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God! now there is an ideal present for someone you really hate. ;)

:D

How can she be doing that during her year of chemo? She might not be as fit as after her 8 hour op... The chemo might make her feel a eensy bit sick or something... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caprice wrote: »

In the middle of debilitating chemo and radiotherapy.

Well, what can one say... I'm sure the same people that explained to us how pushing trolleys or lifting bags with shopping was either made up by the media or is not too strenuous after an 8-hour radical hysterectomy - I'm sure those same posters will be along shortly to explain how it's not actually happening, or if it's happening, how it's entirely feasible to have rehearsals and stage performances while still undergoing chemo. Yup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to ring the theatre and see whether she is appearing....

hang on...

ETA Yes, tickets are on sale now (anyone want?!) and the panto is featuring Jade Goody.

It is on the front page of the theatre site also just noticed, under COMING SOON:

http://www.theatreroyallincoln.com/index.shtml
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because of the amount of bullying you mean? Well it shouldn't be allowed.

I shouldn't have to grow a thicker skin people should be nice to one another and respect.

Just because some of us dare to disagree with you that is not bullying. If this upsets you then you are going to find it very tough getting through life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just because some of us dare to disagree with you that is not bullying. If this upsets you then you are going to find it very tough getting through life.

Well I disagree because I've seen people on this forum attacking other's personally.
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    I've often wondered why Max does many things, not just relating to Jade.

He'll know what is being said on forums etc yet instead of saying to Jade, stay indoors, have your food delivered, let Jeff take the kids to school etc, he is still agreeing for her to be out and about to get papped.

If she were my client, I would indeed tell her she should stay silent whilst she recovers and then she could do an "exclusive" interview how ever long later once hopefully recovered, she'd sure get more public sympathy.

On the other hand, if this was all made up and she was my client, I would have her leaving the hospital in a wheelchair (as we probably expected), and have her again remain out of sight incase the slightest thing gave her away. Then bring her back for the interview which would possibly revive her "career", either way Max isn't being very clever, I do sometimes wonder if he does it on purpose.

Also I have to argue that I bet over half of these so called interviews or quotes are made up anyway and not necessarily from her mouth.

I thought the same thing - but now that I've seen that she is appearing in Panto as early as December I honestly thinks it's part of their gameplan to show Jade have made a wonderful recovery in order to be fit enough to take on the gruelling publicity challenge that lies ahead over the next few months. I guess they just think that the general public is naive enough to think that someone who has had a major operation, stage 3 cancer, limited life expectancy, and undergoing chemo and radiotherapy would be fit enough to do all these things. Well we shall see :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long does it take to rehearse for panto, anyone know?
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was daft enough to email the Theatre Royal in Lincoln the other day to ask about Jade's appearance in the panto and received the following reply:
    With regard to your recent enquiry about Jade Goody's appearance in this year's pantomime: Ms Goody's representatives have told us that, at this point in time, she still intends to perform in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - but this is dependent upon how current health issues develop.

Regards,

Marketing Manager
This discussion has been closed.