SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so everyone agree the screen freezes?
  • Options
    WhovianWhovian Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did he need both cameras? I can't remember seeing any shots from the wide shot camera.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willo30 wrote: »
    The clue was in the statement that he could not give the result before the bbc meaning that the draw had already taken place and he had the exact numbers on the balls.

That's not right either. That would implicate the BBC and have more widespread ramifications.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They always use a white glove and dream number always comes before the main draw. Easily scripted.
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    He doesn't. He just reorders them but they're the same numbers.

when?
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willo30 wrote: »
    The clue was in the statement that he could not give the result before the bbc meaning that the draw had already taken place and he had the exact numbers on the balls.

So the time delay is crucial then. It must be..

Because the live draw could not have pre-recorded for huge legal reasons.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Is it possible he could have pre-recorded a show for every possible outcome (over the course of the year) then just made sure the right video out of the thousands he made, was shown?
    It's possible, but how would he know which version of the show to broadcast on C4? Picking the version of the show that includes the right numbers is equivalent to picking the right numbers.
  • Options
    ellie1167ellie1167 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Tardis trick.

It may even be up on youtube.

The only Tardis trick I remember was not by Derren but by the Real Hustle team though not for that programme...it was some sort of special thingy on BBC1. Guess the split screen theory is right though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »
    But how do we do that at home>>>>??????

He's not ACTUALLY going to tell us that. He'll make it out to be something else!
  • Options
    Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    sat12345 wrote: »
    This is how I think its done:

Right side of the screen is live, left is still and a static pic, the numbers are written on the balls then the whole picture goes live for him to reveal the balls.

On Firday the second camera will show this.

Simple if you think about it, well kind of.

but how "can we do it too"?
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    gizzy77 wrote: »
    I dont get all this "it's not his style".

He's an illusionist. His job is to misdirect people. He is brilliant at it. If he has you thinking it's not his style he is doing his job very very well.

By that, people mean, it will be a clever explanation.

Anyone with a ton of cash could buy special balls with lcd screens on them.

Derren has always been more unusual and clever with his tricks. There's no way it'll be something as simple as that because that would be crap and not impressive at all.
  • Options
    BlocFFCBlocFFC Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Furthermore, if he had a statistical forumla, the BBC and Camelot would not allow this to go ahead because of the fact everyone would win.

Anyone believing he has a statistical formula is wrong.
  • Options
    Shirt SlicerShirt Slicer Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either way, that video is all one shot and live. The answer has to be much more devious than this
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that really struck me watching this for the second time on Youtube is how he has his hand over his mouth the whole time when he's watching the Lottery draw.

Because the first time I was watching it, I thought the hand over his mouth was because he'd got the numbers wrong, or he was bluffing - and it sort of fitted in with his nervous act.

But is there anyway he could be speaking into his hand and somehow transmitting that number to the balls? Or maybe he has a remote control in his hand?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellie1167 wrote: »
    The only Tardis trick I remember was not by Derren but by the Real Hustle team though not for that programme...it was some sort of special thingy on BBC1. Guess the split screen theory is right though.

Yeah, it might have been called How Do They Do That?

Something like that, anyway.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derren has always been more unusual and clever with his tricks. There's no way it'll be something as simple as that because that would be crap and not impressive at all.

No the difference is Derren takes simple and makes it amazing. Anyone who has been to his live shows and read forums afterwards knows a lot of his stage tricks are simple magic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to work out if there's a significance of him covering his mouth under the pretence of being nervous during the announcement of the balls, he removes it after the last lotto ball, instead he could be talking, but to who and why?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By that, people mean, it will be a clever explanation.

Anyone with a ton of cash could buy special balls with lcd screens on them.

Jeez people, do you think he will reveal the REAL way he did it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He says in the ads 4 HIGHLY COMPLEX events of misdirection. Is it just me or is camera freezing and time delaying and printing numbers are not HIGHLY COMPLEX forms of misdirection. When the friday show a lot of people may be kicking themselves for seeing how simple it was or maybe not.

WHY CANT YOU JUST ADMIT IT WAS A GOOD TRICK EVEN IF THE CAMERA WAS FROZEN THEY CERTAINLY MADE IT SEEM LIKE IT WASNT
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    It's possible, but how would he know which version of the show to broadcast on C4? Picking the version of the show that includes the right numbers is equivalent to picking the right numbers.

Good point. I actually thought of that major flaw as I was writing it, but thought I'd put it anyway since it's the best I can do :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have solved it, everyone read my post above then watch the Youtube clip. He changed the numbers when he reordered them.

I just watched it again. He doesn't change anything.
  • Options
    notnek01notnek01 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    All these technological theories would require quite a lot of people to pull off and all of these people would know how the trick is done.

Even if everyone was payed to keep their mouths shut, it's still very risky...*

*This is assuming he won't offer a technological explanation on Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jeez people, do you think he will reveal the REAL way he did it?

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Either way, none of us will know ;)
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,357
    Forum Member
    He's not ACTUALLY going to tell us that. He'll make it out to be something else!

:( But I neeeeeeeeed to:p
  • Options
    paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impressive but I have no idea how he did it.

I thought split screens at first but maybe that's too simple.
This discussion has been closed.