Options

Coach Trip 5 (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiorina161 wrote: »
    was nosing about on fb, and came across Kim from Series 4...

apparently she's no longer with ole' Gary!

I remember reading that Ivor and Andrea were no longer together either; think there's some kind of curse surrounding the show? ;)

I cant even remember who Kim is :confused::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Just saw one comment on the second group "Fanny and Tranny". Who COULD he be referring to? :rolleyes:

Oh the term Fanny and Tranny are bandied about quite a lot on there.......or Fanny and Manny.......
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant even remember who Kim is :confused::eek:

her husband wore the cowboy hat, played the guitar, they were given the red after 3 days in a vote that culminated in the classic "that's disgusting! how dare you" from ole' Charlie. :D

she also cried after being voted off?... I felt a bit sorry for her...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    her husband wore the cowboy hat, played the guitar, they were given the red after 3 days in a vote that culminated in the classic "that's disgusting! how dare you" from ole' Charlie. :D

she also cried after being voted off?... I felt a bit sorry for her...

Were they the couple that got into an argument with Jayson?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UOTE=BirthdayGirl;44529789]Were they the couple that got into an argument with Jayson?[/QUOTE]

Jayson was long gone by then. They had the argument with the two dipsticks known as N and R. Don't want to mention their names:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ebahgum wrote: »
    UOTE=BirthdayGirl;44529789]Were they the couple that got into an argument with Jayson?

Jayson was long gone by then. They had the argument with the two dipsticks known as N and R. Don't want to mention their names:eek::eek:[/QUOTE]

My memory is bad. Still cant place them :o

...and get back to the decorating! Anita wont be happy :p

Edit: Just had a lightbulb moment....I DO remember them. I was getting my Nathan's muddled up with my Jayson's...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, Kayleigh and Helena are fairly new and therefore dont know the other couples as well as some.

The aim of the game is to "vote off the couple you least like travelling with"......hence their vote!

How was their vote against A&N shot to pieces? They told it like they saw it....that they thought A&N were fake.

...but what if you dont dislike anyone? hence the tactical vote! its perfectly reasonable.

because them brummie bimbos rounded on a & n as being gutless for tactical voting when EVERYONE else did it! why pick only on a & n? their support for the rugby players said it all...they are trying to take a & n's place. a & n are no more 'fake' then anyone else... thats a dumb statement idiots put out trying to be intellectual like on big brother...
    fizzler333 wrote: »
    And you don't class Amanda and Nicki as bimbo's?

i did, i still think nicki is... but amanda does have some intelligence. i started out disliking them but have warmed to them, especially since that daft fat guys vendetta against them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness we have only got another week to watch. Can then get my life back. Again!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daddy66 wrote: »
    ...promise, you will have a Pils for me?

Will have plenty and lots of goulash. Staying in a Botel again, will wake up listening to the ducks. Love the peeing men outside the Frans Kafka museum.
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I.B. Non wrote: »
    Can't believe Graham Wp just been on tv again. Rob Vydon on show.

I thought it was him! Has that man no shame???
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...but what if you dont dislike anyone? hence the tactical vote! its perfectly reasonable.

because them brummie bimbos rounded on a & n as being gutless for tactical voting when EVERYONE else did it! why pick only on a & n? their support for the rugby players said it all...they are trying to take a & n's place. a & n are no more 'fake' then anyone else... thats a dumb statement idiots put out trying to be intellectual like on big brother...

i did, i still think nicki is... but amanda does have some intelligence. i started out disliking them but have warmed to them, especially since that daft fat guys vendetta against them.

Have to agree. Love her or hate her - the woman has brains.

Which is more than be said for Yellow hair extensions. Seems to have mistaken being "upfront and to the point " with shooting herself in the foot. Maybe she should try a bit of protein in her diet to gear up the old grey matter.

Haven't a clue about her colleague. I'd rather have a conversation with a peice of bog paper.
  • Options
    daddy66daddy66 Posts: 12,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SeanHunter wrote: »
    I've watched CT from the very start, but this mistake the producers repeatedly make of putting the same type of people on at the start, who then form an alliance and stay on for the entire first half of the tour is getting really boring.

It's always a couple of gormless guys like Matt and Tom, or those two posh dorks this year, who gang up with a couple of nasty girls on day one, with an elderly couple supporting them.

This year, it's been really borderline unwatchable due to the continued presence of the Fat Slapper and her Poisoned Pal since day 1. Don't think I can watch yet another vote where these two vicious, selfish ugly specimens dish out red cards to other coachees but go into a huff, bursting into tears and start accusing people of being evil when they are voted for in return.

Can't stand much more of Fat Slapper's huge, make up plastered face or seeing her stagger about on those weird little legs supporting her bizarre Lion for the Wizard of Oz body. She looks like one of the Animal Crackers who used to be on TV years ago. As for her spiteful spinster sidekick - she's possibly the smuggest and least deserving creature ever to darken the great cathode ray tube of reality TV. Both girls are hideously ugly in every sense, inside and out, and I doubt they've done themselves any favours by exposing their vileness on national TV. It's not as if Nuts magazine would be interested. There must be a coven somewhere missing a couple of members...

Without Brendan it would be completely unbearable. He's lovely :)

Sunday and I'm playing catch-up but!!!... I have to give that critique a big ---> :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ct2010fan wrote: »
    To quote a freind on fb, you can be right dear or you can be happy!

THAT IS THE SECRET TO HAPPINESS!!! ... DOH! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will have plenty and lots of goulash. Staying in a Botel again, will wake up listening to the ducks. Love the peeing men outside the Frans Kafka museum.

*Tuts* .......:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three :D:D:D 's in a row ! I'm worn out....see you lot come Monday and take care :)
  • Options
    PakamackPakamack Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness we have only got another week to watch. Can then get my life back. Again!!!!

I agree,Anne-it's been hard work this series. Hope CT 6 is better. Then Celebrity CT to look forward to! :yawn:
  • Options
    narobi83narobi83 Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Amanda is amazing and Nikki less so, you just know Nikki wanted to go and play with the other girls at school but Amanda would never let her as Nikki was her friend and her friend only. No matter what you think of Amanda you can't help but see that she's been very clever in sitting back and allowing her fellow coachtrippers to effectively secure their own fate. All her snide comments have been down to camera away from the others who all assume she's wonderful.

Obviously she doesn't even come close to Carla!!!
  • Options
    narobi83narobi83 Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Pakamack wrote: »
    I agree,Anne-it's been hard work this series. Hope CT 6 is better. Then Celebrity CT to look forward to! :yawn:

Why was I unaware that there is going to a celebrity version? Has anyone been confirmed for the show?
  • Options
    Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A&N might not be as smart as they think ensuring the new girls get a yellow card today - this could spectacularly backfire on them.

Why?

All 7 couples will then be on yellow cards and the new girls immune on Tuesday.

The group can then easily pick off either A&N or G&B without any recrimination on themselves as there isn't any other "safe" vote left as an option?
  • Options
    SparklesSparkles Posts: 4,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiletto wrote: »
    "Fake..!" So shouts the young lady who is no stranger to dodgy nylon hair extensions, a full face of slap and the in your face evidence of very dark roots.

Please tell me she was being ironic.

And, if you're going to step in with all guns blazing you really need to check that you've got more than one bullet. She's blown it.

Whilst not disagreeing, (of course ;))I think the fake referred more to her personality..the running up & being nicey nicey to all the newcomers in order to a) try & avoid votes & b)get them to vote alongside.
    daddy66 wrote: »
    I predict, that Glen & Becca will win this years series. I can't stand Glen, personally... he plays up to the camera and to Brendan, too much for my liking. (although, I suspect Brendan has a soft spot for him.)
    Glad you're not my tipster for the National then.
    .. the last series was the first time I began to feel like certain contestants were overstaying their welcome;

I think this is very much part of the problem
    This series just seems to have spiraled off into some strange show where the original point has been defeated; the show is about voting off the traveller's you don't think should be on the trip.
    Hmm. don't quite agree here. Travellers you don't like travelling with, yes, but the main aim of the game has always been to stay on the coach as long as possible hasn't it, & to do so you need to vote off others.
    Look at the eolder series, the likes of Phil and Marion were voted off because they weren't interested in the foreign food; even though the other contestants liked them, they knew that was the fairest way of dishing out the cards
    Haha. No. Phil & Marion were voted off as they had a fortnight booked in Spain so asked the others to vote for them. Yes, it was still going on in series 1...;). Maybe the food was a factor..:D...but more that Phil had had enough..he could go back to his basic English food in Spain. ;)
    I agree people will naturally form friendships with other contestants, but in the first couple of series that wasn't the basis of their entire votes. I remember Kerri and John once voting for Lorenzo and Alan even though they were friends with them, but at the time it seemed like a fair vote.

It was very much a basis for a lot of them though. Connie & Bettie were soon voted off in series 2 by the alliance of...guess what...2 young girls, 2 young boys, an older couple. :rolleyes: Yes, Kerri & John voted for Alan & Lorenzo very early on after a late night disturbance iirc, but soon fell into line..yet another stereo-typical couple.
    SeanHunter wrote: »
    I've watched CT from the very start, but this mistake the producers repeatedly make of putting the same type of people on at the start, who then form an alliance and stay on for the entire first half of the tour is getting really boring.

Exactly. I do so wish they'd mix the starting line up for a change.

The problem is, with this type of show, the first one is always bound to be better. After a while, people learn 'how to play the game.' There is also a limit on activities & different footage of places that can be shown so after a while it does become something of a merry-go-round with same old same old etc. In the end it really boils down to the interaction between the couples.
    narobi83 wrote: »
    Why was I unaware that there is going to a celebrity version? Has anyone been confirmed for the show?

There's a little more info here. :)
  • Options
    SparklesSparkles Posts: 4,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    binksy111 wrote: »
    I know me too.. I am gutted those pair still get to the end as I feel .. Although I liked em in the beginning .. and speaking to urself and James and getting ur views.. it really has put me off. plus Sparkles spoilers kill it! I cant help reading em but I am a nosey parker!! .. Not a great 2nd half of the series got to admit and I am not happy how they are showing the show how u all said it was.. you certainly proved me wrong.. it is the A&n show x

Ooops! :o:o:o:D
    Don't read 'em then. :p

Anyways..can't say I've bothered too much this week. There are only 3 votes left and 2 newbie couples as sitting targets for the exact same number of votes. The only unknown really is whether or not they'll have the time..or inclination...to replace them. The earliest they can bring a new couple on will be Wednesday.
    There is at least one more couple to come, but I haven't delved any further than that as to who & when & whether or not a couple is on for the last day only, brings at least a little mystery to the whole proceedings.

Thursday..the vote to win
    all I will say is that out of the couples left, that the better of them, in my opinion anyway, walk away with the prize.
    Finally
    at least I can glean a little satisfaction in knowing that A&N have to share the record for staying on the coach for the duration. It is not exclusively theirs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sparkles wrote: »
    Whilst not disagreeing, (of course ;))I think the fake referred more to her personality..the running up & being nicey nicey to all the newcomers in order to a) try & avoid votes & b)get them to vote alongside.

Glad you're not my tipster for the National then.

I think this is very much part of the problem

Hmm. don't quite agree here. Travellers you don't like travelling with, yes, but the main aim of the game has always been to stay on the coach as long as possible hasn't it, & to do so you need to vote off others.

Haha. No. Phil & Marion were voted off as they had a fortnight booked in Spain so asked the others to vote for them. Yes, it was still going on in series 1...;). Maybe the food was a factor..:D...but more that Phil had had enough..he could go back to his basic English food in Spain. ;)

It was very much a basis for a lot of them though. Connie & Bettie were soon voted off in series 2 by the alliance of...guess what...2 young girls, 2 young boys, an older couple. :rolleyes: Yes, Kerri & John voted for Alan & Lorenzo very early on after a late night disturbance iirc, but soon fell into line..yet another stereo-typical couple.

Exactly. I do so wish they'd mix the starting line up for a change.

The problem is, with this type of show, the first one is always bound to be better. After a while, people learn 'how to play the game.' There is also a limit on activities & different footage of places that can be shown so after a while it does become something of a merry-go-round with same old same old etc. In the end it really boils down to the interaction between the couples.

There's a little more info here. :)

I am sticking with this series because there isn't much of it left, but I doubt I will watch the next. I'm guessing its going to be no different to the present series as they banged the two series out so close to each other. And as for the 'celebrity' version, anything with 'celebrity' content, be it tv, magazines, newspapers, is a massive no no to me, I'm not the slightest bit interested in them so its looking like bye bye CT from me:(
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched every episode of this series (and the last) and then read all the posts on here, I have come to the conclusion that me and my other half and my guinea pig are the only enjoyers of Coachtrip.

I don't really give a flying one who wins it cos winning this is a joke.

I enjoy the interactions of the contributers, on here and on the telly. It is an indication of how people react to others. I like people to get voted off cos I disagree with their views but couldn't be bothered hating them for their edited portrayal.

Please sit back for a while and think, FFS chill out.

P.S. Lloyd, you will watch the next lot, it is an addiction.:p
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone wants to take a bet on the golf just now, going for a score of 14 each with the USA retaining the Ryder cup is way down the odds but will win you a fortune.:D
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Je suis revenu de la cote d’azur all bronzed and beautiful…….well, actually a slight salmon pink if you must know…..to find that I have been likened by Dom D to Charles Hawtrey of all people and invited to some rotten panto in southpor…..stockpo….scunthor…….somewhere northern, the hurt was so intense I collapsed and sobbed into Mr Jeebies seaside shoulders.

Ray got it spot on, coach trip is bloomin’ Deja View……we missed 5 episodes and yet Manny and Tranny and Flakey Fakey, ‘Bumbling Glen’ are still on the coach……sacred blue!!
    Unfortunate that the loo on the coach is broken, although I don’t think it was Amanda, as she is clearly still full of sh*te.

Disappointed in the scousers doing a runner, (ay, ay, no puns about it being part of their culture) the “Got an urgent call from work and they need me back” line just doesn’t wash with me at all, far too overused an excuse on CT in the past.
    What I really want to hear them say is “We’ve just realised we are on a trip with some low down, scheming, two faced, backstabbing dollops, who, we hope we never have to suffer again on the 37 bus around Birkenhead, never mind a full on coach trip across Europe for days on end”. I suspect that’s why they never said their goodbyes!!
    They did seem the most ‘normal’ people on the coach however.
    I saw that someone had referred to Amanda’s ankles & calf’s, collectively called Cankles (great word) as being, well, a tad on the ‘chubby’ side.
    I may have to stop calling them Manny & Tranny and referring to them as Cankles & Cackles.
    Cankles is becoming more horrid and unattractive by the hour……I heard a rumour that when she was born she was so ugly…….the doctor slapped her parents!!

* As a scientific experiment Mr Jeebie recorded the episodes we missed, from Sky+ onto videotape, then he cut the tapes into a million pieces and randomly rejoined them ……and we still got the same 5 episodes, take note 12 yard PLEASE!!! :yawn: :yawn: