Options

Didn't take Aisleyen Horgan Wallace long to cash in on Amy's death - disgusting :(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was she paid to be on This Morning? In her defence she was accused of being with Amy when she wasn't so wanted to set the record straight..people could argue she could have done that another way I suppose
    I wouldn't go as far as to say it is "disgusting"
    No, she wasn't paid. Afaik This Morning never pays anyone; people appear on there because they have a product to promote or because they have a point they want to make. In Aisleyne's case there was no product but she wanted to give another side to Amy, who was being portrayed as an out of control nutjob; and also to defend herself against quite damaging lies that had appeared in the Mirror and the Mail. What 'other way' would have worked?
    Hi All, am new here and thought I'd add my bit! :D

I thought she was way out of line, and the photo of her on the ground outside the house really appalling, says a lot that she wasn't at the funeral in my opinion. If they had been that great mates, why wasn't she there?

That speaks volumes.

Welcome. :)
    I am not going to argue your points because they have been covered many times already.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she wasn't paid. Afaik This Morning never pays anyone; people appear on there because they have a product to promote or because they have a point they want to make.

Wrong, they do pay.

When Jade Goody was interviewed following the racism in BB they said during the interview that her £500 payment was being given to charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Wrong, they do pay.

When Jade Goody was interviewed following the racism in BB they said during the interview that her £500 payment was being given to charity.

Oooh, my husband was on once and only got a prawn sandwich. I want a re-run.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afaik This Morning never pays anyone; people appear on there because they have a product to promote or because they have a point they want to make.

It depends.

An invited ordinary guest, a member of the public for instance, will have their travel and lunch expenses paid in return for an appearance. Lunch expenses can be a voucher to dine at a studio canteen. They will be provided an overnight stay at a mid-budget hotel if they came a long way.
    A celebrity or public figure, whose publicist solicits for a guest spot to promote a product or to do the damage control, doesn't get paid but may have their travel and food expenses paid. I don't believe they're provided a hotel stay.
    An invited celebrity, public figure or expert will be paid an appearance fee, ranging from £100 to £10,000, plus travel and food expenses, plus a hotel stay if necessary.

In 2009, £250-£1,000 was the usual range of appearance fees for This Morning.
  • Options
    ju1ianju1ian Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    From Aisleyne's website announcing that she'd agreed to a request from 'This Morning'

"It should be made clear that Aisleyne has neither asked for, nor will she accept, any payment for interview which she gives tomorrow "
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ju1ian wrote: »
    From Aisleyne's website announcing that she'd agreed to a request from 'This Morning'

"It should be made clear that Aisleyne has neither asked for, nor will she accept, any payment for interview which she gives tomorrow "

The issue of payment has never been an issue......the issue for me is why she felt the need to speak to the media at all. Wrongly or rightly A H-W is drawn to the media like a moth to a flame and this interview was just another opportunity to milk the media game and keep her profile 'out there'.

A dignified, respectful statement a la Mark Ronson or Russell Brand would have been surfice.
  • Options
    soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    _Venger_ wrote: »
    No that was Nikki Graeme.

Wow you must have a short memory!! For example when she was on her hands and knees sobbing her heart out when she chose spirol to stay over the other two guys!! One of the most ott and pathetic displays I've ever seen!! Lol She wasn't much better than Nikki!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    The issue of payment has never been an issue......the issue for me is why she felt the need to speak to the media at all. Wrongly or rightly A H-W is drawn to the media like a moth to a flame and this interview was just another opportunity to milk the media game and keep her profile 'out there'.

A dignified, respectful statement a la Mark Ronson or Russell Brand would have been surfice.

On this occasion no one had been putting untruthful and damaging stories about Russell Brand or Mark Ronson in the tabloids, so they had no reason to defend themselves; so I can't see why their names should be mentioned at all. If you are referring just to talking about Amy and not putting stories straight, of course Russell Brand has not maintained a 'dignified silence'; why should he? Neither he nor Aisleyne are saying anything salacious or unpleasant about her. They have both used media platforms to share their memories of her, and I can't for the life of me see any moral difference between Brand's piece, which was printed in several papers, and Aisleyne's interview. Mark Ronson may not have done broadcast interviews, but he has spoken about her in public, and his words have also been widely quoted. Nothing is more natural and normal than for friends of a recently dead celebrity to share their affectionate memories of them. I posted a list earlier of people, other than Aisleyne, who have done so in this case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On this occasion no one had been putting untruthful and damaging stories about Russell Brand or Mark Ronson in the tabloids, so they had no reason to defend themselves; so I can't see why their names should be mentioned at all. If you are referring just to talking about Amy and not putting stories straight, of course Russell Brand has not maintained a 'dignified silence'; why should he? Neither he nor Aisleyne are saying anything salacious or unpleasant about her. They have both used media platforms to share their memories of her, and I can't for the life of me see any moral difference between Brand's piece, which was printed in several papers, and Aisleyne's interview. Mark Ronson may not have done broadcast interviews, but he has spoken about her in public, and his words have also been widely quoted. Nothing is more natural and normal than for friends of a recently dead celebrity to share their affectionate memories of them. I posted a list earlier of people, other than Aisleyne, who have done so in this case.

But not a day after the funeral and on national TV. And as far as the rumours are concerned.....IMO she did more to perpetuate them by talking about them and feeling the need to be on national TV to deny them. This was about Amy's tragic death not A H-W platform to discuss her own reputation and the damage done or not done to it.

It's tacky, tawdry and reeks of desperation..... much like the girl herself. The old maxim about not wearing private grief on a public sleeve never seemed more appropriate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,048
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    But not a day after the funeral and on national TV. And as far as the rumours are concerned.....IMO she did more to perpetuate them by talking about them and feeling the need to be on national TV to deny them. This was about Amy's tragic death not A H-W platform to discuss her own reputation and the damage done or not done to it.

It's tacky, tawdry and reeks of desperation..... much like the girl herself. The old maxim about not wearing private grief on a public sleeve never seemed more appropriate.

Not heard that saying before - I like adding new expressions to my vocabulary. TVM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babycakes wrote: »
    Not heard that saying before - I like adding new expressions to my vocabulary. TVM.

:)

A very British behaviour I always think, well until Princess Diana died and the whole country seemed to go wild displaying their grief.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just having a wee lookie on Twitter.....The People has the following posted three hours ago:

Broken-hearted Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace reveals the true Amy Winehouse in The People tomorrow

Here's a link to their twitter...you'll need to scroll down a wee bit to find the tweet.

http://twitter.com/#!/the__people

Now the collapsing outside the house I can forgive - they were pals, and when I saw it I was like 'oh poor cow'. The 'This Morning' Interview I think was ill informed, but she did have a right of reply. I do feel, however, a well worded statement in the right place would have been rather more fitting, but hey, we none of us get it right every time, especially when we're grieving....

,,,but now this....I just can't imagine WHY she needs to sell out to a tabloid...it's making me doubt her motives for both of the previous occurrences. Maybe she didn't make any money out of any of it, but by jove with that pic last week, the This Morning interview and now this, her profile is massively higher than it was before Amy's passing!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    Just having a wee lookie on Twitter.....The People has the following posted three hours ago:

Broken-hearted Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace reveals the true Amy Winehouse in The People tomorrow

Here's a link to their twitter...you'll need to scroll down a wee bit to find the tweet.

Now the collapsing outside the house I can forgive - they were pals, and when I saw it I was like 'oh poor cow'. The 'This Morning' Interview I think was ill informed, but she did have a right of reply. I do feel, however, a well worded statement in the right place would have been rather more fitting, but hey, we none of us get it right every time, especially when we're grieving....

,,,but now this....I just can't imagine WHY she needs to sell out to a tabloid...it's making me doubt her motives for both of the previous occurrences. Maybe she didn't make any money out of any of it, but by jove with that pic last week, the This Morning interview and now this, her profile is massively higher than it was before Amy's passing!!!

Yeah not sure why she feels the need to do this, then again she would probably get asked for her story at some point and sell be it now or later, no doubt others will as well.
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she didn't make any money out of any of it, but by jove with that pic last week, the This Morning interview and now this, her profile is massively higher than it was before Amy's passing!!!

Erm....I don't know how much you know about Aisleyne's career, but she's just been in a big box office hit movie; she's just done a massively successful reality TV series in Ireland, which she came runner up in; She's done many TV and magazine interviews in her career.
    One 5 minute TV interview and one small interview in a Sunday paper are not going to make the slightest difference to her profile. :D

It's just that the media are interested about what she has to say about Amy at the moment. That's all.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    Erm....I don't know how much you know about Aisleyne's career, but she's just been in a big box office hit movie.

:confused: (This isn't about Aisleyne.) Are you saying Anuvahood is a big box office hit? With all due respect to Michael Vu, it isn't. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    :confused: (This isn't about Aisleyne.) Are you saying Anuvahood is a big box office hit? With all due respect to Michael Vu, it isn't. :o

Well it's certainly a box office success.
    I'm not claiming it's a rival to Harry Potter, but it turned a profit after just a couple of days of release.

http://www.screenrush.co.uk/films/film-189614/box-office/
    That seems to suggest it made a couple of million in the first four weeks?
    A nice little earner for a film that only took something like a half million to make. :cool:
  • Options
    peonypotpeonypot Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.people.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2011/07/31/amy-winehouse-s-close-friend-aisleyne-horgan-wallace-reveals-the-star-dreamed-of-marrying-boyfriend-reg-102039-23309026/
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,036
    Forum Member
    From the article....
    Amy’s warmth extended to animals, particularly kittens.

At one time she had five of them staying with her. Aisleyne said: “I *remember going round to see Amy and I had three of them sitting in my lap and one on each shoulder.

Which reminded me of this video of Amy Winehouse and Pete Dougherty in 2008.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,036
    Forum Member
    Hi All, am new here and thought I'd add my bit! :D

I thought she was way out of line, and the photo of her on the ground outside the house really appalling, says a lot that she wasn't at the funeral in my opinion. If they had been that great mates, why wasn't she there?

That speaks volumes.

If the parents didn't have enough to cope with they have to put up with Aisleyne's antics.

There was the very public show of emotion, the tweeters, the TV interview and now this, Aisleyne just shut up and stop playing the victim.
    “I was told there wasn’t enough space at the funeral but then her parents thought I was out partying with her in the days before she died.

“I wasn’t. I hadn’t seen Amy for a good few weeks before she died.
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's sold her story? Wow. And people said she wasn't attention seeking, just grieving etc etc.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she didn't make any money out of any of it, but by jove with that pic last week, the This Morning interview and now this, her profile is massively higher than it was before Amy's passing!!!

Put it this way. I'd never even heard of her before, but she seems to have been everywhere this week.
  • Options
    peonypotpeonypot Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put it this way. I'd never even heard of her before, but she seems to have been everywhere this week.

I'm willing to bet she's gonna be spread all over the mags this tuesday too.
    I think it's worth noting that Aisleyne is very good friends with Imogen Thomas...Well she was last time I heard anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    Erm....I don't know how much you know about Aisleyne's career, but she's just been in a big box office hit movie; she's just done a massively successful reality TV series in Ireland, which she came runner up in; She's done many TV and magazine interviews in her career.
    One 5 minute TV interview and one small interview in a Sunday paper are not going to make the slightest difference to her profile. :D

It's just that the media are interested about what she has to say about Amy at the moment. That's all.

Oh I beg to differ!!! This time 2 weeks ago, there wasn't a mention of Aisleyne on this board, in the Sunday newspapers, or anywhere else, outwith her wee realm. Now, she's been on the biggest UK daytime show and has a big spread in a Sunday tabloid.

No....that's not a raised profile at all, is it... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I beg to differ!!! This time 2 weeks ago, there wasn't a mention of Aisleyne on this board, in the Sunday newspapers, or anywhere else, outwith her wee realm. Now, she's been on the biggest UK daytime show and has a big spread in a Sunday tabloid.

No....that's not a raised profile at all, is it... :rolleyes:

No it's not.
    As I said before, Aisleyne has done loads of TV, magazine and newspaper interviews in the past. One 5 minute TV interview and a little piece in a Sunday paper is not going to do anything for Aisleyne's profile at all.

As far as I can see, this is just Aisleyne saying the things she wanted to about her friend Amy, that weren't able to be covered in the short TV interview.
    I'm sure this article will be widely quoted by other publications, but it would surprise me if Ash felt she needed to say more now.

The only reason this is being talked about on the DS Showbiz board is because someone saw fit to make a thread about their "disgust" at Aisleyne. Otherwise you'd still be none the wiser about her, unless you happened to catch This Morning on that particular day.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Why am I not surprised by Aisleyne's antics, she was the same in the BB house and hasn't changed since leaving, still craving fame. Shame on her for speaking to the press, who does she think she is. It speaks volumes that she wasn't invited to Amy's funeral and she keeps professing to being Amy's best mate. She certainly isn't behaving like her best mate, that's for sure.