Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done to VC :D
    Indeed! :D
    1. WOW!!!!! VC is tasty!!!!!!!

2. Reading about Belo and his case against Towie....I had the idea ages ago to have some really posh middle aged people on BB and I thought BB did too (I was wrong about them) so if it happens it is MY idea......

3. Hicky, I have a weekly newspaper column (before you all snigger it is the Wilts and Glos Standard which may not be The Times but is read by Top People....well two people....) and I want to write about twitter......you said it is 'powerful'.....do you mean it makes you feel powerful? If so can you say how......and if you mean generally powerful can you explain to me how.....thankyou. Finally are you implying that you know how the security service functions but DARE NOT TELL US? I am very impressed.

4. I have been looking at Towie. If anyone ever complains that all the images in the media promote thin-ness point them to Towie....some of those girls are vast......eek
    He's turned into a very handsome young man. :D
    Barracute wrote: »
    Thanks SR, well done to Paul :)
    Yup. :D
    Artemesia wrote: »
    I sat outside with my Sudoku, fell asleep, and managed to write all over my arm and hand....:rolleyes::D

Well done to VC, his time has not been wasted then...:p
    Just his 1st year (like most stoodents). :D
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    er ..morning all , im " struggling " if im honest :(...struggling and the offies open :eek:...id forgotten how close THAT was , on the plus side I havent been . Ive krulled but cant remember it all . Poppy , glad your granddaughters getting better ..Islay your cup final was triumph and tragedy wasnt it , hollie pack it in you daft bugger :)....seeing my MH worker later , I shall be taking her this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXJDtptMYrQ

Hi acker - I did 'yell' for you a couple of nights ago, wondered how you were doing! Sorry to hear you're struggling but pleased that you made it here to tell us. Sendng cyber support and (((hugs)))
    nowahalla wrote: »
    We were discussing accents last night as eldest was moaning about the fact that she doesn't have a scottish accent - hardly surprising really given her schooling and where she's lived to date, funnily enough she does sound scottish when she's cross! which is hilarious for the rest of us but just winds her up even more:D
    all three kids have a kind of mid-atlantic international school, accentless accent, if you know what I mean...I'm definitely scottish but have a dreadful habit of copying other people's accents when i talk with them:.[/I]:D

I've always done that, copied people's accents inadvertently, and I have to make a conscious effort not to do it, particularly on the phone! It was very useful when I was studying languages, but not so useful in ordinary life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Yeah, Voodoo Child HERE with his award. :D:D

Thanks for that SR - good for VC!
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamentably, just scribble - and I'm having trouble removing it, too....:p

You need a big scrubbing brush and some Vim :D
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    How? How can a promo video of actors be any evidence at all? :confused:
    He dreamt up the show in 2007.

He got all the people together.

The whole show (Totally Essex) was shown to ITV.
    It was controlled by 2 companies.

Years later ITV they went ahead without Brian, renamed the show to Towie, took all the stars of the show and froze him out.

PS.
    It's all documented, even the letters between them.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Brian Belo Suing ITV For £4million After Accusing Them Of Nicking His Idea For 'TOWIE'

A nice little earner if he gets it, if, if, if.

Looking at the evidence i think he's right.
    They had offered him, £2,500 for the rights many years ago.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4223485/TOWIE-news-Big-Brother-star-Brian-Belo-is-demanding-that-he-is-paid-for-coming-up-with-idea-for-ITV2s-The-Only-Way-Is-Essex.html

As far as I know TOWIE is a version of the US’s Jersey Shore.

’d affernoon – it’s been a nice one.

Well done, VC. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Years later ITV they went ahead without Brian, renamed the show to Towie, took all the stars of the show and froze him out.

PS.
    WOW! He thought up a reality programme with cameras following people about! Who'd have thunk it. :eek::D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    As far as I know TOWIE is a version of the US’s Jersey Shore.

’d affernoon – it’s been a nice one.

Well done, VC. :)
    Afternoon Gemo - how is your son doing, has he heard any more news? :)
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

2. Reading about Belo and his case against Towie....I had the idea ages ago to have some really posh middle aged people on BB and I thought BB did too (I was wrong about them) so if it happens it is MY idea......

3. Hicky, I have a weekly newspaper column (before you all snigger it is the Wilts and Glos Standard which may not be The Times but is read by Top People....well two people....) and I want to write about twitter......you said it is 'powerful'.....do you mean it makes you feel powerful? If so can you say how......and if you mean generally powerful can you explain to me how.....thankyou. Finally are you implying that you know how the security service functions but DARE NOT TELL US? I am very impressed.

4. I have been looking at Towie. If anyone ever complains that all the images in the media promote thin-ness point them to Towie....some of those girls are vast......eek
    You cant possibly write a column about twitter without giving weird horse a mention. He is hilarious and also parodies the pointless and self obsessed tweetings of so many.https://twitter.com/#!/weirdhorse

It seems that twitter is an obsession for many. People talk of their "twitter family " and say they prefer it to forums because "you get less trouble" and "people are nicer" :rolleyes: (it takes more than forty letters to argue)
    I have noticed heavy users have also become unable to talk in long sentences in other mediums. It concerns me greatly.
    There is an awful lot of boasting on twitter, and attention seeking. This is encouraged because the goal is to have as many followers as possible so
  • Options
    Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    You cant possibly write a column about twitter without giving weird horse a mention. He is hilarious and also parodies the pointless and self obsessed tweetings of so many.https://twitter.com/#!/weirdhorse

It seems that twitter is an obsession for many. People talk of their "twitter family " and say they prefer it to forums because "you get less trouble" and "people are nicer" :rolleyes: (it takes more than forty letters to argue)
    I have noticed heavy users have also become unable to talk in long sentences in other mediums. It concerns me greatly.
    There is an awful lot of boasting on twitter, and attention seeking. This is encouraged because the goal is to have as many followers as possible so

Thankyou, Honey......:D:D:D Column done! I particularly liked...'a slug just burped'.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable.........you really couldn't make it up! HERE :eek::mad:
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member

PS.

We havn't seen the letters and they did pay him 2,500 for the rights. My guess, and it is only my opinion, is that they will make him an out of court "goodwill" settlement, if they do anything at all, certainly nothing like the 4,000,000 claimed. He didn't make a fuss until it became obvious that it was very successful.
  • Options
    Forum Member

There is an awful lot of boasting on twitter, and attention seeking. This is encouraged because the goal is to have as many followers as possible so people will tell everyone they are great in case they get "unfollowed"
    Others think twitter lets them be friends with their idols, wont entertain the idea that they are speaking to their secretaries, and speak to them as if they are chatting to a friend. "See you at the Albert hall on Friday" someone might say to Kiri Te Kanawa beforehand, as if they would be chatting together in the cloakroom. Or as if Dame Kiri gives a monkeys who buys the tickets.

There are some twitter users who post occasionally when they have something to say, and their posts (tweets, whatever)are a joy to read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thankyou, Honey......:D:D:D Column done! I particularly liked...'a slug just burped'.....

OOPS ! i seem to have had premature post syndrome again.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I love that when asked when he last bought a pasty from Greggs he replied 'I can't remember' What a tosser.
  • Options
    Forum Member

PS.
    No. He SAYS he dreamt up the show in 2007.
    Even if the documents at first appear to indicate that he was recognised as the creator, it is possible that he misrepresented himself and was found out at a later date. (as has happened before)
    If it was as cut and dried as you claim there would be no need for a court case.
    I have no opinion on who created it. (except to perhaps wish they hadn't bothered)

Now that is just asking for someone to shove one up him sideways!
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning Elfy :D

Good thanks, hows you?
    Morning Elfy.:)

I' am fine, how's yourself then?
    Morning Elfy, fine thanks. :)
    acker wrote: »
    hiya elfy I hope youre good :)

I'm good thank you everybody for asking! I hope you're all having a lovely day? It's very nice here and I had some lovely vanilla cake with sprinkles (YAY!).
    nowahalla wrote: »

...waves back at Elfy...:D

*special wave for halla* :D.

Congratulations to VC on his award :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We havn't seen the letters and they did pay him 2,500 for the rights. My guess, and it is only my opinion, is that they will make him an out of court "goodwill" settlement, if they do anything at all, certainly nothing like the 4,000,000 claimed. He didn't make a fuss until it became obvious that it was very successful.

It says they "offered" him 2,500. (implying he refused?) which might indicate that he was being paid for a minor role.
    I will reserve judgement.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    I know they offered him the £2,500, didn't know he had taken it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon Gemo - how is your son doing, has he heard any more news? :)

No more news. He will hear at his next appointment in six weeks.

I don’t know if we’re going to see him soon, Mr G has been wittering on the phone all day, probably to my son. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I love that when asked when he last bought a pasty from Greggs he replied 'I can't remember' What a tosser.
    I'm quite sure in his wee world (& his cronies) he/they wouldn't lower himself to eat such things!
    No. He SAYS he dreamt up the show in 2007.
    Even if the documents at first appear to indicate that he was recognised as the creator, it is possible that he misrepresented himself and was found out at a later date. (as has happened before)
    If it was as cut and dried as you claim there would be no need for a court case.
    I have no opinion on who created it. (except to perhaps wish they hadn't bothered)

Now that is just asking for someone to shove one up him sideways!
    Could very well happen, sooner rather than later. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you see the evidence?
    I know its windy but can't see the wind or I know when Fluffers has guffed even if I don'rt hear it

No one hates them as much as me but I watched this and he never said they/we should eat cold pasties.
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    A Tory not shopping in Greggs is hardly major news.

:mad::mad: I'm more annoyed about this stamp rise. 10 letters a week for a job hunter on JSA is £6 in postage.
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

PS.

It couldn't have been that far before as he was in the announced line-up a few weeks before the show came on air. ITV had already done a very similar show in 2002 called Essex Wives (very like the real housewives reality series but a good 3 years before that came out).

All these shows are just based on Laguna Beach/The Hills anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Does that mean I will no longer have to cover my nose when I walk past their shops. :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    No more news. He will hear at his next appointment in six weeks.

I don’t know if we’re going to see him soon, Mr G has been wittering on the phone all day, probably to my son. :rolleyes:

It seems rather cruel for them to warn of devastating consequences and then leave him to worry for so long. :(
This discussion has been closed.