Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 253)

Comments

• Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who me? wrote: »
    Wasn't she the one who wanted Syed sent back to Pakistan and castrated though..she is offensive and extreme sometimes unlike many other muslim posters who have often been helpful in debates.

Ouch! Your poor knee.
    So not worth standing there looking silly flicking through the magazines then?.

Massive over simplification of course of what happened there in that one scene :p and leaving out the, it was a mistake it should never have happened, please can we forget it part completely. Obviously that would have been a longer sentence and a repeat of stuff we know, but isn't that a case of choosing the facts to suit ourselves too?

I don't remember that one, that IS extreme but catsmeow is catsmeow and happily most DS users know that she talks boll**** much of the time. It's just on a few occassions that's she's entitled to believe that Islam isn't protrayed very realistically on EE - but then, why anyone would expect almost-perfect muslims on a show like EE is anyones guess. I'm amazed she watches the show at all, considering how 'sinful' it must appear to someone with her strict religious views.

There's definately some lovely moderate Muslims on the forum. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Oh morning everyone. :D

It's great to see Christian so far up the cast list. :D I look forward to seeing Christian in scenes with Roxy, because it's clear it will be of more softer nature. Though I do worry about the wording. I hope we don't get Christian encouraging Roxy to go for it with Alfie. Even if he's just telling her to admit her feelings to him, I feel it's still somewhat wrong - because it's practically pointless. Nothing can come from it. If he was single, it's a different story but he's a married man.

The situation between himself and Syed was entirely different, - and effectively it was Syed admitting how he felt for Christian by laying one on him. :p

It'll be nice to see Christian advising Roxy and perhaps showing a more mature side to him. I much prefer their scenes when they're not portrayed as two immature party animals!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning :)

Wasn't she the one who wanted Syed sent back to Pakistan and castrated though..she is offensive and extreme sometimes unlike many other muslim posters who have often been helpful in debates.

Ouch! Your poor knee.
    So not worth standing there looking silly flicking through the magazines then?.

Massive over simplification of course of what happened there in that one scene :p and leaving out the, it was a mistake it should never have happened, please can we forget it part completely. Obviously that would have been a longer sentence and a repeat of stuff we know, but isn't that a case of choosing the facts to suit ourselves too?

I don't hang about in the shops, I feel guilty reading the mags in the newsagents :o he's a very nice newsagent and we always have a bit of a soapy gossip, I buy IS every week anyway :D

I banged my knee at home, opened the door into it trying not to step on rogue kittens!!
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so loving my fairy tales at the moment and old classics of disney princess
    On snow white now :)
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    I don't remember that one, that IS extreme but catsmeow is catsmeow and happily most DS users know that she talks boll**** much of the time. It's just on a few occassions that's she's entitled to believe that Islam isn't protrayed very realistically on EE - but then, why anyone would expect almost-perfect muslims on a show like EE is anyones guess. I'm amazed she watches the show at all, considering how 'sinful' it must appear to someone with her strict religious views.

There's definately some lovely moderate Muslims on the forum. :)

I think it was her towers although I'm not 100% sure, there was so much nasty bashing at the time.
    I think we should be careful not to get too over protective in that it's a few people who post a lot rather than the majority and as you said regarding that poster most posters know a lot of it is just character hate (or boll**** :D and is treated that way). Some people too just have opinions about the storyline that we may not agree with, but they shouldn't be tarred with the same hater brush.
    But yes I agree that someone who is muslim would see some things differently and feel offended at things those of us who aren't wouldn't notice and would need it pointing out. It does feel like they haven't bothered with their advisers as much as they did in Santers era. Cuts? But yes you wouldn't really watch ee to see a perfect representation and if they weren't sometimes treated in a soapy way like all the other families that's discrimination of it's own really anyway.
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Part 253 and Congrats to Towers on getting the OP. :D My goodness I feel like I've been gone ages - not been on since Sat night and that was only briefly.

Glad all the LB crew had a fab time. :D

Huge thanks to all of those who've been posting the videos of Johnny singing and the Tilly stuff. :D

Disney - sorry you banged your bad knee, ouch.
    Laurie Brett replied to someone on twitter earlier about whether she would be going back to EE and she replied with "very possibly but not for a while".

Chryed's wedding. Just saying
    :sleep:

Seeing this really cheered me up! :)
    hugygirl wrote: »
    hello i'm new here.i am a fan of chryed discovered their storyline late last year.i fell in love with them,the beautifully told storyline the chemistry between chryed melts my heart everytime.i think about them alot most nights i watch the scene when christian ask syed too marry him."i love it".

now i'm looking for my next fix of chyed

Hello, and welcome to the thread and the official madhouse / Chryed waiting room. :p
    I didn't read the spoilers as Christian telling Roxy to tell Alfie because he supports her having an affair....rather to just be honest and tell Alfie how she feels....then it's out in the open....no secrets, secrets being something Christian hates....and then the ball is in Alfie's court. Roxy will be less hurt if she just tells Alfie the truth because then he will either be able to let her down gently and she can try and move on or he may reciprocate the feelings in which case they need to figure out what to do next.

Hopefully it plays out this way.
    Morning :)

Cast list for next Tuesday, Christian is second in the list - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ghvvj

And this is great to see (trying to keep expectations low in case it's wrong, lol) - imagine if we get some of the kind of dialogue and talk that we'd all longed for, from this - I think we'd all fall over in shock. :eek:

Oh, and a big wave to Purentainted - I remembered the other day you'd moved to London and had not been on the thread for a bit - hope you are getting on ok!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    It'll be nice to see Christian advising Roxy and perhaps showing a more mature side to him. I much prefer their scenes when they're not portrayed as two immature party animals!

I agree, I love Roxy as a character and I like her relationship with Christian :) when they're not bitching about Syed or getting wasted in the pub. :rolleyes: At those moments, I want Roxy to join Christian and Syed in the Thames.

Does anyone else nearly put 'Afia' when they go to write Alfie?
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hang about in the shops, I feel guilty reading the mags in the newsagents :o he's a very nice newsagent and we always have a bit of a soapy gossip, I buy IS every week anyway :D

I banged my knee at home, opened the door into it trying not to step on rogue kittens!!

I bet the kittens are getting playful now...and everywhere! I have a sore knee so sympathize...I've been wearing this thing you wear for karate..a knee protector because I couldn't kneel properly it hurt too much. It's very fetching!

I feel guilty flicking :) but I target the big stores like Tescos and Sainsbury's.:)

Bye for now everyone x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Part 253 and Congrats to Towers on getting the OP. :D My goodness I feel like I've been gone ages - not been on since Sat night and that was only briefly.

Glad all the LB crew had a fab time. :D

Huge thanks to all of those who've been posting the videos of Johnny singing and the Tilly stuff. :D

Disney - sorry you banged your bad knee, ouch.

Seeing this really cheered me up! :)

Hello, and welcome to the thread and the official madhouse / Chryed waiting room. :p

Hopefully it plays out this way.

And this is great to see (trying to keep expectations low in case it's wrong, lol) - imagine if we get some of the kind of dialogue and talk that we'd all longed for, from this - I think we'd all fall over in shock. :eek:

Oh, and a big wave to Purentainted - I remembered the other day you'd moved to London and had not been on the thread for a bit - hope you are getting on ok!

Thanks and hello, I keep missing you! :)
    I bet the kittens are getting playful now...and everywhere! I have a sore knee so sympathize...I've been wearing this thing you wear for karate..a knee protector because I couldn't kneel properly it hurt too much. It's very fetching!

I feel guilty flicking :) but I target the big stores like Tescos and Sainsbury's.:)

Bye for now everyone x

They are but so small and easy to miss!! Poor you, damn knees, not easy to heal when you use them so much!
  • Options
    KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it sounds like it will end on Christian letting her know he knows...more than anything else. I wonder if they will start the next one then..but presumably it's moved on by then?

ETA TOTP

Yes, I'm not expecting much of him til near the end of the episode. Would love to be proven wrong though!
    I think the next episode might be set the next day, as Roxy's wearing different clothes in the pics.

Nice pic :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks and hello, I keep missing you! :)

They are but so small and easy to miss!! Poor you, damn knees, not easy to heal when you use them so much!

Yes, not spoken to you for ages....hope you are well apart from the knee. :) How long is this blackhole....hard going! Still - gives me a chance to be disciplined and get on with r/l - *hollow laugh*. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, not spoken to you for ages....hope you are well apart from the knee. :) How long is this blackhole....hard going! Still - gives me a chance to be disciplined and get on with r/l - *hollow laugh*. :D

I'm good! I've been catching up on some reading, making a dint in the large pile of books I have, so I suppose it's good for r/l if nothing else :rolleyes:

It's quite depressing not knowing anything!
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning (just!) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning (just!) :)

Morning - feels like I've not spoken to you all for so long (it's only 3 days LOL, but feels a long time). :p
    I'm good! I've been catching up on some reading, making a dint in the large pile of books I have, so I suppose it's good for r/l if nothing else :rolleyes:

It's quite depressing not knowing anything!

Yes, I've had to fight it a bit - kept feeling very depressed on and off.....however that tweet from Laurie cheered me up a bit. :)

I'm telling myself that they are in the process of planning the next big storyline for them and keeping my head firmly in delusionville. :p

And now I must be off - get on with stuff - I'll pop on tonight near episode time....see you all later on. xxx :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! :)

Webcams are still down. :(
  • Options
    shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning. I see that one of Chryed are in next week. Finally. Its been so long since we seen Christian. Lets hope it isnt long until the other half of Chryed, the 'yed' half make an appearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys.

Of all the things to bother me, I'm more concerned with how blond Christian will be than anything to do with the plot.

Doing well there EE. Really capturing my interest.
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone! :)
    Back from my mum's over Easter and having the most terrible day, which I shall now relate. Bear with it... it is Chryed related!

I've been having building work done since before Christmas, spent most of January staying at a friend's because my bedroom was out of action, not been able to have anyone round for months, everything covered in dust. I finally managed to get all the painting finished just before Easter and was looking forward to spending today cleaning up all the plaster dust and putting paintings on the wall and sending out invites to my friends to come and see my new house.
    So I got up, got dressed and the first thing I decided to do was put all the finished-with paint up in the attic. Half way up the ladder I managed to drop a large almost-full pot of cream emulsion and it exploded open as it hit the floor.
    I can't begin to describe the mess - cream paint all over the floor, walls, wardrobe, pictures. Everywhere.
    I've been trying to clean it up, but everything will need repainting - just when it was finally finished.
    I called my friend and had a big cry - he was very reassuring. (And here's the Chryed bit!) I was being all pathetic and said I felt so stupid because it was all my fault for dropping the paint and he said 'It's not your fault. These things happen. Sometimes stuff just happens.' Cue big grin from me! I said 'That's exactly what Christian said the last time Chryed were on Eastenders.' and he said 'Well, Christian is right.'
    Oddly, this did make me feel much better - the amazing healing power of Chryed seeping into real life. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GotchaToo wrote: »

Darn, they're depriving us of one of the few things that keep us amused whilst waiting for chryed to be on screen again - Elltridge spotting. :sleep:

I hope hope hope that chryed have a better May-August than they did January-April in terms of screentime. I bet Marc and John do too..

Do we know what's happening with EE during the Olympics? Is it going to BBC2 or is it being taken off air?
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GotchaToo wrote: »

They just don't want to give us spoiler glimpses of the two-week filming of Chryed's spectacular wedding extravaganza. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a look at all the magazines and there's no new Chryed news/hints in any of them :(

Although, Rita got asked in All About Soap who Roxy's ideal man would be and she answered: "Christian! If only he were straight."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Darn, they're depriving us of one of the few things that keep us amused whilst waiting for chryed to be on screen again - Elltridge spotting. :sleep:

I hope hope hope that chryed have a better May-August than they did January-April in terms of screentime. I bet Marc and John are too..

Do we know what's happening with EE during the Olympics? Is it going to BBC2 or is it being taken off air?

BIB: With Sharon's return, Kat's return (Closer mag say she's back filming next month) and Janine and Michael's summer wedding coming up, I wouldn't count on it. :( Really hope I'm wrong though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    Back from my mum's over Easter and having the most terrible day, which I shall now relate. Bear with it... it is Chryed related!

I've been having building work done since before Christmas, spent most of January staying at a friend's because my bedroom was out of action, not been able to have anyone round for months, everything covered in dust. I finally managed to get all the painting finished just before Easter and was looking forward to spending today cleaning up all the plaster dust and putting paintings on the wall and sending out invites to my friends to come and see my new house.
    So I got up, got dressed and the first thing I decided to do was put all the finished-with paint up in the attic. Half way up the ladder I managed to drop a large almost-full pot of cream emulsion and it exploded open as it hit the floor.
    I can't begin to describe the mess - cream paint all over the floor, walls, wardrobe, pictures. Everywhere.
    I've been trying to clean it up, but everything will need repainting - just when it was finally finished.
    I called my friend and had a big cry - he was very reassuring. (And here's the Chryed bit!) I was being all pathetic and said I felt so stupid because it was all my fault for dropping the paint and he said 'It's not your fault. These things happen. Sometimes stuff just happens.' Cue big grin from me! I said 'That's exactly what Christian said the last time Chryed were on Eastenders.' and he said 'Well, Christian is right.'
    Oddly, this did make me feel much better - the amazing healing power of Chryed seeping into real life. :)

Oh no poor you, my hubby knocked gloss all over our carpet once! I've seen the pictures, it is looking good :) I hope you can get it sorted out without too much hassle.
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry about the paint Alex (((hugs))) x
    KBambi wrote: »
    Had a look at all the magazines and there's no new Chryed news/hints in any of them :(

Although, Rita got asked in All About Soap who Roxy's ideal man would and she answered: "Christian! If only he were straight."

Thanks! :) At least Roxy understands what being gay is, unlike Amira!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,223
    Forum Member
    AlexinBrum wrote: »

Aw, so sorry, hun. Must be so frustrating. Glad a bit of Christian quotage made you feel better!
This discussion has been closed.