Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read through all of this thread, but just wanted to give my opinion on this whole thing. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that there's going to be an enquiry into all of this. The man is dead for god sake. So what if 350 people are saying Jimmy Saville touched them up...I'm sorry, but in my opinion they should have said something when he was alive. I find it unbelievable the way the BBC, members of the government etc are speaking about all of this and the way they are talking about Jimmy Saville. I mean, all of this money spent on the enquiry and what is exactly are they expecting to come from it? The man is dead and it will be impossible to prove anything. I feel sorry for the victims and think the whole thing is horrible, but they should have spoke out when he was alive.

With all due respect , I feel that you're missing the bigger picture .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bubble2 wrote: »
    yes, very dramatic change

People like the PA and ChildLine's E.R who kept quiet for all those years , THEN came out denying all knowledge to cover their own backs THEN start to completely change their stories should be named , shamed and their quotes and actions advertised for all to see . The Beeb's own enquiries are going to be a waste of time as highlighted by these examples of people just saying anything to save themselves .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hydon wrote: »
    who cares about this silly woman.

I think it's good that the PA and ChildLine's very own E.R have given statements and days later completely hanged their stance and stories . It shows that the people connected and around SaVILE simply can't be trusted . Maybe it's going to take a court appearance under oath to get some kind of honesty out if these dispicable characterers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually find it more outrageous that nurses and other hospital staff stood back and allowed these terrible things to happen to vulnerable people in their care , than ER s actions (or lack of) . These people had a duty of care and what should be investigated is WHO they were scared of and WHY ?? Child protection hopefully has come a long way since the 60s and 70s but the nursing profession has always carried that duty of care and hearing that nurses stood by and allowed these things to happen both to vulnerable adults and children is shameful and makes me ashamed of my profession .:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    In an interview with the Daily Express Esther appears to have reigned back on what she claimed to have been told or knew?

That would have been 1961 before he worked for the BBC?

He was allegedly abusing young girls as early as 1958 according to a report I saw a few days ago , saying he was sacked from his job in 1958 , as a nightclub manager for sexually abusing young females .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually find it more outrageous that nurses and other hospital staff stood back and allowed these terrible things to happen to vulnerable people in their care , than ER s actions (or lack of) . These people had a duty of care and what should be investigated is WHO they were scared of and WHY ?? Child protection hopefully has come a long way since the 60s and 70s but the nursing profession has always carried that duty of care and hearing that nurses stood by and allowed these things to happen both to vulnerable adults and children is shameful and makes me ashamed of my profession .:cry:

This !
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Savile's former PA, Janet, seems to have changed her opinion since yesterday and is now saying she was terrified of him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jimmy-saviles-former-personal-assistant-janet-cope-slams-the-manipulative-tv-star-8214367.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they'd already had the story a few years, and tried to blow the whistle on him themselves (including speaking to police). It was well known he was protected as it was that he wasn't to be trusted around girls and women. People in media protect each other, most of the time so i could kind of understand why he wasnt being exposed, but i think if they would have known the full extent of all thats recently come forward they would have definitely done something about it. They were (and are) well used to celebs being screwed up (tho not specifically pedos) - as i have said before, most of them usually have huge problems, and when you see all these threads on showbiz a lot of the time its the less juicier stuff that gets reported on, usually even with the celebs consent - they are able to hide a lot more than people would think.

Mr Saville must be laughing in is grave now... he won't be held accountable for it now... I hope the people who 'turned a blind eye' are though...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Hi, first post please be gentle. I've been following this thread since the start as someone who was abused by an older child, she was female and our next door neighbour, her mum and my mum were good friends, I was terrified of her, still am. I could never tell my father it'd break his heart.

I'm now a mum of 3 who are all my world and wanted to say please keep talking and should we be doing something to make sure we get full and honest answers to so many questions?
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    This !

They were in fear for their jobs, they would be publicly ridiculed , their families would get the flak

My family were badly let down by the local authorities in a situation which might have led to our deaths. Inquiry after enquiry and it was obvious that although they were culpable but they came to nothing as they lied to save their jobs. The politicialns both local and district were all the same party and wouldnt push for culpability and those same people are still in a job which means others are still in danger from these negligent officials.

I fought as hard as I could but the politicians had it all sewn up.

That is why I believe that those who saw covered up rather than do the decent thing because they could see it would rebound on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    festyflo wrote: »
    Hi, first post please be gentle. I've been following this thread since the start as someone who was abused by an older child, she was female and our next door neighbour, her mum and my mum were good friends, I was terrified of her, still am. I could never tell my father it'd break his heart.

I'm now a mum of 3 who are all my world and wanted to say please keep talking and should we be doing something to make sure we get full and honest answers to so many questions?

Welcome to the forum, so sorry to hear about your experience, you sound like a positive person, totally agree with your sentiments about keeping going with this. :)
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read through all of this thread, but just wanted to give my opinion on this whole thing. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that there's going to be an enquiry into all of this. The man is dead for god sake. So what if 350 people are saying Jimmy Saville touched them up...I'm sorry, but in my opinion they should have said something when he was alive. I find it unbelievable the way the BBC, members of the government etc are speaking about all of this and the way they are talking about Jimmy Saville. I mean, all of this money spent on the enquiry and what is exactly are they expecting to come from it? The man is dead and it will be impossible to prove anything. I feel sorry for the victims and think the whole thing is horrible, but they should have spoke out when he was alive.

No disrespect but it's pretty obvious that you've never read this thread. If you had you'd know that not only has the subject of why the victims didn't speak out earlier been discussed at great length weeks ago, but also you'd have seen comments for victims of sexual abuse explaining why they felt scared of speaking out.

The moral of the story? Read before you post.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    bambii wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum, so sorry to hear about your experience, you sound like a positive person, totally agree with your sentiments about keeping going with this. :)

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    They were in fear for their jobs, they would be publicly ridiculed , their families would get the flak

My family were badly let down by the local authorities in a situation which might have led to our deaths. Inquiry after enquiry and it was obvious that although they were culpable but they came to nothing as they lied to save their jobs. The politicialns both local and district were all the same party and wouldnt push for culpability and those same people are still in a job which means others are still in danger from these negligent officials.

I fought as hard as I could but the politicians had it all sewn up.

That is why I believe that those who saw covered up rather than do the decent thing because they could see it would rebound on them.

Maybe the decent thing now would be for them to come forward and admit what they saw and say WHO and WHAT they were frightened of ....
  • Options
    brancakebrancake Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    festyflo wrote: »

Welcome Festyflo. Sorry to hear of your traumatic experience. Yes, I agree, we need to keep talking about this and lets hope that we do get full and honest answers.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true Alison Phillips who writes in the Mirror. Police Stations would be full to the top.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-child-abuse-gripes-1382912
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roger Ordish who worked on Jim Fix It seems blinkered or stunned to Savile Scandal on ITV This Morning on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... and still no mention of the Royals and his connection to them in the mainstream media.

You would have thought that would have been the first place journalists went with this story, even just to get a comment.
  • Options
    luckylegsluckylegs Posts: 7,400
    Forum Member

Blimey thats a bit of a turn about she's found her voice too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nervous?

And what of the people who helped Savile, and who are still wroking in the media and with chidlren?

And what of the victims? They DID speak up, but were not believed. And even today, people such as yourself want to shut them up.

Makes me wonder about your motives.
  • Options
    moonvisagemoonvisage Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I think a lot of councillors and mayors shold be questioned aswell.There always seems to be a councillor and mayor somewhere along the line.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like they will be arresting Gary Glitter. Surely he knows a lot of names and things that have gone on - the point he finally blows could be very interesting.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Never mind the BBC. I was appalled by the statements in the newspaper about nurses warning children to pretend to be alseep when Jimmy came to visit. Horrendous. Why was this man given keys to hospitals and mental homes? Why? Why was he allowed to wander around wards alone? Why and how could he have been able to abuse children for YEARS and nobody did anything to stop him having access to children?

I must admit I am not surprised that someone like Kerry Katona is getting on the bandwagon in one of the magazines. What is going on NOW that we are not being told about. It is time for these paedophiles to be NAMED and SHAMED and PROSECUTED to the full extent of the law. I do not care how famous they are or how much money they conveniently make for charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems like they will be arresting Gary Glitter. Surely he knows a lot of names and things that have gone on - the point he finally blows could be very interesting.

Police knocking on peoples doors, just like the phone hacking scandal.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    Savile's former PA, Janet, seems to have changed her opinion since yesterday and is now saying she was terrified of him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jimmy-saviles-former-personal-assistant-janet-cope-slams-the-manipulative-tv-star-8214367.html

I believe you are talking about TWO different articles. One with his secretary and one with his Public Relations Representative.
This discussion has been closed.