Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Hicky i have just told you it DOES exist. :-eek:
    I'm not talking about Albino, thats different, i'm saying black skin has black hair.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    From wiki. (but there are plenty of photos of dark people with red hair available)
    QUOTE..
    n Asia, darker or mixed tinges of red hair can be found sporadically from Northern India, the northern Middle East (such as Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Palestine). Red hair can be found amongst those of Iranian descent, such as the Persians, Lurs, Nuristanis and Pashtuns. Emigration from these people, as well as parts of the Middle East, Central Asia, North India, and North Africa added to the population of red haired humans in the Americas, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and other parts of Africa and Europe.
    END QUOTE

The type of albinism that gives red hair with black skin is "rufous" (possibly spelled wrong) but it occurs in the normal way too.
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Aren't grandchildren fantastic, young Sidd walking around with his shopping trolley.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/314982_10200150220372858_2001363728_n.jpg

They are indeed....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not talking about Albino, thats different, i'm saying black skin has black hair.

Not always. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From wiki. (but there are plenty of photos of dark people with red hair available)
    QUOTE..
    n Asia, darker or mixed tinges of red hair can be found sporadically from Northern India, the northern Middle East (such as Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Palestine). Red hair can be found amongst those of Iranian descent, such as the Persians, Lurs, Nuristanis and Pashtuns. Emigration from these people, as well as parts of the Middle East, Central Asia, North India, and North Africa added to the population of red haired humans in the Americas, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and other parts of Africa and Europe.
    END QUOTE

The type of albinism that gives red hair with black skin is "rufous" (possibly spelled wrong) but it occurs in the normal way too.
    I don't know where the red hair could come from then, maybe it's with the races getting more mixed as time goes on.

They would sure be shocked to have a baby that didn't have black hair, thats for sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Certainly, there are a lot less nesting and it is when they fledge and leave the nests that the mites start looking for new hosts.As you can see, the 'curly' roof tiles encourage nests.
    We have concrete floors with marble tiles on top so I sympathise, they are very chilly, they exude chilliness, but are great in hot weather....

i never realised before that birds would nest on a roof. i suppose because i'm used to seeing flat tiles round here where it never happens.

concrete floor is a blessing in the summer, although it can't fail to stay cooler in here since the sun never shines in the windows. i've often thought of painting the wall opposite silver to reflect some kind of sunnyness in here :cool:

right, i'm off to quiet my brain for a bit.

toodle pip all :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why dont they just ask someone who has tasted dog to look while they wait for a dog test? Why dont they have a full range? :confused:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2299519/Has-DOG-meat-food-New-takeaway-horror-experts-discover-mystery-meat-lamb-curry.html
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I'm fully aware of that.........in fact it was Arte who brought prices into the equation & other FM's were discussing that along with earth hour.

As I pointed out before, not everything is about you, despite your 'suspicion' that it is.......

I'm sure in time you'll get over it.

Which is what I originally said......better be careful, you'll be accused of having a jaded negative attitude.

That couldn't be done for various reasons, people on home dialysis, or monitors etc.

Absolutely horrible for all concerned.

It is - and when I hear people locally moaning about the inconvenience it makes me cross - we've had no power outtages, as far as I know no-one has lost their livelihood, so we really should be grateful.
    doodle doo wrote: »
    afternoon all :) hope we're not too cold.

denners still had some ewes so i really hope they're not struggling with too much snow. it's due to get warmer and not so snowy in the south west first i think, so cross fingers it was shortlived snow down there.

but it's a pretty awful situation, i watched a short clip on the bbc website about it, poor things :( snow is an insulator isn't it? so if you as a person get caught in a snow drift you're meant to dig a snow hole. but i guess it depends on the length of time you or an animal is under there.

I think with the lambs I mentioned earlier it was the fact that they were born straight onto a cold surface and the mums couldn't manouevre round to attend to them. It must be heart breaking for them, apart from the cash loss they'll now incur.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aren't grandchildren fantastic, young Sidd walking around with his shopping trolley.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/314982_10200150220372858_2001363728_n.jpg

They are Hicky, a constant joy and never fail to raise a smile:cool:
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »

Rupert is totally gorgeous Moots, it can't be easy to keep him warm and out of harms way - if he lived with us OH would have trodden/sat/dropped heavy stuff on him more than once:rolleyes:
    :o:o so far I have shut him in the bathroom door, and tonight I sat on him:o
    You should have seen me do a backwards and upwards leap, spilling my coffee over various importamnt things like the remote control:D:D

TheElf wrote: »
    I am such a dizzy elf today.

I got up and put my BlackBerry on charge, sat back down and started scrambling around like a lunatic thinking I had lost it... *facepalm*
    I do that sort of thng too, Elfy :o

Hicky he is so GORGEOUS. Has his mum thought of getting him into modelling? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    You should have seen me do a backwards and upwards leap, spilling my coffee over various importamnt things like the remote control:D:D

I do that sort of thng too, Elfy :o

Hicky he is so GORGEOUS. Has his mum thought of getting him into modelling? :cool:

It can't be easy spotting someone so small - and they can get into the most unexpected places! Millie was never as small as Rupert from the minute we brought her home, but OH managed to stand on her feet several times before he got used to walking carefully:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :)

Flora's prize..:D
    Hicky, your grandson is adorable..:)
    Poor moots and rupert! Perhaps you should get him a flashing collar so he's easier to spot :D

I was forever tripping over our dog in the kitchen, black dog on a black floor...especially since she had a ninja-like ability to move from the chair to behind my feet just as I was about to step back or turn around....:D

Usual weds here, yoga, coffee, kick stuff, coffee, Thai lesson, gin.:p:D

Laters x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose we should have realised they don't have many red heads in Thailand.

I don't think she's a natural redhead, Hicky :D;)

They don't, but they do have hair dye..;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcohol ban during Songkran...:eek:
    That's going to go down well with the bars and restaurants in the restricted areas.....not. Peak holiday season too, not one of their brighter ideas I think...

...really going now...
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Flora's prize..:D
    Hicky, your grandson is adorable..:)
    Poor moots and rupert! Perhaps you should get him a flashing collar so he's easier to spot :D

I was forever tripping over our dog in the kitchen, black dog on a black floor...especially since she had a ninja-like ability to move from the chair to behind my feet just as I was about to step back or turn around....:D

Usual weds here, yoga, coffee, kick stuff, coffee, Thai lesson, gin.:p:D

Laters x

Morning halla :D

Thanks for the prize, bit disappointing I was expecting a car :D
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone :)

Weather same as yesterday, sunny, with a nip in the air....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Mornering Everyone.:-)[highlight](((((( {o-^-o} ))))))[/highlight]

Another lovely Spring chilly day, freezing more like it.
    Why dont they just ask someone who has tasted dog to look while they wait for a dog test? Why dont they have a full range? :-confused:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2299519/Has-DOG-meat-food-New-takeaway-horror-experts-discover-mystery-meat-lamb-curry.html
    I have started making a lot more of my meals from the raw ingredients, you can't trust anyone.

Have they tested the Milk and Orange Juice yet?.:-)))))))))))
    And hope the bacon is real Pig, that would be a blow.
    :o:o so far I have shut him in the bathroom door, and tonight I sat on him:-o
    You should have seen me do a backwards and upwards leap, spilling my coffee over various important things like the remote control:-D:-D

I do that sort of thng too, Elfy :-o

Hicky he is so GORGEOUS. Has his mum thought of getting him into modelling? :-cool:
    We live nowhere near places like that, the only police car we see is on the TV.:-)))))))))))
    It's an idea though.
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good Morning Everyone :-)

Weather same as yesterday, sunny, with a nip in the air....
    Morning Arte.:-))))))))))))))

We are expecting some sun, but there's more heat in a ciggy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning Arte and Hicky :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :)
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    It is - and when I hear people locally moaning about the inconvenience it makes me cross - we've had no power outtages, as far as I know no-one has lost their livelihood, so we really should be grateful.

I think with the lambs I mentioned earlier it was the fact that they were born straight onto a cold surface and the mums couldn't manouevre round to attend to them. It must be heart breaking for them, apart from the cash loss they'll now incur.
    I wonder how they will use the lamb carcasses? Is it possible here for the skins to be collected for "broadtail style" coats?
    :

none of ours has ever been injured but Pippin has a had a few close shaves. She is too wooly for her collar to be visible.
    I bet now that Rupert has been sat on he will move sharpish in future.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all........been snowing overnight again!
    At least 7/8 inches! (maybe even more) There seems to be no end to it! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,616
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,616
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning all........been snowing overnight again!
    At least 7/8 inches! (maybe even more) There seems to be no end to it! :rolleyes:

Best of luck with all that snow.

Here, it's just very cold. No further snow since last weekend.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Morning Eddy :D
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Best of luck with all that snow.

Here, it's just very cold. No further snow since last weekend.

:)

Never mind Easter eggs, the Easter bunny will be getting caught & made into a warm stew! :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning Honey, SR and Eddy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning Honey, SR and Eddy :D

Morning Flora.........*lobs a snowball at Flora's head* SPLAT! :eek::D
This discussion has been closed.