Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McColl wrote: »
    I absolutely hate that ad ....the way she looks and talks is not at all natural.!

That's cos she knows she's spouting shite :mad:
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    118 :mad::mad:
    want to put an axe through the tv screen every time it comes on who thinks this load of s*** up :mad:
  • Options
    g4jcg4jc Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I record all programmes so I can whizz through the ads. If I watch a couple of programmes saves me around 35/45 mins.

(Even more if it is a 'documentary' (bit dubious these days) where we are taken through the 'coming up in this show/next/later' and 'so far we've seen...' then the mandatory recap after the ads. that cuts out another 5/15 mins minimum)

Errr... anyway back to the ads reading this thread, I now find myself rewinding to watch ads to work out what the likes of Stinky kev et al are talking about :eek::eek::eek:
    I mean the heads of the aliens not my numerous kids, although now my Triplets want blue aliens too----
    That Sainsbury's 'Mr Rabbit', 'Mr Rabbit' ad where the little girl is taking care of the chocolate rabbit and playing with it, only then to be seen chewing its ears off!
    Stinky Kev wrote: »
    Stab me in my eyes!!! The bird in them adverts is fit as but I'd love to take a shit on her then run away just to see her right off!!

Got to admit all this makes me feel quite nervous :eek::confused:
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,567
    Forum Member
    The BT Trio have a new ad :eek: Arghhhhhhhh!!!!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Stinky Kev wrote: »
    Stab me in my eyes!!! The bird in them adverts is fit as but I'd love to take a shit on her then run away just to see her right off!!

:eek:Not sure I ever want to see that! :confused::eek:
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,396
    Forum Member
    The Marachi Doritos

Please just piss off you walking stereotypes.
  • Options
    Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Current ad "hates":
    For laser vision surgery-"It's like living life in HD"----shut up
    The coffee advert where loads of people are buried up to their necks in coffee, whilst spinning around in coffee.
    The shed that is a baby, the admen must have been sniffing domestos to dream that one up.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Current ad "hates":
    The coffee advert where loads of people are buried up to their necks in coffee, whilst spinning around in coffee.
    The shed that is a baby, the admen must have been sniffing domestos to dream that one up.

I think it's been mentioned on this thread already but where is the mans head just before he gets up to attend to the shed baby? When the covers lift off the couple his head appears to be on the woman's boob.
  • Options
    Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    ...and of course if you watch a show on ITV4 that has been sponsored by a whisky company you get a room full of people playing charades=
    Woman-"Wind the bobbin up!!!"
    Man="Wind the daughter up more like"
    SHUT up shut up SHUT UP!
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Current ad "hates":

its the way she says Haitch :mad::mad::mad:
    want to scream
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trivago one where the woman say 'perfectttt' ...****ing really grates
  • Options
    Stinky KevStinky Kev Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    :eek:Not sure I ever want to see that! :confused::eek:

It would be better than watching them at a Halloween party or seeing one of there mothers coming round to stay
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, you have to laugh at laptop adverts nowadays. There seems to be a competition to design the laptop that operates in the most different "positions", regardless of how pointlessly impractical it looks. Bonkers.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to be having something to eat at at 5.30 and be subjected to an ad about a woman spitting blood.

Didn't help it was immediately followed by a trailer based round an old guy 'farting like a trooper'

Delightful mealtime viewing.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The couple on the betfair ad seem to lead a lonely existence. They get home, don't talk to each other just sit on opposite sides of the sofa gambling away on their phones and other gadgets.

Sign me up for that life betfair!!!!
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking the rules here, but this has to be one of the BEST adverts I've seen. So simple, but so touching (especially if you love horses like I do):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPG7PcI67dE

I seem to have something in my eye :cry:
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    That was lovely :( Very touching.
    McColl wrote: »
    Lovely! why can't all ads be so good to watch!
    Thanks.
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    :eek: ................ :cry: Lovely.
    EddyW wrote: »
    As others have said in response, that is absolutely brilliant!

It is simply done, but so well put together. Love it when the horse looks back!
    Libitina wrote: »
    I seem to have something in my eye :cry:

Is it bad that I didn't find that advert touching at all? :o
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »

Is it bad that I didn't find that advert touching at all? :o

Nah , I just thought of Findus lasagne and watery beer. ;)
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect these have been mentioned but The Voice adverts on BBC are doing the opposite to that which is intended!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    I expect these have been mentioned but The Voice adverts on BBC are doing the opposite to that which is intended!

The credit squash and voice over plugging it over the new closing titles / music for Doctor Who have assured that I will never watch it on principle.
  • Options
    Janet_AgarJanet_Agar Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    The windows advert with a demented looking man dressed in a long red coat-pushing windows over and screaming"buy one get one free".Who would want to buy anything from him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Those voice rapping/poetry adverts are getting on my nerves. The Royal Navy amongst others.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,567
    Forum Member
    Go Compare's new ad with the dog wearing 'that' outfit :D:D I should hate it but I love it :o
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I hate the crying shed advert. I suppose the advertisers think it's funny. OH said if our shed made a noise like that he'd chop it up and have a bonfire.

Then there's the woman who has lazer eye surgery. She looks weird after. Her neck looks strange.

As for Robert Lindsay advertising Sky. He sounds totally bored. It's completely unconvincing.

Two of the BT students are much too old to be regular students so they could be studying for years and years. Terrible thought.
  • Options
    ch958ch958 Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    The Marachi Doritos

Please just piss off you walking stereotypes.

the worst thing of all is the trendy miidle class dicks who will be actually booking these people for their own get togethers to show their pissy friends what wags they are
This discussion has been closed.