Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,049
    Forum Member
    Orange pips hiding in segments - there is no nice way to remove them from your mouth
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    people cutting corners when they're turning right - there is a line in the middle of the road, cars might be coming the other way, so it won't cost you any time to drive another 2ft forward before turning :rolleyes:

I get really annoyed when cars are taking a left turn, yet feel the need to do a massive swerve to the right before doing so.
  • Options
    Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kids and anything to do with them!
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    I get really annoyed when cars are taking a left turn, yet feel the need to do a massive swerve to the right before doing so.

There was a time when you could move out and overtake a car who was going left, but the practice of 'swinging out' has become so common nowadays that it isn't recommended. Almost everyone seems to do it.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who don't seem to understand how bus lanes work.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who slow down and stop at a roundabout - even though there's clearly no traffic coming.
    They then fanny about pulling away which usually means by the time they've got on the roundabout traffic IS coming and you get stuck. If they'd just entered the roundabout there would have been time for both of you to get through before traffic appeared!
  • Options
    owlie81owlie81 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    when drivers slow down behind a parked car to let oncoming traffic pass then they indicate as they pull out and continue down the road - I know you're going that way, duh!

Also drivers on the motorway who tailgate you when there's clearly a whole line of cars in front of you and no way around - exactly where would you like me to go?
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting looking stories on news sites that turn out to be video only. Particularly if I'm looking at it on my phone. The Guardian is a particular bastard for doing this.

Just give me some bloody text. The amount of information you've put in your 5 minute video I could read in about 45 seconds. I don't need a ground level, slightly-out-of-focus shot of a load of feet walking down the street to enhance my experience, I just want the information in the most efficient way possible, and that's text.

No problem with an optional video though.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Car manufacturers quoting fuel economy figures in mpg (miles-per-gallon).

How ridiculous when fuel has not been sold by the gallon in the UK for well over 10 years.

Most people can't relate to a gallon these days, so why use it?:mad:
  • Options
    strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get annoyed in shops when people don't stack the shopping baskets neatly at the check out one person plonk a basket down skewed then others just follow. also when people in clothes shops look at an item of clothing and it falls off the hanger they just walk away.

At junctions when drivers waiting to pull out to the right don't leave room for cars wanting to turn left.

Oh god the basket thing! I have been known to sort them because it bothers me.

Another thing that really annoys me is the (non) word 'addicting'.

"OMG this app is so addicting!" No it's not, that's not a word. Addictive is what you mean!
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 annoys me.

It's far too big to be a mobile phone & far too small to be a tablet PC, so what is it for?:confused:
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who don't walk straight or stop suddenly when you are walking behind them.

Women with prams who don't consider other people. Such as on Buses when there is no room for their pram but they still squeeze it in somehow blocking other people from getting on and off the bus.

Smokers just dropping their butts on the street. It's disgusting to see streets littered with the things. For me it's the biggest litter mess.
  • Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adult women acting and talking like little girls, there seems to be more and more of them these days.

There's a woman who works in a shop near me, when you go in she starts with the breathy high voice and the silly faces, drives me mad, she's my age!

There's loads of women singers who do this too, the worst being Ellie Goulding:mad:
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the ketchup is nearly all gone, and when you squeeze the bottle it makes farty noises.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    Hysterical overprotective parents - we have one parent who walks their 10 year old to their desk at school, every morning. There's nothing wrong with the kid, but the parent is obsessed that their kid will be abused if let go at the school gate. By all accounts, the poor kid is really embarassed.

surely no school would allow that, after what happened in Dunblane?
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    Sorry, but I have to agree with the people. Although I wouldn't be shouting at her, I agree with their sentiments. She may well pick it up, but I'm sure there would be residue left over; and the beach is where a lot of people run around barefoot. Its bad enough on the pavements where you wear shoes, let alone getting it on your feet.

What about all those baby and toddler poops and pees their parents bury in the sand? Then one day you are building a sandcastle and you find it has a bit more to it then you really wanted.
    Also there are the smokers who bury their butts. The remains of food left over and others ect... The beach is never going to be spotlessly clean. Dog poop that is picked up is a non issue even if "residue" is left compared to the above I've mentioned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate that, when 2 lanes merge into one you get the cheeky beggars that zoom ahead and expect to be let in.

that's why there are two lanes. if the idiots want to queue up in lane one like sheep, I will go past in lane two. stuff em'
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you are standing in the queue for the cash machine and the person in front puts about three different bank cards in to check the various balance.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Printed forms and web pages etc that show the date ambiguously - 04/03/09 - or in an incorrect way - 04:53 PM - when date formatting codes are so absolutely simple to use that there really is no excuse not to format dates & times properly; 04 Mar 2009, 16:53 or 4:53 PM, or whatever. Ambiguity and invalid leading zeroes do my head in.

You did say trivial things?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    Having An auto answer And choosing an option then paying and waiting 20 mins for a reply

Ever tried ringing BT? Almost impossible to get through to a human being. Ironic really.
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Oh, thought of another one :D I was at a corner shop once, and took what I wanted to the till only to discover the guy serving me was on the phone..

I am increasingly tempted to reach over and disconnect the call before saying loudly "You are being paid to serve customers." Accompanied by the stare. Or I might just tip my basket out and walk off. Depends how much chocolate I have had.

Saw the supermarket cleaner last week in a hidden corner vaguely wiping the same patch of floor while chatting away. Most animated I have ever seen her.
    riceuten wrote: »
    Indeed

What I *do* like is the fact that, in the 25 minute train journey from Stevenage to London and vv, there are *8* tunnels, 3 of them fairly lengthy, and two of them quite close, just enough time for the phone tossers above to ring their comrade and say "Sorry I got cut off, we just went through a tun...." - seeing their annoyance mount as we head off leads to many a stifled giggle.

:p That made my day.
    I am really looking forward to watching people attempting to watch Sky mobile on my route.
    Interesting looking stories on news sites that turn out to be video only. Particularly if I'm looking at it on my phone. The Guardian is a particular bastard for doing this....No problem with an optional video though.

Kills the browser where I work so I have to waste 5 minutes killing it, restarting it, it tries to open the same page, killing it again, then opening it a third time. And losing any other pages I have open. Hate to think what it's like for blind people.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    When you are standing in the queue for the cash machine and the person in front puts about three different bank cards in to check the various balance.

Just mutter loudly "It's not winner stays on you know"
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    What about all those baby and toddler poops and pees their parents bury in the sand? Then one day you are building a sandcastle and you find it has a bit more to it then you really wanted.
    Also there are the smokers who bury their butts. The remains of food left over and others ect... The beach is never going to be spotlessly clean. Dog poop that is picked up is a non issue even if "residue" is left compared to the above I've mentioned.

Firstly I'm not fond of the beach anyway, so I tend not to go on any. And secondly, they are all objectionable I don't prefer one over the other.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad drivers. Going to the park yesterday in the car, going through a set of lights when the woman in front decided to stop just past the lights to let someone out of an entrance, with a line of traffic behind her, which means someone was stuck in the middle of the traffic lights. She proceeded to accelerate and stop abruptly the whole time up the road
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Interesting looking stories on news sites that turn out to be video only. Particularly if I'm looking at it on my phone. The Guardian is a particular bastard for doing this..

What annoys me is when you click on the video link and find an ad that is longer than the clip you want to see. Or after watching the ad all you get is a black screen and "This clip is not available in your country",
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything at low level or on wheels that can cause damage to either of my big toes. In the past week my right toe has been stubbed by a door, and has been rolled over twice ( once by a medication trolley and another by a wheelchair ). One of those times hurt that much I had to check to make sure the thing was still attached to my body.
This discussion has been closed.