Options

Shooting in Woolwich, London

Comments

• Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Exclusive:

He made a series of political statements.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you," he said.
    http://www.itv.com/news/

no surprise .
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    From the ITV news footage, with the alleged killers still milling around the crime scene, several WOMEN went to tend to the victim while onlookers stood way back.

That's what the original eye witness said who called LBC. Described how some people tried to protect/help the victim even as the attackers stood over them watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the ITV news footage, with the alleged killers still milling around the crime scene, several WOMEN went to tend to the victim while onlookers stood way back.

"YOU PEOPLE will never be safe."

Us people eh?
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they were shot. Scum like that shouldn't be allowed to live.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    he has an english accent

Yeah, he was definitely a Londoner. Apologised that women had to witness it!:eek:
  • Options
    NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    The Police's reaction to the murder was governed by procedures laid down in their Health and Safety Guidelines
    In other words stand back for 20 mins whilst awaiting ARV unit and observe an armed man with clever at hand waltz down the footpath towards other members of public and do nothing.

Absolutely pathetic sums the whole sorry situation (mainland cops) up.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I wasn't, no. I have morals and compassion both. Yourself? Well, your posts say you don't.

I'm nobody's apologist, love, I'm simply pointing out that a nurse doesn't get to decide who they treat. They do their job. The one they are paid to do.

Great attempt at playing the victim and casting aspersions though, well done!

Well tbh wev'e heard it all before from you many times....
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It took 20 minutes for the police to arrive. If this was the USA, any cop could have shot them.

Apparently, local police were standing at the end of the street waiting for armed response. Anything could have happened to other members of the public while the police refused to move in.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw it and I'm gobsmacked. The poor young man, just minding his business on a seemingly normal day and sadistically murdered in broad daylight and so publicly. Just utterly tragic and my thoughts are with his family.

I think we would all echo that.

Its just dreadful.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,093
    Forum Member
    ITV's video has one of the terrorist's saying: "We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you," - pretty much confirmation its an Islamic terror attack
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UncleLou wrote: »
    Only scum likes scum. NHS shouldn't be giving treatment to terrorists.

It isn't about liking people. Clearly you have no understanding of that.
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBilly wrote: »
    Anyone see that on ITV news? :eek:

I know, shocking. Can't believe they're allowed to show that :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    ITV's video has one of the terrorist's saying: "We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you," - pretty much confirmation its an Islamic terror attack

He could be a lunatic.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    I was unaware of the new development. But I am not sure what Cobra will achieve.

As I said earlier, they'll be looking at the possibility of further such attacks on Forces personnel and assessing what level of security alert to call.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,012
    Forum Member
    Very shocking footage on ITV news. One of the killers approaching and talking to someone filming it, his hands are literally drenched with blood. It looks like he is wearing red gloves.
    TheBilly wrote: »
    Anyone see that on ITV news? :eek:

Shocking is an understatement.
    ITV should have not broadcast that in my opinion.
    The victim has family and friends out there watching that.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,093
    Forum Member
    He could be a lunatic.

If he was by himself then possible - however there were two of them
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Exclusive: Man with bloodied hands at Woolwich scene

ITV News has obtained footage of a man with bloodied hands and carrying knives speaking into a camera in Woolwich.

He made a series of political statements.

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you," he said.
    http://www.itv.com/news/
    "We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you,"

Not exactly a very fair fight. Cowardly scum.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    or better still, between the legs.

deffo. that'll teach em lol.
    UncleLou wrote: »
    Multiculturalism doesn't work.

And your basing this on what one attack of a few terror attacks. this is nothing to do with multiculturalism its to do with a load of nut jobs.

From what i see every day it does work if you let it.
    omipalone wrote: »
    Knobs!!

Pretty much, all the EDL wanna do is fight, they'll probs end up fighting each other tonight anyways lol.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    sixtynine wrote: »
    I know, shocking. Can't believe they're allowed to show that :eek:

good on itv, we dont need this being censored
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    proviso wrote: »
    The chances of being the victim of a terror attack are almost zero. Worry about getting hit by a car, or having a heart attack. Terrorism poses no threat to you or your family.

Yes, for some perspective consider that (assuming this is terrorism) it's the first terror-related killing in Britain for almost eight years. What would we have given to be so free of terrorism back in the 70s or 80s?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    drykid wrote: »
    Yeah, very disturbing. Although I wouldn't say he looked muslim, as the BBC were claiming.

The BBC weren't claiming that, they were just reporting what supposed eyewitnesses were claiming
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    proviso wrote: »
    It's tragic this man has been killed, especially in such an awful manner, but people are murdered every day. Just because the motives of the murderers were religion or politics rather than money or love or any of the usual ones, doesn't make this some sort of national emergency.

It does if there is a real danger of tit for tat escalation on that basis.

If right wing extremists kill some muslims in some other part of London in retaliation ....... a national emergency then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He could be a lunatic.
    Isn't that a given for a terrorist? I wouldn't exactly think they're of sound mind. They're still terrorists if they do it for an ideology, though.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    If a serving soldier isn't safe in the middle of the day,a short distance away from an army barracks in London,then no one is safe, apart from muslims of course.
    Glad I don't live there, it will only get worse.

What tosh. Are you telling me the 7/7 bombers cared if there were Muslims around when they blew up there bombs. Do you know how many Muslims died on 9/11 ? They simply don't care....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, local police were standing at the end of the street waiting for armed response. Anything could have happened to other members of the public while the police refused to move in.

Ahahha. You can't make this up. So if they had guns, everyone would be totally fooked.
This discussion has been closed.