Options

This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 20**

Comments

• Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KitKat21 wrote: »
    A friend of mine loves, loves, loves Cath Kidston.

She also votes for Smugsanna.

Coincidence? ;-)

:D:D

As my friend will have it, Mumsnet made flesh.

(We have a new feature now - when she says MNMF I'm supposed to reply do do di do do in a Muppet manner. So far, this has never happened :cool:)

Edit ... ooh, it looks like it's starting to get choppy out there.

Buckles on lifebelt
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I do scruffy, irritable, annoyed and grumpy, I don't ever, ever do twee

^_^ A very fat person photographed from beneath through a glass floor?
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    This isn't the same friend that loved 50 shades of sh*te is it?

Nope, that was my cousin. Who is obsessed with Hollyoaks and loved Ashley. :D

Not that I'm a snob or anything. :blush:
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cath Kidson? *shudder*

Awful, awful twee flowery, pointless little 'bits and bobs' (how I loathe that twee expression too, which is why I used it).

Not that anything that naff was ever seen in a household designed by two Post-modernist architects (the parents) who instilled in us a rabid design snobbery of gigantic proportions, without us even noticing. Even tea towels were chosen with infinite care. Not a spoon or saucer would ever appear on the table if did not conform to their concept of 'beautiful and useful with wonderful lines'.

Neither one of them was a label queen though. It was never about money, just great design.

I have suffered from this ever since. I am doomed, I tell ya. I cannot buy a mat, a chair or a mug unless it's the right shape and colour and 'works'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine traipsing round Maidenhead, Ruislip and Chipping Sodbury, personally knocking on the door and thanking every Cath Kidston-oven-glove-wearing Mumsnetter that voted for you, is rather wearing on the throat.

Brilliant! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Coincidence? ;-)

Makes total sense ^_^
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    :D:D

As my friend will have it, Mumsnet made flesh.

(We have a new feature now - when she says MNMF I'm supposed to reply do do di do do in a Muppet manner. So far, this has never happened :cool:)

We were threatening a friend at work who's getting married soon that we'd do a dance routine to Mahna Mahna from the Muppets at her reception only this morning. Somehow it morphed into Josephine Baker's banana dance by the time we'd finished. Somehow I don't think we'll be getting invites.:blush:
    Edit ... ooh, it looks like it's starting to get choppy out there.

Buckles on lifebelt

It's great fun isn't it?:D I'm hoping with all the tactical voting to prevent a Susanna win or get a Sophie win, Natalie will somehow slip between them and lift the glitterball. The mayhem would be awesome.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Makes total sense ^_^

See, that smiley suits you. It's definitely not me :cry: Stupid smilies.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Coincidence? ;-)

No - conspiracy!

Better not look top of your friend's bedside cabinet ^_^
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Coincidence? ;-)

Not really as I can't stand Cath Kidston but I like Susanna (and Natalie, Sophie, Abbey and Patrick for that matter). I'm also not middle class, don't come from the Home Counties and never post on Mumsnet.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Not really as I can't stand Cath Kidston but I like Susanna (and Natalie, Sophie, Abbey and Patrick for that matter). I'm also not middle class, don't come from the Home Counties and never post on Mumsnet.

But since you gave instructions on how to deal with the Glare on new forum by using Stylish, you are forgiven any transgressions
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am resigned to a Susanna victory.
    I would prefer Natalie, Abbey or Sophie. Not Patrick.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member

Coincidence? ;-)

You need to have a cull of your friends darling. Try it. It's most refreshing.
  • Options
    jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Sadly that's an issue at DS's end. The best thing to do is to follow the instructions I gave earlier and install Stylish and Grand Dizzy's style sheet, it will return the forum to as close as it was before their great "redesign".

Thanks for that info, I managed to install it on firefox as well ( though all I did was google Stylish and follow the instructions )
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Button62 wrote: »

When you say cull do you mean as in dropping them as friends or do you mean it in the badger sense as in with a shotgun? ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you say cull do you mean as in dropping them as friends or do you mean it in the badger sense as in with a shotgun? ^_^

Shotgun might be wiser. Stop anyone else's suffering at the same time. ;-):p
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smude wrote: »
    I am resigned to a Susanna victory.
    I would prefer Natalie, Abbey or Sophie. Not Patrick.

I thought from the line up announcement that Susanna would do well, then after Kevin from Grimsby became KevinfromGrimsby and Blackpool have made peace with them winning.

I'm not sure she's got it win yet, but it's definitely hers to lose. I think.

I like Patrick and will be sorry to see him go, but if it can't be him or Natalie then I'm not bothered who wins.

I find Abbey and Aljaz quite bland, I can imagine looking back in March and having to rack the old brain to remember who won if it was them.

Sophie has the Brendan handicap. Partnered with anyone else I'd be more likely to have her as second fav :blush:

Then Susanna and KevinfromGrimsby ... <shrug>
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D omg don't let Kit Kat loose with a shotgun

ImAginr the chaos

Oh wait Do let Kit Kat loose with a shotgun:D
  • Options
    KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    :D omg don't let Kit Kat loose with a shotgun

ImAginr the chaos

Oh wait Do let Kit Kat loose with a shotgun:D

Thank you very much! :D:D:D

*loads gun*
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now hoping Susanna is at the bottom of the leaderboard tomorrow with no ties. So cannot avoid the dance off - dances badly & gets voted off by the judges. The meltdown would be awesome :kitty: ^_^ :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    I thought from the line up announcement that Susanna would do well, then after Kevin from Grimsby became KevinfromGrimsby and Blackpool have made peace with them winning.

I'm not sure she's got it win yet, but it's definitely hers to lose. I think.

I like Patrick and will be sorry to see him go, but if it can't be him or Natalie then I'm not bothered who wins.

I find Abbey and Aljaz quite bland, I can imagine looking back in March and having to rack the old brain to remember who won if it was them.

Sophie has the Brendan handicap. Partnered with anyone else I'd be more likely to have her as second fav :blush:

Then Susanna and KevinfromGrimsby ... <shrug>

I do think she can loose though, last year at this point everyone was convince DVO would be out and Lisa go through to the final.

Turns out, if we believe Monkseal sources DVO came second and Lisa was out in the semis

If she does not dance well especially if she is over scored, she may well go this week

I do wonder how much KFG is a phenomenon on this board, he isn't exactly very handsome and I know some people off here who find him very jumped up. So if they stay this week I can still see AN Other rather than Patrick winning. (He is just not chiming with the public ATM)

Dr Hamela is another case in point , popular, popular popular and then out as soon possible in finals , ditto Jason in his year
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Monaogg wrote: »
    I am now hoping Susanna is at the bottom of the leaderboard tomorrow with no ties. So cannot avoid the dance off - dances badly & gets voted off by the judges. The meltdown would be awesome :kitty: ^_^ :kitty:

I don't think we've had a judges leaderboard with no ties this series. I think it's a new rule for them or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we've had a judges leaderboard with no ties this series. I think it's a new rule for them or something.

Or the fact that 3 of them will only use 8, 9 or 10 at this point, with 90% of scores being 9 makes the chance of ties pretty inevitable. ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think mathematically speaking it be impossible for a non tie to happen under those circumstances
  • Options
    zedderszedders Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »

But... But..... I wub you....
This discussion has been closed.