Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth is OP going to cope in prison because let's face it, that is where he is heading. The question is how long a jail term will he get?
  • Options
    AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct. No mention of either fan being on.

And the light was said to be on. Not 'off' as OP insisted.

I honestly never thought the light was significant because OP went back upstairs before police arrived…so the light could have been turned ON at that time

Wonder if Clarice Stander is going to be called by Defence or by Prosecution as rebuttal (if that's allowed)

OP said that it was Clarice who called Divaris, his brother and his manager Peet van Zyll

So did she keep OP's iPhone until the bail application hearing ??
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,036
    Forum Member
    jos wrote: »
    Just watched a bit on Sky review and it sounds more ludicrous to me second time around.

Nah, they edited it so he looked bad.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Why did he want the police called this time?

He didn't call the police to the washing machine incident.

Nor did he call the police when he was with Samantha Taylor, I believe he asked if she heard a noise.

He didn't call the police when he investigated a noise caused by a cousin or friend.

He must have thought it was a 'serious threat' to have said to Reeva to 'call the police' then.

But if he was so convinced that it was real that this was going to be the FIRST time he called the police, then why didn't he sound the alarm?
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    Does anyone know if SA justice permits rebuttal evidence or testimonies in re-examination ?

For example, if OP says in cross-examination that Van Rensburg told him X and this was not addressed in Van Rensburg's testimonies (chief and cross), can Nel call back Van Rensburg to testify in rebuttal as to what he said to OP ?

Don't know is the answer.
    Can Roux re-call him for further cross examination as we are now into the defense case?

Sorry to answer your question with a question.

Maybe I will tweet David Dadic.
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    Nah, they edited it so he looked bad.

Good job I watched it live then first time around .
  • Options
    Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, anyone know why Oscar repeatedly said he whispered to Reeva on the bed to call the police and then did a u turn and said I didnt whisper to her? And on reasking by Nel, "you didnt whisper to her?" he said no? Oh never mind lol.
  • Options
    Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    So, confusion reigns once again :D

- Has OP fabricated the whole fans/window/curtains scenario as his alibi for the story about Reeva silently vanishing to the bathroom? Did he fail, when coming up with this story, to realise the importance of minute details?

You'd have to say yes, I think, if the integrity of the crime scene can be relied upon. However, can it?

:confused:
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cal4751 wrote: »
    Don't know if this link has been posted on here.

Very interesting comments from BBC News Africa correspondent Andrew Harding

He was there in Courtroom D on Friday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26989222

Thanks - interesting read.

Re: Firing the gun out of the sunroof ...
    f you check the record, you will see that Mr Pistorius never actually denied firing a shot. But I've been led to understand - and he hinted as much in court - that he maintains he did so on a different day, in different circumstances. So why not admit that to the police, take the rap, and move on?

I had my suspicions this would be his story :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    I honestly never thought the light was significant because OP went back upstairs before police arrived…so the light could have been turned ON at that time

Wonder if Clarice Stander is going to be called by Defence or by Prosecution as rebuttal (if that's allowed)

OP said that it was Clarice who called Divaris, his brother and his manager Peet van Zyll

So did she keep OP's iPhone until the bail application hearing ??

I don't think it's that significant either - except that it seems to show that OP is trying to find things in the room that he can say were 'changed', when the light could easily have been on anyway. Making much of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clarice Stander had the phone. But she could have given it to his sister, who was there, and she may have kept it.

Who handed the phone in do you remember?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, confusion reigns once again :D

- Has OP fabricated the whole fans/window/curtains scenario as his alibi for the story about Reeva silently vanishing to the bathroom? Did he fail, when coming up with this story, to realise the importance of minute details?

You'd have to say yes, I think, if the integrity of the crime scene can be relied upon. However, can it?

:confused:

The answer to this and much more in Monday's thrilling episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cg_Evans wrote: »
    So, anyone know why Oscar repeatedly said he whispered to Reeva on the bed to call the police and then did a u turn and said I didnt whisper to her? And on reasking by Nel, "you didnt whisper to her?" he said no? Oh never mind lol.

He can contradict himself within 2 mins and deny saying something within 2 mins - who knows because he just digs himself in deeper and deeper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can contradict himself within 2 mins and deny saying something within 2 mins - who knows because he just digs himself in deeper and deeper.

With exactly the same level of conviction. Dear oh dear, he hasn't helped himself at all.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,036
    Forum Member
    That's one thing cleared up then. The small fan wasn't the one moved.

But Oscar says he has three fans. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I'm not sure, perhaps your correct. The photo of the window looked like it had thin drapes on it and not blackout curtains or blinds.
    I imagined they were like what you see abroad to keep light and heat out of bedrooms .

I thought he said he didn't remember the blinds but he pulled the curtains and they were heavy blackout ones (could be wrong).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    The answer to this and much more in Monday's thrilling episode.

I don't think M'Lady would appreciate you describing it as that.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Okay - so he's got another metallic one that was just inside the bedroom?

Possible.

I think the chap just kept talking about and confusing the time he looked at the bedroom, and the next time when he entered properly during which he went onto the balcony and had to move the fan out of the way of the door as he couldn't get out.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes one downstairs for guests.

Something else he didn't need to add just like the dog. It just muddies the water.
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do we know the whereabouts of The Third Fan?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought he said he didn't remember the blinds but he pulled the curtains and they were heavy blackout ones (could be wrong).

Blinds are blackout - curtains brocade type he said.
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jezmilla wrote: »
    This.
    Great Post imo.

Pistorius's defense team will have been hugely concerned about the overheard argument and raised voices shouting and screaming scenario.
    They would need to know almost exactly what he was shouting in case other witnesses collaborated their versions and that potentially conflicted with the defenses take on it.
    In which case given that as a possibility:
    Has anyone yet suggested that OP could very easily been shouting at Reeva "Get out of my house"?
    if they'd argued, that would be one of the first things he could easily have barked at her.
    If she had indeed been perceived by OP to have been belittling him he may well have told her to "get down". perhaps to see what the world felt like from his perspective.
    Her reaction to this possible scenario could well have been to say "I'm calling the police. let me out. you're scaring me"
    His cocky response "Call the police"?
    Knowing full well she probably wouldn't, so she runs to the bathroom for some air because he's closed the balcony doors as he didn't want neighbors hearing them arguing...

it's all the right words, just in a completely different context!

Nel's definitely going for the fight starting off in the bedroom.
    I'm waiting for his examination of the bedroom door damage. I think it's 4 bullets fired, one unloaded from the gun by police but were there 6 - a magazine full ?

Dirty Nelly : I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking does he think there were 5 shots or only 4 .... you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blinds are blackout - curtains brocade type he said.

Cheers Jos, so not blackout curtains, and he didn't use the blinds.

Still very dark if they are thick and heavy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    porky42 wrote: »
    Do we know the whereabouts of The Third Fan?

See post 5669
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doubler
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think M'Lady would appreciate you describing it as that.:)

She'll accept anything for a packet of hobnobs
This discussion has been closed.