Options

Rolf spat at in jail church ruckus

Comments

• Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you think how far Harris has fallen from grace, a much loved and respected artists and entertainer, to suddenly become something that right minded people are repulsed by and very much a hate figure. Been spat on by another low life probably won't bother him that much, such stories only serve to statisfy public thirst for seeing him suffer beyond his already ruined life and prison sentence.

Fair game mind, he is getting everything a sex offended can expect in prison, I have little sympathy but equally I don't wish him grave harm either.

We're human beings not animals.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    The spitter is even lower than Rolf.

Spitting on someone is lower than abusing children?

I think I'll have to disagree with you here.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Spitting on someone is lower than abusing children?

I think I'll have to disagree with you here.

Rolf has been found guilty and is serving time. The same is true for the spitter. In jail that put them on an equal footing. By committing a further offence the spitter has moved himself lower.
  • Options
    ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rolf has been found guilty and is serving time. The same is true for the spitter. In jail that put them on an equal footing. By committing a further offence the spitter has moved himself lower.

Rubbish, once in jail then, someone who is gulity of stealing money from their employer, is on an equal footing with a child killer. .......err, no.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. Everything is the same except the length of their sentence and category of prison.

For all people know the assailant might have previous for attacking pensioners.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish, once in jail then, someone who is gulity of stealing money from their employer, is on an equal footing with a child killer. .......err, no.

Sorry, you'll have to remind me who Rolf actually murdered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Sorry, you'll have to remind me who Rolf actually murdered.

Wasn't talking about him specifically.....it was an example to question your claim that criminals are equal, just because they are jailed criminals.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't talking about him specifically.....it was an example to question your claim that criminals are equal, just because they are jailed criminals.

Sorry - again, you'll have to remind me where I made that claim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was, of course, replying to the wrong person.

It looks like he hit the wrong target, just like the guy in prison, although I presume you won't be beating him up for it. :D

Next ian_charles will be telling us that prisoners should be exempt from the protection of the Human Rights Act as well.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    What kind of human being spits on someone anyway, regardless of the situation. That is how animals behave. Disgusting.

Paedophiles are disgusting, so they get what they deserve!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    What kind of human being spits on someone anyway, regardless of the situation. That is how animals behave. Disgusting.

When someone spits at them. People can turn into 'animals' when they're extremely angry with someone. I'm guessing this wasn't the case with Harris though.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather punishment for someone's crime be dished out through due process, courts, judges and juries. Not through a self-imposed vigilante who believes punishment should be dished out with their bodily fluids, fists or a weapon.
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather punishment for someone's crime be dished out through due process, courts, judges and juries. Not through a self-imposed vigilante who believes punishment should be dished out with their bodily fluids, fists or a weapon.

A sensible point of view as opposed to the usual teeth gnashing, wailing hysterics that pop into these threads with clockwork regularity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The spitter is even lower than Rolf.

One is someone who has spat at the other, I assume once, the other one has sexually abused children multiple times in what was a calculated, planned and for some, a life changing manner.

I agree the spitter is far worse........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A sensible point of view as opposed to the usual teeth gnashing, wailing hysterics that pop into these threads with clockwork regularity.

Do you ever hear of a case that makes you think 'he deserves all he gets'?

Or no matter how revolting the crime, your stock answer is 'human rights,'
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One is someone who has spat at the other, I assume once, the other one has sexually abused children multiple times in what was a calculated, planned and for some, a life changing manner.

I agree the spitter is far worse........

You seem to know so do tell us all. What was the spitter in prison for exactly?
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you ever hear of a case that makes you think 'he deserves all he gets'?

Or no matter how revolting the crime, your stock answer is 'human rights,'

I've never once mentioned human rights however as a civilized person living in the 21st century I expect justice to be done in the courts rather than violent vigilantism which seems to be your preferred system for certain crimes.

I include one of your cheeky posts from earlier.
    They shouldve tried to stuff the altar up his arse..............ungreased.

I prefer the rule of law, scrutiny of evidence and and considered punishment of those found guilty of crimes to the kind of disturbingly gleeful vigilantism advocated by certain sections of society and the usual suspects on this place.
  • Options
    TheCloakroom99TheCloakroom99 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Or morons as they are more commonly known...
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,580
    Forum Member
    I've never once mentioned human rights however as a civilized person living in the 21st century I expect justice to be done in the courts rather than violent vigilantism which seems to be your preferred system for certain crimes.

I prefer the rule of law, scrutiny of evidence and and considered punishment of those found guilty of crimes to the kind of disturbingly gleeful vigilantism advocated by certain sections of society and the usual suspects on this place.

I'm with you on that.
  • Options
    Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,854
    Forum Member

Exactly. Some of the comments on thread are disgraceful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »

Comment 51 said that the spitter is lower than Rolf...... It wasn't about the spitters crime, it was that he spat at Rolf.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »

It would be somewhat ironic if he was a rapist or murderer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comment 51 said that the spitter is lower than Rolf...... It wasn't about the spitters crime, it was that he spat at Rolf.

I would agree with comment 51 in that case. Lets just abandon the law and leave it up to spitters etc. Save a fortune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Meh! I go for satisfying lawlessness and adolescent behaviour every time, unless it affects me or mine of course.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a prison for christs sake....... why this should make the news is beyond me, the next headline will be "Rolf Harris - Called a nasty name".

If he had been stabbed, burned, badly beaten, that qualifies as vigilantism, name calling, spitting happens on football fields and school playgrounds everyday.