Options

Deal or No Deal (No Spoilers — Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO the whole concept of the game, and the game itself, has run it's course.. and should be taken of ASAP and replaced. with something totally different.
  • Options
    mesonychidmesonychid Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE. When the show first started, there were I think only four different variations of what amount went in what box, and that variation was chosen at random. Any of the first people to play the show could've easily picked the sequence for their particular game and taken Endemol to the cleaners.[/QUOTE]

:confused:
    What do ypu mean ?
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JACK - "TRUST ME, YOU'VE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION" >:(

Has there ever been a more irksome individual on the wings in 9 years? Today was breathtaking. I was watching the game with my mother and even she called him a "wally".

Hopefully this boys grating overconfidence will be his downfall in his game. He thinks he is much cleverer than the evidence of what comes out of his mouth suggests. Infact I'm sure he thinks he knows better than anyone else in the entire Dream Factory, yet the truth is he's actually quite the opposite, a bit thick but with a mighty big gob, a lethal combination.

He surpassed himself in the second half of today's game of DOND however. Having already told her she should go onwards, at I think it was the £6,500 offer, when her next offer of £15,000 came along he put his red light on with the majority of others, which surprised me greatly. His advice was a strident comment that she should deal, and after she had indeed dealt he dared to say to her "Trust me, you've made the right decision". Wow, can anyone believe that comment, at 8 box with 35K, 100K and 250K remaining, and he dared to say those words to her. She even voluntarily asked his advice at one point, rather than having it foisted upon her. His advice is worthless, how has he hoodwinked others that he's clever, he's not. So having told her to deal at 15K which she did and then following it up with his "trust me" comment it went onto a 35K offer and then onto the mega £115K. Having been shown up for the imbecile he is and the inaccuracy of his comments you might imagine the boy would become humbled and take a vow of much needed silence. But no, come Box 23 off he goes again with no shame whatsoever in talking some of the biggest crap to come out of anyone. Jack must believe his own hype. The box could have 5 straight nothings in it, or ten straight doubles, yet he tries to rationalise the unrational and random. So he got lucky, but that was all it was, pure luck.

A boy who told her to meekly deal at that 15K with such huge sums remaining would then have gone on to gamble it on Box 23, come off it you utter fibber. I don't think his inconsistent behaviour in the wings regards what he would do in the players chair is any kind of thought out bluffing for the bankers benefit come his game. I believe he's just a young foolish boy who actually cannot read the board to save his life and has no real idea about chance and probability. He probably thinks there is an actual system that could get the right 6 numbers from 49 on the national lottery too.

Jack is too insufferable for words. How he seems to have promoted himself as some wise young font of wisdom and get some to believe he is, when he's the total reverse is a mystery to me.

If Jack wins the £250,000 tomorrow, or whenever he plays, then DOND is fixed!!!.....even though I know it's not.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack is 22 and he sure as hell doesn't act like it! *roll eyes*
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trevor_C7 wrote: »
    The Banker is well aware of the values that people will deal at. I thought she'd carry on at £15k, but she turned out to be gutless. knowing that she'd likely deal at £15k given the extent to which she kept droning on about how badly yesterday's prize tit played the game, the banker could afford to low ball her.

However, she has to be given credit for not punching Edmonds' lights out when he plumbed new depths of rubbing salt in to her stupidity.

Noel usually encourages a deal these days so his rubbing it in was very hypocritical.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack is 22 and he sure as hell doesn't act like it! *roll eyes*

Maybe he will have the 1p/10p finish and have Nothing in box 23.

That really would be the icing on the cake with the cherry on top.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    JACK - "TRUST ME, YOU'VE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION" >:(

Has there ever been a more irksome individual on the wings in 9 years? Today was breathtaking. I was watching the game with my mother and even she called him a "wally".

Hopefully this boys grating overconfidence will be his downfall in his game. He thinks he is much cleverer than the evidence of what comes out of his mouth suggests. Infact I'm sure he thinks he knows better than anyone else in the entire Dream Factory, yet the truth is he's actually quite the opposite, a bit thick but with a mighty big gob, a lethal combination.

He surpassed himself in the second half of today's game of DOND however. Having already told her she should go onwards, at I think it was the £6,500 offer, when her next offer of £15,000 came along he put his red light on with the majority of others, which surprised me greatly. His advice was a strident comment that she should deal, and after she had indeed dealt he dared to say to her "Trust me, you've made the right decision". Wow, can anyone believe that comment, at 8 box with 35K, 100K and 250K remaining, and he dared to say those words to her. She even voluntarily asked his advice at one point, rather than having it foisted upon her. His advice is worthless, how has he hoodwinked others that he's clever, he's not. So having told her to deal at 15K which she did and then following it up with his "trust me" comment it went onto a 35K offer and then onto the mega £115K. Having been shown up for the imbecile he is and the inaccuracy of his comments you might imagine the boy would become humbled and take a vow of much needed silence. But no, come Box 23 off he goes again with no shame whatsoever in talking some of the biggest crap to come out of anyone. Jack must believe his own hype. The box could have 5 straight nothings in it, or ten straight doubles, yet he tries to rationalise the unrational and random. So he got lucky, but that was all it was, pure luck.

A boy who told her to meekly deal at that 15K with such huge sums remaining would then have gone on to gamble it on Box 23, come off it you utter fibber. I don't think his inconsistent behaviour in the wings regards what he would do in the players chair is any kind of thought out bluffing for the bankers benefit come his game. I believe he's just a young foolish boy who actually cannot read the board to save his life and has no real idea about chance and probability. He probably thinks there is an actual system that could get the right 6 numbers from 49 on the national lottery too.

Jack is too insufferable for words. How he seems to have promoted himself as some wise young font of wisdom and get some to believe he is, when he's the total reverse is a mystery to me.

If Jack wins the £250,000 tomorrow, or whenever he plays, then DOND is fixed!!!.....even though I know it's not.

He'll probably squander a £250,000 win in less than a month if somehow he wins it.
  • Options
    Trevor_C7Trevor_C7 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    You can tell the arrogant, attention seeking, fat effer's local by his accent, so Edemol will probably still have him on there at Christmas doling out his idiotic pearls of wisdom to influence the other gullible contestants, just as Roop did. Probably no family to care for, likely unemployed as you pretty much have to be to go on the show, and with the intelligence of a lobotomized flea. We'll have weeks of him yet. You can tell he's a ringer, because even when he's silently mouthing off with his own arrogance, the camera's automatically on him.

I just wish he'd STFU and get a job as Mr Blobby's stunt double.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mesonychid wrote: »
    [QUOTE. When the show first started, there were I think only four different variations of what amount went in what box, and that variation was chosen at random. Any of the first people to play the show could've easily picked the sequence for their particular game and taken Endemol to the cleaners.
    :confused:
    What do ypu mean ?

As an example, the £250k was only ever put in box 3, box 8, box 14, or box 22. The same applied to every other amount only being put in one of four specific boxes.

Not that it was ever known if any of the early contestants twigged what was going on, but they could've figured out pretty early on what amount was in their box and used that to their advantage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »

Of course it's fixed. It's just that no one will ever prove it.

What I've always wanted to know is, does the contestant playing the game get to pick their box before or after the amounts are put in?

There's someone out the back putting the amounts in boxes and keeping a record of what's going where, and it sure as hell ain't no independent adjudicator, just as there isn't a Banker either. We know this as when Edmonds holds the phone to his ear for literally no more than 3 seconds, his spiel about what the "Banker" has just said to him runs for the next 20 seconds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell the arrogant, attention seeking, fat effer's local by his accent, so Edemol will probably still have him on there at Christmas doling out his idiotic pearls of wisdom to influence the other gullible contestants, just as Roop did. Probably no family to care for, likely unemployed as you pretty much have to be to go on the show, and with the intelligence of a lobotomized flea. We'll have weeks of him yet. You can tell he's a ringer, because even when he's silently mouthing off with his own arrogance, the camera's automatically on him.
    Yes, I have noticed how he seems to get the camera on him as soon as he moves a muscle, and it's as if the director has singled him out for particular attention. :confused:
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that!;-)

Which part of series 1?

From episode 2, and it looks like Deal's reduced to only one episode a day for the foreseeable future on Challenge

Anita's game skipped over and straight to Episode 4 and Rachel today

Should be Haleem tomorrow morning
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack would know if he was a stooge. And Noel is clearly, via his earpiece, told what amounts are about to be revealed so he ramp up his pre box opening bilge to create the maximum tension.

And let's not believe all this "the boxes are filled at random by the independent adjudicator" nonsense. We all know it's not true. When the show first started, there were I think only four different variations of what amount went in what box, and that variation was chosen at random. Any of the first people to play the show could've easily picked the sequence for their particular game and taken Endemol to the cleaners.

Just keep on digging a hole for yourself,Trevor. The last time you posted stuff like this you were given a warning by Glorious 12th that what you were posting could well be considered libellous.

i have no connection to the show but I do not think that any of this is true and you really should be careful what you are saying.

Just saying,that's all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    From episode 2, and it looks like Deal's reduced to only one episode a day for the foreseeable future on Challenge

Anita's game skipped over and straight to Episode 4 and Rachel today

Should be Haleem tomorrow morning
    Can I ask why you are so keen to keep watching such old repeats of DOND like this, especially when you still get a brand new fix of it everyday anyway?

From what you wrote earlier it sounded like you have watched the repeats themselves more than once!

Take my advice as a fellow long time fan of the show, life's too short. ;-)
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You only get on this show if you're an attention seeker who cares little for the money. Endemol don't want contestants who are going to play the game properly because that cost them money.

Last 3 shows:

Stupid old teddy woman who no dealed £30k and dealt at £15k. Sheer stupidity.

Grinning idiot Lee who turned down £10k and blew is game out the window.

And today's gutless hard faced, scowling crone who had no desire to go for big money because she was obsessed with how badly other people have played the game. It's highly ironic that her obsession with not replicating Lee's idiocy caused her to play the game so badly herself.

"Stupid old teddy woman", "grinning idiot", "gutless hard faced,scowling crone."

I mean,come on,Trevor,don't hold back,why don't you tell us what you really think of the players?
  • Options
    Coupon BoyCoupon Boy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Man, I've never seen a contestant cause so many arguments BEFORE they even play. :p
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite glad when the banker wins, it shows that a lot of the players are quite gutless, fair enough if they need the cash, but in some cases, they get offered a low amount for a board which is brilliant, and they still take it. The players need waking up!
  • Options
    Glorious 12thGlorious 12th Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    [highlight]DEAL OR NO DEAL[/highlight]

Nobody should be in any doubt whatsoever about the 100% total integrity of the whole process involving Deal Or No Deal. In every single show without exception the game begins with the same question and statement about the random pick of the box and the role of the independent adjudicator. To repeat, INDEPENDENT adjudicator. The integrity of the whole game process is beyond reproach. Only a fool would believe otherwise.

I'm sure you will enjoy Wednesday's game immensely with a clearly popular young Jack.

http://www.channel4.com/dealornodeal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the game we've all been waiting for!

NOT! ;-)

No £250k for Jack! :p
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    £100k and £250k gone. :p/:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone else I'd offer £5,000. For Jack I'd offer £22! *evil grin*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Terrible start, For him, I'd offer £1,000 but for anybody else, it'd be £4,500. :D
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Jack the lad not doing too well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For anyone else I'd offer £5,000. For Jack I'd offer £22! *evil grin*

I'm guessing you want him to do well (not) GCT?! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £100k and £250k gone. :p/:(

Maybe, but why am I getting the impression that Jack could get the highest remaining amount, the £75,000, or certainly a gigantic sum? This game seems flagged up as something special and I'm here bang on 4pm for a rare watch at that time because of it.
This discussion has been closed.