Options

The Paedophile Hunter CH4 Wed 1st Oct 10pm

Comments

• Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Well they don't need to kill themselves if caught. They'll probably just get a suspended sentence if it does go to court at all.
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    They can I think, as let's not forget, the police themselves use this same method. The offence is one of attempting to have sexual contact with a child, it doesn't matter if there is no actual child involved, the intent is the offence as I understand it.
    Thank you, it's nice to see a voice of sense on here. ;-) Of course the police do this! It's just a pity their department isn't bigger.

I'm so revolted by the perpetrators of these crimes - what vile, unutterable creeps they are, with pathetic whingy excuses that make the skin crawl. We certainly shouldn't be worried if they decide to go and top themselves. (But those sentences - far too many suspended!)
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That letter from the police was to cover their own back so that they've distanced themselves from him - as if he was assisting them.
    I want to hate what these guys are doing but I've no sympathy for paedophiles, especially the ones with families of their own.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Maybe he never abused his daughter? And from the way his wife is talking, it sounds like he didn't in fact

Very strange logic. I don't have kids, can anyone confirm that they would let somebody who sends explicit pictures to children, and goes to meet them for sex, live with their kids? and justify it by saying "maybe he's never abused my kids"?
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's went up about 50,000 likes on facebook in the last hour.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogeyz wrote: »
    But how can they prove that? If we can prosecute them on the assumption they were going to commit an offence, then can they claim that they knew they were posing as underage girls all along can they get away with it on that assumption?

This person from dateline did:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2027147/Joseph-Roisman-acquitted-paedophile-To-Catch-A-Predator-entrapment.html

I'm not defending any of these people, by the way, I just find entrapment dubious.

The police regularly prosecute people for online grooming. Many probably try to claim that they believed they were chatting with an adult (someone in this documentary did just that), but the undercover officer (or, in this case, journalist) makes sure they say that they're 12, 13 or whatever, early on in the communication.
  • Options
    jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really sure these guys are all pedos, rather they are very sad, lonely, socially awkward people who never get any female attention whatsoever so when someone does show an interest in them they can't help themselves. There's no doubt they were all a bit odd.
  • Options
    larlaruklarlaruk Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    omg, if you want to go on line and chat up a CHILD show them your bits then go to their house for a CHAT and watch A FLIM then u ask for everything you get, Name and Shame the dirty pigs and keep our children safe, and if they end up killing themselves
    then tough tits, one less pedo screwing up a child's life,
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    playa1 wrote: »
    See so even the police are telling him he is not helping in any way. He's motivated by his own issues and getting likes on his facebook page.
    D_Peugeot wrote: »
    He does seem an incredibly damaged and emotionally unstable person.

Agree with you both. Alleged good intentions aside there was something about him that made this whole programme as equally uncomfortable viewing as the subject matter itself.

If he would "willingly help the police if they asked" then why not join them and get properly trained to do this 'job' in an appropriate and professional way and not in the personal gratification approach he currently adopts.
  • Options
    jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But your assuming that he would have actually carried out the things he said in the texts. And that he would look at his own daughter in the same way. Surely helping him is better than forced suicide.

It's a good point. Who's to say if it had been a real situation he wouldn't have realised how stupid he was being and backed off and never considered it again?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very strange logic. I don't have kids, can anyone confirm that they would let somebody who sends explicit pictures to children, and goes to meet them for sex, live with their kids? and justify it by saying "maybe he's never abused my kids"?

All we know is that woman's husband and the father of her child commited suicide after being entrapped by the vigilante. From the way she is talking, it seems she is satisfied that her husband never sexually abused her child (otherwise it's highly improbable she would even appear on the documentary).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    The so-called 'paedophile hunter' is a self-serving degenerate.

I noticed in the first minute of the documentary that he is using gay dating websites to target lonely gay men. No doubt if homosexuality was still illegal in Britain, he would be targeting and humiliating even more gay men than he can now.

He's already caused the suicide of one man with a wife and child, so it is not unfathomable that he may end up targeting someone who decides to kill not only himself, but his partner and young children as well. Would Mr Hunter be such a hero then, when he has a death of a whole family on his hands?
  • Options
    Roland_SmithRoland_Smith Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    What 13 year old girl is gonna be attracted to a fat, small-cocked man wanking?......

eewwwww
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonm01 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure these guys are all pedos, rather they are very sad, lonely, socially awkward people who never get any female attention whatsoever so when someone does show an interest in them they can't help themselves. There's no doubt they were all a bit odd.
    They knew their victims were underage, yet they still continued. That makes them paedos - end of. Just why are you making excuses for them, I wonder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    All we know is that woman's husband and the father of her child commited suicide after being entrapped by the vigilante. From the way she is talking, it seems she is satisfied that her husband never sexually abused her child (otherwise it's highly improbable she would even appear on the documentary).

She should be thanking Stinson, he did her and their child a favour. Stop defending the scumbag
  • Options
    catgilcatgil Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    larlaruk wrote: »
    omg, if you want to go on line and chat up a CHILD show them your bits then go to their house for a CHAT and watch A FLIM then u ask for everything you get, Name and Shame the dirty pigs and keep our children safe, and if they end up killing themselves
    then tough tits, one less pedo screwing up a child's life,

Exactly. Well said.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "you don't know how much it means to me to be believed over a teacher" sums a large part of this up.

However, if it helps get these people off of the streets...

I am alarmed so many got off with this though - the guy who agreed he liked a good sucking off got 12 months and the guy who didn't care got 3 years - otherwise they all got suspended sentences, which is a bit worrying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonm01 wrote: »
    It's a good point. Who's to say if it had been a real situation he wouldn't have realised how stupid he was being and backed off and never considered it again?

Exactly. Even arriving at the house and entering it, doesn't really prove anything. He could lose his nerve or change his mind (you often hear that story about men who visit prostitutes, meet her and then "make their excuses and leave" because they've changed their mind and decided not to go through with it)
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should be thanking Stinson, he did her and their child a favour. Stop defending the scumbag

I don't think they are defending him just simply backing up what the mother feels. I'm sure the lady is in a better position than any of us to know what her ex got up to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her child is a lot safer now it isn't living with a paedophile. I thought she would be relieved

Thats rather crude logic. Might as well say Stinson Hunter should kill himself because he's an arsonist and people he lives with would be safer in their houses without him setting fire to things.
  • Options
    OmlOml Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    I have seen other docs that suggest some people have an inherent attraction to younger girls/boys. Is this really the best way to tackle the issue? Intimidating people and shaming them?

I watched the c5 documentary last night on the murder of Sarah Payne. Basically her mother said the same thing. Some people will inherently seek out children for their perverse ideas. The only thing that can stop them is an adult intervening to protect the child. Which was why she campaigned for Sarah's law and the news of the world printed all those names. Peodophiles thrive due to secrecy and the best way to tackle them is to remove their secrecy.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    The paedophile that killed himself did so because he couldn't live with the world knowing the depravity of his true nature. All Stinson did, in his own words, was "hold a mirror up" to that behaviour, which is true, now everybody knows. Stinson didn't cause that person's death, it was he himself and the series of events he willingly engaged in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The scumbag is not the main talking point of the documentary : the vigilante is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats rather crude logic. Might as well say Stinson Hunter should kill himself because he's an arsonist and people he lives with would be safer in their houses without him setting fire to things.

He did his time and seems to be rehabilitated. This guy could have done the same but he took the cowards way out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His kickstarter has raised about £5,000 in 25 minutes.