Options

Doctor Who: Mummy on the Orient Express - 11/10/2014 (BBC One/HD-8:35pm) Thread

Comments

• Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Foxes wasn't in it for very long.

Is she famous or something? I've never heard of her before. She's got a good voice though.
  • Options
    TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    She had a parting? I was focused on the other parts of her - she looked blooming gorgeous in that dress.

Someone else on this thread was rather taken by Clara's feet!
  • Options
    David_H_93David_H_93 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Is she famous or something? I've never heard of her before. She's got a good voice though.

She is famous but this episode will put her more in the spot light I haven't heard of her until it was announced she was appearing in Series 8
  • Options
    flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, didn't that just knock you off your chair while keeping you on the edge of your seat? No mean feat.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Script, acting, everything. Lovely. I even liked Frank Skinner, though I seem to be in the minority there. I wish he'd stayed with the Doctor. But I do like Frank Skinner. And the pretty girl who sang the Queen song and everything.

And, was it just me or did 12 channel 10 as well as 4? When, at one point he said "Didn't I?" or some such. Anyway, I like to think so.

Only thing I didn't like was the "experts" didn't get any lines - I'd have liked to see some squabbling among themselves.

Brilliant, did I say that already?

I LOVE Capaldi. I am definitely an official Capaldi fangirl!

Oh yes Me too!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can somebody tell me what part of The Episode Peter Capaldi sounded like Tom Baker was it when he offered the Jelly Baby ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved last weeks episode but the moment they made the Moon an egg my rating went from a 9/10 to a 7/10
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David_H_93 wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me what part of The Episode Peter Capaldi sounded like Tom Baker was it when he offered the Jelly Baby ?

When he was talking to himself in his stateroom.
  • Options
    mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another excellent from me.

I've thoroughly enjoyed series 8 anyway, but I think that episode was paced better than anything we've seen so far.

Another thing that I've noticed throughout is the chemistry between Capaldi and Coleman - it's smouldering. Of all the Doctor companion pair-ups we've seen since 2005, I don't think we've seen quite so much chemistry and rapport before: it's all in the eyes.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we sure that Gus wasn't voiced by Dale Winton?

Isn't this exciting!
  • Options
    Vexed womanVexed woman Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rubbing his left arm again, is he having a heart attack in one of his heart's because he's Scottish and half human. :p
  • Options
    bebo83bebo83 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Clara is really beginning to grate on me. She only decided it was OK to travel with the doctor as her boyfriend said it was OK to do so, talk about controlling. I am really loving Peter Capaldi as the Doctor, just wish he would get a new companion soonish. I enjoyed this episode but just felt the end was rushed as has been the case a lot this series.
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bebo83 wrote: »
    Clara is really beginning to grate on me. She only decided it was OK to travel with the doctor as her boyfriend said it was OK to do so, talk about controlling. I am really loving Peter Capaldi as the Doctor, just wish he would get a new companion soonish. I enjoyed this episode but just felt the end was rushed as has been the case a lot this series.

I think respect for his opinion doesn't necessarily constitute controlling. You can't go off doing what you want in a relationship then claim its controlling when the other person disagrees with your choices.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clara is really beginning to grate on me. She only decided it was OK to travel with the doctor as her boyfriend said it was OK to do so, talk about controlling

I think you rather missed the point of that!

Clara figured out that the Doctor has become rather addicted to making these life or death decisions. Danny's words didn't come into it at all - she was distracted throughout their conversation and 'blamed' him for her wanting to leave in the first place. She lied. It was heavily implied that having figured out what's wrong with the Doctor she can't leave - she needs to stay in order to help fix him. She's just seen him about to let another person die without care and he only stopped because she shamed him into doing so. Clara thinks she can help the Doctor.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wasn't she fibbing when she said that?
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Sessions was the voice of GUS. Suitably plummy and smug. He does it so well!

:):):)
  • Options
    krikkiter68krikkiter68 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    flowerduck wrote: »
    Oh yes Me too!! :D

Me three! (Sorry, someone had to say it! :D ) Tennant is my favourite but Capaldi has to be in second place now. He's marvellous, and so is Jenna IMO. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are people going on about Clara's feet I wasn't looking at her feet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    dans_t16s wrote: »
    Jenna Coleman's feet :):)

Ohhhh laaawwwwwwdy!
  • Options
    Free RadicalFree Radical Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Loved this episode. Much better than last week :)

Clara's change of heart was a surprise, but it seems she is "addicted" to travelling with the Doctor.

Frank Skinner's role was good. Plus, no Courtney.

Overall, a really good episode.
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know they said there wouldn't be any flirting between Clara and The Doctor, and there hasn't been as of yet to be fair, but I can't be the only one who thinks there's some romantic feelings between the two? That's the way it's coming across to me and I just don't know if it's intended or if I've totally got it wrong.
  • Options
    Bob_WhingerBob_Whinger Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Clara say her boyfriend said it was ok for her to go with the Doctor ? My impression was that `she made that up` to excuse herself going on another adventure. That is what I thought when first watching.
  • Options
    bebo83bebo83 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »

Clara figured out that the Doctor has become rather addicted to making these life or death decisions. Danny's words didn't come into it at all - she was distracted throughout their conversation and 'blamed' him for her wanting to leave in the first place. She lied. It was heavily implied that having figured out what's wrong with the Doctor she can't leave - she needs to stay in order to help fix him. She's just seen him about to let another person die without care and he only stopped because she shamed him into doing so. Clara thinks she can help the Doctor.
    OK, you are right, I wasn't paying full attention on that bit. I had to go back to it on iPlayer.
  • Options
    mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »

I read it slightly differently. The way I read it was that at the end of the episode, Clara realised that the Doctor still was, beneath the gruff exterior, that same good man who she had loved before; the same good man she had told to get lost in the previous episode. She deeply regretted some of the stuff she had come out with and realised she still wanted to tarvel with him.

Also, she realised from her conversation with the Doctor that it's not him who is addicted to those life and death decisions - it's her; she's tried to stop, and can't.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Clara say her boyfriend said it was ok for her to go with the Doctor ? My impression was that `she made that up` to excuse herself going on another adventure. That is what I thought when first watching.

During their first phone call (when she was on her bed) IIRC he did say something like if you are enjoying it you don't have to stop,
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    David_H_93 wrote: »
    Why are people going on about Clara's feet I wasn't looking at her feet

There was someone on the Soaps thread about a year ago who started a thread about actresses feet .. asking for any photos etc....

Weird.