Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    It could be artistically arranged with a selection of Gail's blazers and her caterpillar coat.

Oh that coat!! I've been trying to find footage of when she was stomping down the street in a huff (looking for Eileen again, I think) but couldn't find any. I remember thinking how utterly ridiculous she looked in it - and tbh wondered how those awful coats ever got bought by anyone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    You forgot all the other traumas that the Stape-Dobbs family have been through: Fiz's mother's illness, her brother's GF getting injured in the crash, her friend, Hayley's death, and Ty crashing through the ceiling due to the cowboy builders! And then there's that time Fiz was married to Hope's father; John Stape. :o

DIY SOS - bring it on!:D

And her time in the clink!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redstar81 wrote: »
    Tracy 's conscience is definitely a SOR.

Why on earth would you want to be friends with someone who was freaking you out by pretending to be your partners crazy ex? Burying the hatchet is also a SOR.

I'm constantly amazed how everyone gets over everything super fast in soaps. Emotions connected to betrayal, mourning and other losses last a couple of shows and then everything's forgotten. So many SORs.
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The loft conversion story was DIY SOR.
  • Options
    Tippy ToesTippy Toes Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse wrote: »
    I'm constantly amazed how everyone gets over everything super fast in soaps. Emotions connected to betrayal, mourning and other losses last a couple of shows and then everything's forgotten. So many SORs.

I suppose if they didn't suspend belief in this way, nobody would be talking to anyone else. Not sure there is a character left who hasn't been stalked, cheated on, plotted against, framed for murder, fought in the street with, etc, etc etc
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 49,131
    Forum Member
    Oh that coat!! I've been trying to find footage of when she was stomping down the street in a huff (looking for Eileen again, I think) but couldn't find any. I remember thinking how utterly ridiculous she looked in it - and tbh wondered how those awful coats ever got bought by anyone!

I have a very similar coat :blush:

I can't stand being cold and it keeps me warm in the most freezing weather so I try not to think what I must look like in it. Mine isn't as long as Gail's so possibly looks slightly less ridiculous :D

Gail's footwear is pretty awful too - those bright white trainers she wears with everything and the black boots she often wears with the caterpillar coat :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tippy Toes wrote: »
    I suppose if they didn't suspend belief in this way, nobody would be talking to anyone else. Not sure there is a character left who hasn't been stalked, cheated on, plotted against, framed for murder, fought in the street with, etc, etc etc

Very true!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a very similar coat :blush:

I can't stand being cold and it keeps me warm in the most freezing weather so I try not to think what I must look like in it. Mine isn't as long as Gail's so possibly looks slightly less ridiculous :D

Gail's footwear is pretty awful too - those bright white trainers she wears with everything and the black boots she often wears with the caterpillar coat :)

Ah well, everyone has different tastes.

Yes, she's certainly no style icon. :D
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail's also a lover of turtleneck jumpers it seems
  • Options
    Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Experienced producer, his writers and production team, supposedly professionals, make dozens of continuity, common sense, factual and programme history errors.

Some TV critics and the 'amateur' viewers on here point out these errors, take the mickey almost to the point of ridiculing the whole show.

Said professionals carry on making the same errors, blundering about without a care in the world, not even attempting to get things right.

Surely that is the biggest SOR of all?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And her time in the clink!!

Oh yes. Fiz's time in clink. Fiz Stape helped to conceal a Colin Fishwick's body by dumping it in the canal with her hubby and she also nicked his Fishwick's mother's money after she died. She deserved clink but was treated by the Corrie lot as poor ickle Fiz! When she came out of clink Carla was so lovely to her and gave Fiz her job back.

And those baddies who were friends of some woman Fiz met in clink; Ty and Kirky locked them in Fred Elliott's freezer. That learned 'em! :D:D:D
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOR - that we're all (presumably) certifiably sane yet still choose to watch this lump of shite 5 times a week (6 with the recent Thursday episodes!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes. Fiz's time in clink. Fiz Stape helped to conceal a Colin Fishwick's body by dumping it in the canal with her hubby and she also nicked his Fishwick's mother's money after she died. She deserved clink but was treated by the Corrie lot as poor ickle Fiz! When she came out of clink Carla was so lovely to her and gave Fiz her job back.

And those baddies who were friends of some woman Fiz met in clink; Ty and Kirky locked them in Fred Elliott's freezer. That learned 'em! :D:D:D

And then there was all that to do with Fiz trying to bust some prison drug dealers to get her and Hope a place in a mother and baby unit.
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good for covering love bites :o
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Too many chippy teas, kebabs, burnt pies and goodness knows what else can't be good for Hope and Ruby. Do those kids ever see fresh veg or a piece of fruit? I hope Fiz and Ty make more of an effort to feed their girls a healthy diet from now on :D:D
    Ty: "Hope's finished her English breakfast. She even had two slices of bread"

Fiz: "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhh good girl Hope"
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAWxbDsCQAAH6fC.jpg:large :o

Clearly been getting fashion advice from Arsene Wenger....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84kKPbxgsCc :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ty: "Hope's finished her English breakfast. She even had two slices of bread"

Fiz: "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhh good girl Hope"

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAWxbDsCQAAH6fC.jpg:large :o

Clearly been getting fashion advice from Arsene Wenger....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84kKPbxgsCc :D

:D:D:D

"Awwwwwwh Rubeh you come an have some as well"
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

"Awwwwwwh Rubeh you come an have some as well"

"Rubeh won't eat a full English, she prefers turrrd in the urrrl"
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Rubeh won't eat a full English, she prefers turrrd in the urrrl"

Don't like the sound of that! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight on Corrie:
    At the hospital, Fiz and Tyrone are stunned when the consultant tells them Hope has cancer. Meanwhile, Tracy comes clean to Robert about the fire in Carla's flat, Kevin fakes delight when Tim gives him a horrible bracelet for his birthday, and Leanne is relieved by Simon's calmer personality.

First Steph's bracelet was found in Deirdre's outside privy. Then we had Liz's bracelet that she managed to loose behind her headboard. ;-):o We had the bracelet found in the cab office. Now we have Tim giving Kev a bracelet.

Weird.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And then there was all that to do with Fiz trying to bust some prison drug dealers to get her and Hope a place in a mother and baby unit.

Along with all the other stuff she's done, she also made some nasty accusations against Roy. Yet she is meant to be a lovely person. Isn't she? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tippy Toes wrote: »

No, that's hollyoaks
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,399
    Forum Member

I like them too, on other people.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Tonight on Corrie:
    At the hospital, Fiz and Tyrone are stunned when the consultant tells them Hope has cancer. Meanwhile, Tracy comes clean to Robert about the fire in Carla's flat, Kevin fakes delight when Tim gives him a horrible bracelet for his birthday, and Leanne is relieved by Simon's calmer personality.

First Steph's bracelet was found in Deirdre's outside privy. Then we had Liz's bracelet that she managed to loose behind her headboard. ;-):o We had the bracelet found in the cab office. Now we have Tim giving Kev a bracelet.

Weird.
    The props department obviously got a cheap job lot of them.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    The props department obviously got a cheap job lot of them.

LIke the olives :D

Not an SOR (so apologies!) but just wanted to say am loving Sally and Tim...they're quite funny when they're on a roll.....
This discussion has been closed.